Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Basic question

the wheel shim would do.

Originally posted by esham
Sorry guys for the interuption,
Basic question but it make me Normally i used 2° offset tires ( Brand GQ) - it not touch my rear knuckle arm. But if i just change the tires to 0° offset, it touch the knuckle arm. Should i install washer behind the wheel adaptor and remove a plactic collar which is in between the wheel bearing assembly?- to avoid tires from touching the knuckle upright. What should i do actually?

Thanks for help.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

mono: thanks for the clear up
esham: do you have the wheel shaft for wide tires? VZ081 (http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBXE8&P=7). If not, you will need to use wheel hex adapter/spacer or just let it rub eventually it will get a groove and won't rob any more
Old 08-24-2004, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Basic question

Sorry guys for the interuption,
Basic question but it make me Normally i used 2° offset tires ( Brand GQ) - it not touch my rear knuckle arm. But if i just change the tires to 0° offset, it touch the knuckle arm. Should i install washer behind the wheel adaptor and remove a plactic collar which is in between the wheel bearing assembly?- to avoid tires from touching the knuckle upright. What should i do actually?

Thanks for help.
I had a similar problem with my V1S [until I installed the wide-tire CVDs].

Luckily, my kid's HPI kit came with 1mm thick, 12mm hex nut wheel shim and it worked just fine, although I didn't feel too comfortable having a mm off of the hex drive. Again, it did well by me.

^5
Old 08-25-2004, 01:17 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks guys.. yup got the answers- Option/Alternative are
1. Offset wheel adaptor hex nut
2. Wheel shim
3. Offset wheel joint cup.

Anybody experience on Kawahara Centax Clutch S.S Set?
What is the different between Z-1774 set compare than Z-1771 both stated used for MTX3 but i believe it well fits V1RR Evo too.. isn't it?
Old 08-25-2004, 06:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anybody experience on Kawahara Centax Clutch S.S Set?
What is the different between Z-1774 set compare than Z-1771 both stated used for MTX3 but i believe it well fits V1RR Evo too.. isn't it?
I've been using it, esham. I really love it. It's mounts have the engine sit right above the chassis, about .03mm. And it engages and spools up faster than any of my other centax clutches. I don't remember the part number because it's been a while. But if you do order one, make sure it comes with the mounts. If you don't, you'll have to modify an existing set, otherwise your starter wheel will never reach the fly wheel.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: RR laydown conversion kit

Hey kid...would you know if the laydown steering kit will also fit a V1R? If it does, where can i buy or order it. Sorry i can't open the sight that you posted. Can you also post a picture of the bottom chassis for 705. Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by kidDynomite
If any of you are intested in a good quaily laydown steering kit for the RR, check out INGracing. I think it goes anywhere from $45 - $65. This is a good option for any budget racer who would like to upgrade to a Evo type knock-off.

If you have a 705, there's an even better kit for you. Carbon Fiber bottom chassis = no tweaks.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: RR laydown conversion kit

Originally posted by shogun
Hey kid...would you know if the laydown steering kit will also fit a V1R? If it does, where can i buy or order it. Sorry i can't open the sight that you posted. Can you also post a picture of the bottom chassis for 705. Thanks in advance!
Shogun, I believe the R and RR have the same bulk heads and chassis configurations. Anybody know this for sure?

And here is the pic of the 705 kit along with the URL.

http://www.ingracing.com/ing/web/Eng...conversion.htm
Old 08-25-2004, 06:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: RR laydown conversion kit

Here's a shot of it one the chassis (705).
I know this isn't a Serpent thread, guys, but this ones for Shogun.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: RR laydown conversion kit

They also sell it with just the top plate, no bottom chassis.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Shogun, I believe the R and RR have the same bulk heads and chassis configurations. Anybody know this for sure?
Yes, the R and RR use the same front end.
. . . and pretty much the same rear end, come to think of it.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Default evo

If the you can still get the evolution conversion kit, then thats the way to go. I did that and put the mugan real up rights on the car, the thing is a dream to drive. tower still has THE CONVERSION KIT in stock, tower part number LXEZV2

Last edited by drfritz; 08-25-2004 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: evo

Originally posted by drfritz
If the you can still get the evolution conversion kit, then thats the way to go. I did that and put the mugan real up rights on the car, the thing is a dream to drive. tower still has them in stock tower part number LXEZV2
Doc, Yeah, I can't wait until my RRR uprights come in. I hear theres a prob with them. But I'm determined to make them work.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: RRR

Originally posted by GUINT1
Whats up: Adlawoo

How did you do at the race?

Ive been driving alot of 1/8 scale. So now there is a race this weekend in CT for 1/8 and 1/10. The guys who i thought was my friends dont want me to race 1/10. You know why?
I dont want to say yet. But you know the deal. I will keep you posted.

I FEEL BIG THINGS ARE ABOUT TO HAPPEN WIT THIS RRR
Did good...but not really very good that I took home 1st place. But very happy of the outcome.

Well...you know why - after all the bashing of this and that - the Kyosho Boyz are here!!!!
Old 08-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

And here is the pic of the 705 kit along with the URL.

http://www.ingracing.com/ing/web/Eng...conversion.htm
Yes, the R & RR are the exact same chasis, wihtte Evo chasis being a bit wider.

The chief difference between the R & the RR is the clutch bell/centax clutch upgrade. The RR also has the option of loating rear mounts to use with a Lola body, although I still use it with a TC body [cut/shaved the side supports to keep them from poking throught he shell in on those occassional "got bumped into the wall" instances LOL].

You can convert the S and the R to have the same floating rear suspension, but get ready for an expensive "ride" [pun intended].!
Old 08-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Tech Addict

Default KD

Your stuff is on the way [don't tell the coppers what the stuff is on they come after you for..uh..ah...speed!]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.