Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 03:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Manticore
i will show you my conversion kit !! dont worry !
Another one for your collection !
Old 04-03-2004, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

I have the Evo and the FW-05. The 05 handled better than the Evo straight out of the box where i have spent a gazillion dollars getting the Evo to handle anything acceptable
Old 04-03-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
Another one for your collection !
hmmm i anticipate great improvement for RRR over previous versions!
Old 04-03-2004, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ziggy12345
I have the Evo and the FW-05. The 05 handled better than the Evo straight out of the box where i have spent a gazillion dollars getting the Evo to handle anything acceptable
i agree that, the EVO has very little improvement over RR only.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by ziggy12345
That is so weird. I am in the same position as you yet I have the total opposite to say. My Evolution was twice as fast as my FW ever was straight out of the box. I have spent so much money on the FW that I have no choice but to find a set up that makes the car work. So far the only good things I have to say about the FW is that it's easy to clean and has tons of acceleration. I have yet to say any more.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:05 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

maybe it is just the difference in driving style
Old 04-04-2004, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

What is the benfit of having an Mugen rear?? I have an Evo, and i am wondering about doing the M1RR conversion. Does it provide more rear grip? more steering?

And, what Mugen parts do i need for the conversion?

Thank you.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Finken
What is the benfit of having an Mugen rear?? I have an Evo, and i am wondering about doing the M1RR conversion. Does it provide more rear grip? more steering?

And, what Mugen parts do i need for the conversion?

Thank you.
the original rear hub is not steep enough to provide more camber change for the Vone. This limit the Vone from better and faster cornering.

with the mugen hub, you could set steeper camber link to get more camber change on corners. i.e. faster and more agile cornering.

i dont have the part number.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

The steeper rear link will give you a higher roll centre nearer the C of G so will roll less and therfore more grip at the rear.

Cheers
Old 04-04-2004, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

the original rear hub is not steep enough to provide more camber change for the Vone. This limit the Vone from better and faster cornering.
But is this nesecary on the Evo? It has good steering, hasnt it?
Old 04-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Manticore is right. The biggest weakness with the V1R is the rear end. It was designed when nitros were running a lot on rubbers and works very well with rubber tires. When the foams came on line they widened the rear hubs and layed over the shocks but this is really a patch not a proper solution.

You need a lot of camber change in the rear end of the nitro cars when using foams and going quickly. In the older cars (MTX2 and V1R) you have to use up to 5 degrees rear camber to make it work well. Unfortunately you lose a lot of forward bite doing this.

Another benefit is a higher roll centre which makes the car rotate faster in corners and also square up much better on throttle. Quite a few people were using modified very stiff rear swaybars to try and accomplish this same effect.
Old 04-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Manticore is right. The biggest weakness with the V1R is the rear end. It was designed when nitros were running a lot on rubbers and works very well with rubber tires. When the foams came on line they widened the rear hubs and layed over the shocks but this is really a patch not a proper solution.

You need a lot of camber change in the rear end of the nitro cars when using foams and going quickly. In the older cars (MTX2 and V1R) you have to use up to 5 degrees rear camber to make it work well. Unfortunately you lose a lot of forward bite doing this.

Another benefit is a higher roll centre which makes the car rotate faster in corners and also square up much better on throttle. Quite a few people were using modified very stiff rear swaybars to try and accomplish this same effect.
besides, the original upright is too soft and will flex big time.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Well I finally got to run the evo, even with the problem with the rear I found the car to be a very big improvement over the vone rr. I got those mugan rear up rights but I found the the stock pivot balls and jam nuts from my evo would not work thus I ran the old style ones. Need part numbers for the:
pivot balls
pivot ball nuts.
I would like to run the evo axlies but need to find the right size bearing for the outer half of the carrer.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by drfritz
Well I finally got to run the evo, even with the problem with the rear I found the car to be a very big improvement over the vone rr. I got those mugan rear up rights but I found the the stock pivot balls and jam nuts from my evo would not work thus I ran the old style ones. Need part numbers for the:
pivot balls
pivot ball nuts.
I would like to run the evo axlies but need to find the right size bearing for the outer half of the carrer.
you also need mugen rear axle, VoneR rear dog bone, bearings for mugen hubs as well
Old 04-05-2004, 11:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Can't Find Second Gear

Today was my first day at the track with the New Evo and the STS D3, but for all that new found power, which the sts D3 is one hell of a bang for the buc motor. I couldn't deal in sec gear. I went so far as to back both adjusts a full seven turns out, and nothing, Engine temp is a cool 220..can any point out what if anything would correct the problem?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.