Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Well gents it is official, this car is NOT a V1RR with a few tweaks.

It handles in a very different way to the old V1RR, I dont have my head around it yet.

My "fast" tire, spring and body combo at my usual testing track was way wrong and I did not bring my tire collection to start from the drawing board. Much more testing required!!
Old 08-10-2003, 02:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well AMGRacer I'll second that motion. I screwed my chances at a decent result at the QLD titles. The car needs alot of setup to be done. And then of course we have the guru's from TKA tell you how to set the car up. The funny thing is that they had not even seen the kit until I showed up on Friday with it.
Old 08-10-2003, 03:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Default I NEED HELP

Everyone...please HELP...I'm a couple days away from buying this v-one r....guy said something about rear oil? something about 1000wt? or 15,000 anybody know what i'm talkin about?...He hasn't ran it in a awhile and said it might need to be rebuilt...can anybody help????????????? PLEASE..and could someone tell me any other major things i need to know about the v-one r before my first run....Also...it comes with a o.s cv .12 engine...is that engine pretty quick? I never had a cv series nor a v-one r so i don't know how the combo will match....1 more thing...i found this novamega engine something about a nova mega SX12 3Port RE race turbo MS....is this a Great engine to get my v-one r up to speed...i'm a street racer...I race my friends with nitro tc3's and hpi nitro rs4 racer Edition and stuff...So i'm looking for great speed...PLEASE EMAIL ME BACK ASAP

Email address is [email protected]

Thank You
Old 08-10-2003, 03:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by AMGRacer

It handles in a very different way to the old V1RR, I dont have my head around it yet.

My "fast" tire, spring and body combo at my usual testing track was way wrong and I did not bring my tire collection to start from the drawing board. Much more testing required!!
AMG

what is your tyre choice to start with, in my mind i would run 42 all around to start but if it is similar to MTX3 then 40f the best bet?
Old 08-10-2003, 03:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by finchy
Well AMGRacer I'll second that motion. I screwed my chances at a decent result at the QLD titles. The car needs alot of setup to be done. And then of course we have the guru's from TKA tell you how to set the car up. The funny thing is that they had not even seen the kit until I showed up on Friday with it.
finchy

what is the traction like, and what is your tyre choice? did you use TCD or solid diff? Thanks in advance

TL
Old 08-10-2003, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Servos are toast

Oh yeah and my crankshaft on my Rody is bent too. Good weekend
Geeez, how did you bend it?
The only consolation is, that if these things come in three's, then you've had your quota.
Old 08-10-2003, 06:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Did you experience some bad slipping at the back end?

I tried mine this Saturday, and the back end spin everytime entering some high speed corner if I enter off throttle.

I've run 40F 42R tire, and have tried different spring that I have and also different shock position at the back, but still no luck.

Did any one of you guys with RR evo have the same experience?
Old 08-10-2003, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by albertlam
Did you experience some bad slipping at the back end?

I tried mine this Saturday, and the back end spin everytime entering some high speed corner if I enter off throttle.

I've run 40F 42R tire, and have tried different spring that I have and also different shock position at the back, but still no luck.

Did any one of you guys with RR evo have the same experience?
Firstly, limit the rear droop and try 42F or 40R.
Old 08-10-2003, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Eagerly awaiting your test results. We didn't race this weekend, but don't want to look too stupid next Sunday.

Any comments on the .8M gears?
Old 08-10-2003, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tl2111
finchy

what is the traction like, and what is your tyre choice? did you use TCD or solid diff? Thanks in advance

TL
tommy did you get your evo R yet? ....when can i expect a write up?

TB

ps: see you at moorebank
Old 08-10-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Oh yeah correction about the one-way it's the left side that has that weird grinding noise and switch everything whenever i spin my left tire the right one doesn't move, but it works vice versa.

So manti u think it's shifting too early? imma check hehehe.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by NitroNut
Oh yeah correction about the one-way it's the left side that has that weird grinding noise and switch everything whenever i spin my left tire the right one doesn't move, but it works vice versa.

So manti u think it's shifting too early? imma check hehehe.
check your knuckle bearings
Old 08-10-2003, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

tl2111 traction was great used 40r and 42f fast tires. I used just the standard diff but I think you'll find a TCD or Soilid diff would be helpful in the conditions experienced on the weekend.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tl2111
AMG

what is your tyre choice to start with, in my mind i would run 42 all around to start but if it is similar to MTX3 then 40f the best bet?
I think so. With the old RR I resorted to lower front shore to rear shore (similar to the old MTX2) to get better steering. I think the EVO addresses this imbalance so I will likely use 42-40 to start with.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

AMGRacer tommorow is another test day. Will post some results when I have a chance. But I definatly will be trying 42's all round. And maybe even softer springs. Will keep you posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.