Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally posted by Bounty Hunter
Well that depends on what body you are using. If you are running a sedan body then yes. However that statement would be untrue if you are using a much higher down force body such as a Lola VDS.

What drugs are you on and where can I get some?

Body shape has absolutly no affect on weight transfer. The physics doesnt change.

Yes the car will have a different spread of tyre to road preasure with a higher downforce body. But That just proves to illustrate how wrong you are.

Why do we all want to use the higher downforce bodies? To get more traction. Using Downforce as a tuning aide is effectively choosing when and where on the track we "add weight" to the car. Higher downforce at the front gives more turn at speed. Higher downforce at the rear helps the rear end stick to the track at the hightr speed. Exactly the same way adding weight to either end of the chassis, without the downside of increrased weight at low speed.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sparksy
What drugs are you on and where can I get some?

Body shape has absolutly no affect on weight transfer. The physics doesnt change.

Yes the car will have a different spread of tyre to road preasure with a higher downforce body. But That just proves to illustrate how wrong you are.

Why do we all want to use the higher downforce bodies? To get more traction. Using Downforce as a tuning aide is effectively choosing when and where on the track we "add weight" to the car. Higher downforce at the front gives more turn at speed. Higher downforce at the rear helps the rear end stick to the track at the hightr speed. Exactly the same way adding weight to either end of the chassis, without the downside of increrased weight at low speed.
I have a downforce question sparksy. I jumped off my roof with a VDS body strapped to my head and I still hit the ground. What did I do wrong?
Old 02-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AMGRacer
I have a downforce question sparksy. I jumped off my roof with a VDS body strapped to my head and I still hit the ground. What did I do wrong?
Ahh... common mistake. A rather large misconseption is that a lola body will cure all points of phisics. We must remember that gravity is still unkind to us fat bastards. However, if you strapped it to your arse it might have softened the fall.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Ahh... common mistake. A rather large misconseption is that a lola body will cure all points of phisics. We must remember that gravity is still unkind to us fat bastards. However, if you strapped it to your arse it might have softened the fall.
I was hoping that the $10.50 that I taped to my forehead would have raised my CG and increased lift. Did not work. Also all the change fell off when I landed.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Next time you could try using your FlyBuys card.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Next time you could try using your FlyBuys card.
You so fonny. Hey you know what, the HPI is not too damn bad at all! I will call you later on.............
Old 02-02-2004, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
How does a Lola VDS alter the dynamic weight transfer physics involved?
I dont mean to say that the weight transfer characteristics change with a Lola body. I was trying to add my 2 cents (sometimes its worth nothing), to try and answer the question. In my opinion I believe that extra added weight in the front of the car will give you more momentum on the on set of a turn. The Lola body would facilitate more downforce on the body in general. So if you have your setup right, and this is dependent on a whole bunch of other factors. Now if my analysis is interpreted as more "steering" than so be it. If it is not, then it is for everyone to find out for themselves.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

Nice theory so I thought I would test it. Added weight to the front and guess what! More steering!

Theory is one thing but driving is everything!

I should read less and drive more
Old 02-03-2004, 02:45 AM
Tech Elite

I dont mean to say that the weight transfer characteristics change with a Lola body. I was trying to add my 2 cents (sometimes its worth nothing), to try and answer the question. In my opinion I believe that extra added weight in the front of the car will give you more momentum on the on set of a turn. The Lola body would facilitate more downforce on the body in general. So if you have your setup right, and this is dependent on a whole bunch of other factors. Now if my analysis is interpreted as more "steering" than so be it. If it is not, then it is for everyone to find out for themselves.
Well actually you did say there was a reversal of affect depending on which body was used, but, hey.
I'm not sure where you're going with the momentum thing or what exactly constitutes "the on set of a turn".

My basic point was that increasing weight on the front = more steering, no matter what body you are running.
Certainly, using a Lola body provides more downforce and therefore more grip, but it shouldn't be confused with the weight transfer that will take place independant of that Lola downforce. It's just physics.

. . . and Manti is such a big physics fan.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AMGRacer

Geeeeez . . . you were using them HC diaphrams, I trust.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:54 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

.................... However, if you strapped it to your arse it might have softened the fall.
With that VDS handle sticking out of the shell.......I think I'd rather have it strapped to my head!!!
Old 02-03-2004, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Well actually you did say there was a reversal of affect depending on which body was used, but, hey.
I'm not sure where you're going with the momentum thing or what exactly constitutes "the on set of a turn".

My basic point was that increasing weight on the front = more steering, no matter what body you are running.
Certainly, using a Lola body provides more downforce and therefore more grip, but it shouldn't be confused with the weight transfer that will take place independant of that Lola downforce. It's just physics.

. . . and Manti is such a big physics fan.
Sorry about that! Sometimes what I type and what I mean end up being two different things!
Old 02-04-2004, 02:54 AM
Tech Elite

Sorry about that! Sometimes what I type and what I mean end up being two different things!
Hey, it's cool.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

At the Victorian Titles last week, Michael Cantanzariti had a slight PROBLEM with his EVO . . . . .

Old 02-04-2004, 03:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Things needed to finish

Questions:
1)is the wt of the plastic gears lighter than the hardened alum pulley setup.
2) Floating RR rear body post setup vs the R rear shock set, which is better to work with the evo
3) Lastly who makes/where can I get this new rear sway bar I've seen on the forum "looks like a mugen rear sway bay"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.