Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Sooo . . . . who's doing Evo testing this weekend?

We plan on running at Lilydale on Sunday, but rain is forecast.
Not me I don't have one......................yet
Old 08-22-2003, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Manticore YGM
Old 08-22-2003, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Just not too sure how long the puny servo can last though
I've been running a Futaba S3003 ($25) servo on my throttle now for nearly 2 years in my VoneS....not a drop of trouble
Old 08-23-2003, 04:10 AM
Tech Addict

My Evo's basically finished except for the radio gear, gotta leave that in the V-One S for next weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho VoneR Thread-evo.jpg  
Old 08-23-2003, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Just back from track. Definitely one of the best game of my history. The EVO was like running on the rail and very forgiving. No need to modify to M1RR to make it turn. Basically wonderful for stock set-up.

Too tired to type any more. I think this babe will be staying in my home for quite a while.
Old 08-23-2003, 09:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys, anyone had problems with the rear differentials for the evo? I changed the screws to 3mm but its still leaking. Anyone have a better idea? Tks.
Old 08-23-2003, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by mfred
Hi guys, anyone had problems with the rear differentials for the evo? I changed the screws to 3mm but its still leaking. Anyone have a better idea? Tks.
you put too much diff oil in there !
Old 08-23-2003, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

V-One S Racer are u really gonna run an OS at Lilydale?! That is surley a JP & Rody track! I know it frustrated the Hell out of JC when he ran his OS there. Pretty much finished building my EVO and it weighs about 1750g with the kit tyres and conversion kit on. I have one question though why in gods name are the stock tyres the same diameter shouldn't they have a 4mm split?! Seems crazy to me.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

who is VoneSRacer?
Old 08-24-2003, 12:22 AM
Tech Regular

I would just like to say anyone getting an EVO i would really reccomend you get a AAA Rx becuase i tried to use my Sub C cell hump pack and it didn't fit and it had no chance of fitting in. So i got a AAA pack and it fit like a glove so i certainly think that it was designed for a AAA Rx. But i'm not sure about claims that it was 50% lighter tho. I weighed em both and the Sub C cell was 92g and the AAA was 60. Just my thoughts
Old 08-24-2003, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mfred
As Manticore said, it sounds like too much oil. Also, you might use some gasket goo on the housing.
Old 08-24-2003, 06:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
As Manticore said, it sounds like too much oil. Also, you might use some gasket goo on the housing.
Old 08-24-2003, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Dexter
I would just like to say anyone getting an EVO i would really reccomend you get a AAA Rx becuase i tried to use my Sub C cell hump pack and it didn't fit and it had no chance of fitting in. So i got a AAA pack and it fit like a glove so i certainly think that it was designed for a AAA Rx. But i'm not sure about claims that it was 50% lighter tho. I weighed em both and the Sub C cell was 92g and the AAA was 60. Just my thoughts
That is wierd my Venom 1100mah hump pack fitted in with no problems. How did you get the AAA pack to fit in, mine has to be taped into position?

My hump pack is 97g and my AAA pack is 52g so that is a 47% weight saving!!
Old 08-24-2003, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Talking Evo - get ready

Just back from vacation - Perth Australia. Visited Hobby Center in Perth. Just have a look what they have there. This is a time to start building my V1RR evo conversion kits... I will joint u all later..
Old 08-24-2003, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Diva
Just back from track. Definitely one of the best game of my history. The EVO was like running on the rail and very forgiving. No need to modify to M1RR to make it turn. Basically wonderful for stock set-up.

Too tired to type any more. I think this babe will be staying in my home for quite a while.
I agree Diva!! I did some more testing on the weekend (racing is rained out )

Used the 35 shore rear and front and it worked great! I was a little surprised since my old car hated tires that soft. Rear wear was brutal tho, not very balanced.

I am still amazed at the corner speed of the car. It feels like an electric car the way it transitions and it holds corner speed in a nice fluid arc rather than the front and rear fighting like the old car felt. I actually am using 8 degrees caster and the thing turns in incredible!

The more I run it the more you can push it and it just responds. When it stops raining I might actually get to run a race meet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.