Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 09:33 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

I'm building my RR kit which comes with the SP belts. I noticed that they are a lot softer and a LOT less friction compared to the R belts. Don't know how long they last..... but who cares!!!!
Old 12-17-2001, 06:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm
I'm building my RR kit which comes with the SP belts. I noticed that they are a lot softer and a LOT less friction compared to the R belts. Don't know how long they last..... but who cares!!!!
besides the belt is softer, the "teeth" is a bit thinner then the standard one. the pulley looks identical to the V1R pulley but the new pulley has harder material thus less drag.
Old 12-17-2001, 06:21 AM
Tech Champion

Got the conversion pack last week. I am not sure if kyosho offers this pack but I am quite sure that the local shop bundle this pack and sell it locally. It includes special belts and pulley. front wider bumper, front "handshake" sway bar set, rear body mount and shock tower.

As for the rear body mount and shock tower, I dont really like that idea as the setup looks fragile when compare to the 1/8 floating rear mount. I would rather keep the stand rear shock mount consider that the conversion pack is really cheap !
Old 12-17-2001, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Manticore
Got the conversion pack last week. I am not sure if kyosho offers this pack but I am quite sure that the local shop bundle this pack and sell it locally. It includes special belts and pulley. front wider bumper, front "handshake" sway bar set, rear body mount and shock tower.

As for the rear body mount and shock tower, I dont really like that idea as the setup looks fragile when compare to the 1/8 floating rear mount. I would rather keep the stand rear shock mount consider that the conversion pack is really cheap !
how cheap would that be?

my friend just got for me a 5 port for HKD1320....... cant wait to see that baby.
it seems that this engine is not as popular as the RS12T which is sold out everywhere when its first released.
Old 12-17-2001, 06:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by hurhur

how cheap would that be?

my friend just got for me a 5 port for HKD1320....... cant wait to see that baby.
it seems that this engine is not as popular as the RS12T which is sold out everywhere when its first released.
the whole conversion pack is less then the price of a set of MTX2 front sway bar kit!
Old 12-17-2001, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

the whole conversion pack is less then the price of a set of MTX2 front sway bar kit!
wah! thats real cheap....where did u get it from, Manti?
Old 12-17-2001, 06:47 AM
Tech Champion

wah! thats real cheap....where did u get it from, Manti?
from chiu's shop ! I suppose you know who he is !
Old 12-17-2001, 07:09 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

besides the belt is softer, the "teeth" is a bit thinner then the standard one. the pulley looks identical to the V1R pulley but the new pulley has harder material thus less drag.
I was wondering what the extra 'B' was for in the new Part number! I couldn't measure any difference in the size! Does that mean I can still use the Kawa brake holder and pulley assembly?
Old 12-17-2001, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

from chiu's shop ! I suppose you know who he is !
eh nope....wats his shop name? u mean he packed those goodies and put them on sale?
Old 12-17-2001, 07:13 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Did it also come with the new rear dogbone and cups. The cups are about 1.5mm longer so you need a spacer behind the wheel hex. The wheelbase is extended by about 3mm in the back. I didn't find that out til I built it last night!
Old 12-17-2001, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

I was wondering what the extra 'B' was for in the new Part number! I couldn't measure any difference in the size! Does that mean I can still use the Kawa brake holder and pulley assembly?
i have compared the pulley too. they are identical except the new pulley has harder material which will provide less drag. Performance closes to alloy pulley !

Yes the kawahara brake holder/pulley still applies !
Old 12-17-2001, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

Did it also come with the new rear dogbone and cups. The cups are about 1.5mm longer so you need a spacer behind the wheel hex. The wheelbase is extended by about 3mm in the back. I didn't find that out til I built it last night!
It doesnt include in the kit but I have the extended outdrive long time ago !
Old 12-17-2001, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

eh nope....wats his shop name? u mean he packed those goodies and put them on sale?
the model shop name is "international model"
Old 12-17-2001, 04:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Manticore how much is the rr again.... $2000?
Old 12-17-2001, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by kyosho
Manticore how much is the rr again.... $2000?
a bit less then 2000

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.