Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 03:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by AMGRacer
When you can win back to back A Mains I will listen to your car building and tuning advice Until then I like my MTX3 rear uprights, now more than I thought I did

Funny part is if Kawahara made them you guys would be dribbling all over pictures of them. If they are from another car everybody thinks I am wierd
i dont see you winning at all at brendale from what i see, i think the only top driver is a mugen driver

jeremy

if you think that you are so good how come you didnt compete in the state titles.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by finchy
How come you didn't come and dominate yesterday damo and jeremy, I would of thought with Rick being up from Sydeny you would of be out there to impress him with your flawless driving. Well there is always next time.

Graeme

like i said if i was made out of money like some i would have been there!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2003, 04:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Made out of money like some. Jeremy I think it's called having a job not a goverment handout.

Graeme
Old 05-19-2003, 04:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

AMGracer thanks for the reply. I think I'll do the same as you. Os purchasing seems to be the go. Hey by the way don't think it's weird having parts from other cars on the RR think of it as having an advantage, using your head to solve a tuning problem. I've heard stories at the 2001 worlds in Sydney that a certain Fantom driver tried out Serpent front hub carriers to see what it would be like and in fact ran some of his heats with them. Innovation is not wierd it's think outside the square.

Graeme
Old 05-19-2003, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

AMGracer thanks for the reply. I think I'll do the same as you. Os purchasing seems to be the go. Hey by the way don't think it's weird having parts from other cars on the RR think of it as having an advantage, using your head to solve a tuning problem. I've heard stories at the 2001 worlds in Sydney that a certain Fantom driver tried out Serpent front hub carriers to see what it would be like and in fact ran some of his heats with them. Innovation is not wierd it's think outside the square.

Graeme
Also at the 2001 worlds I know of some Fantom guys were using Mugen clutches since they were and I still think are the best clutch out there. If the Kyosho 4d can prove itself I might go back to the Kyosho clutch..................
Old 05-19-2003, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rrgt_kid
i dont see you winning at all at brendale from what i see, i think the only top driver is a mugen driver

jeremy

if you think that you are so good how come you didnt compete in the state titles.
You are not winning at Brendale OR Wynnum either. What is your point?

I have been posting about my victories to give the Kyosho people some encouragement that this car is still good and relevant, and to also offer some technical advice about a car I know well. Why are you posting here?
Old 05-19-2003, 02:32 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

You are not winning at Brendale OR Wynnum either. What is your point?

I have been posting about my victories to give the Kyosho people some encouragement that this car is still good and relevant, and to also offer some technical advice about a car I know well. Why are you posting here?
Dont worry about what these people have to say AMG a LOT of people are greatfull for your advice and knowledge on the developments of the Kyosho and if it wasn't for you and Manti we all may be racing mini-z People need help on line like you guys.
Keep it up
Ps Do you know if the new Evo will have this 4D clutch? I presume it will be pretty much the same as Mugen clutch.
Old 05-19-2003, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TBR
Dont worry about what these people have to say AMG a LOT of people are greatfull for your advice and knowledge on the developments of the Kyosho and if it wasn't for you and Manti we all may be racing mini-z People need help on line like you guys.
Keep it up
Ps Do you know if the new Evo will have this 4D clutch? I presume it will be pretty much the same as Mugen clutch.
Thanks for the kind words

According to my information the EVO will have the 4D clutch. The 3D clutch designed for the V1RR is almost identical in design to the mugen item but is let down by a weak stock spring and not very good clutch material. If the 4D clutch comes with the optional heavy spring and better clutch material then there is no reason why it will not be great. If it is the same as the 3D with an extra flyweight then it will require some hopups.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

If it is the same as the 3D with an extra flyweight then it will require some hopups. [/B]
What mods are you doing to the current 3D clutch to make it better?
Old 05-19-2003, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rskoncepts
What mods are you doing to the current 3D clutch to make it better?
To make it as good as the stock Mugen clutch you need to use the Kyosho optional "hard" spring and the Kyosho red clutch pads. If you do that it should be just as good. Well I could not tell the difference anyway. However I have not endurance tested the 3D back to back with the Mugen clutch. My Mugen clutch is almost 2 years old on the same thrust bearing and soft shoes
Old 05-19-2003, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

jeremy

Winning is not only the issue... here. For me as beginner, AMG/manti and other Kyosho fan is our mentor for advice. The objective is to get the most performance and fun with our kits. Correct setup, good tuning and good understanding of our car behaviour is an enjoyment. I'm honour once AMG / Manti and other experience forum friend give an advice.

Winning can be just of luck!
Old 05-19-2003, 10:21 PM
Tech Champion

jeremy

participation and correct attitude is all you need for a race. winning is not everything.

AMGracer is da man. he is telling everybody here that the V1RR is still very competitive comparing to the MTX3. he did it and proved it. AMGracer is not a sponsored driver, i dont see any problem for him to adopt mugen parts on kyosho car. We are the CONSUMERs.
Old 05-20-2003, 12:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

AMGracer could you please tell me what clutch spring would be better for the 3D Kyosho clutch. I'm running the power clutch and it's at the standard 2mm setting and I think it could go tighter. Would I be better of in your opion to get the optional spring for the clutch or a spring that is slightly hard from another clutch say Mugen or Serpent.

Graeme
Old 05-20-2003, 12:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

For the life of me I can't understand why everybody is writing off VoneRR's...and VoneR's...

What is wrong with them.......nothing

Sure the MTX3 is a nice car, perhaps out of the box the MUGEN set up may be superior to the Kyosho set up..

I'd like to know how many people (and lets be honest here) think that they've managed to get their cars tuned and perfoming to their (the car's) full potential...WITHOUT the Mugen uprights etc etc, not that there's anything wrong with experimenting with parts from other cars!

At a recent club meeting (and Taylor Racing will verify this) I had a VoneS with the kit engine (yes, the GS15R) with the suspension off my VoneRR running around at the same pace (within .2sec a lap) as the MTX3's which were driven by Victoria's finest...and these MTX3's were mostly JP, Rody and Pixi powered.

My point is these cars are designed on a computer, roll centers and suspension geometry have more than likely already been optimised , or at the very least a very good compromise has been made!

We should all get together and strive to make the Kyosho cars faster by sharing our experiences etc etc, and it's thanks to all the guys who post on these forums that we get to learn about our cars and enjoy our racing the way we do.

just my 2c worth !

Luis
Old 05-20-2003, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

AMGracer could you please tell me what clutch spring would be better for the 3D Kyosho clutch. I'm running the power clutch and it's at the standard 2mm setting and I think it could go tighter. Would I be better of in your opion to get the optional spring for the clutch or a spring that is slightly hard from another clutch say Mugen or Serpent.

Graeme
Graeme I used the Kyosho Hard spring for the 3D clutch (FMW16). The problem with the standard spring is that you have to wind it so far in (more than 2mm) to get any really strong punch that the spring is seriously pre-loaded and therefore the punch is lost because the coils start touching. Using a stiffer spring means you dont have to pre-load it so much for the same punch and the coils dont touch.

Keep the endfloat tight as well, around 0.3mm works best for me for some reason.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.