Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 01:58 AM
Tech Regular

ok im going to go now!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2003, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by patelladragger
Early adopter! I might have more $$$ than sense like the old folks say (just love the hobby).
Well, yeah, OK . . but I needed to be polite about it, ya see.

The sirio is very quick but the carb is a crapshoot. Some are bad out of the box. I had a friend who had a bad carb in one and mine had a bad o-ring in the low-speed so it would not hold setting. The motor (my opinion) has better top-end than mr12 but not quite as much punch. Don't know anyone that has 3-4 gallons through one though that can report on reliability.
Thanks, that's kind of of what I expected. I wonder if the carb issues are fixed. I have a spare Nova carb. Sirio's are not very common around these parts, though one of the locals seems to have his going sufficiently well. And by sufficiently well, I mean better than a MR12. Unfortunately, what used to be regarded as a "standard" engine doesn't really seem to cut it, even at club events, these days.
Is your Sirio the ABC or the AAC one? Apparently the AAC one has a crank flute and whatever else. I presume this version would have a little more poke.
My fundamental reasoning for this engine is that it has some top end that the OS TR lacks and the price is reasonable - also the rebuild costs are cheap enough, unlike a Nova based engine. With maybe a visit from Dr Dremel, it might just make the grade on most counts.

I have seen some people really blistering with the pixie now that they're getting more gas in them though. I'd go with the pixie if I had a choice - especially since the price has dropped. It's heavy, but you will see it's built very well. I don't know how it would do as a backup motor though it needs a lot of gas in it before it starts really waking up.
Yes, these Pixies . . . We have a few of them down here. When I first saw them they looked like the business . . they really do screeeeeam. They also seem to need gearing down in order to be able to use that top end. Some had fuel delivery problems and some had issues running in hot weather, so I went off them, somewhat. More recently, they have apparently decided that these issues were fuel related, but I remain sceptical on that one.
I understand they use a lager diameter crank and this contributes to their strength, no doubt. Their effective life span looks good also - certainly, they have held together very well down here - not something we can say about the Nova S3's.
Yeah, they are heavy . . . but hey, it's going into a V-One-R. We need that extra ground hugging weight, unlike those paranoid anorexic MTX-3 folks.

Oooops, forgot . . . . present company excepted, of course.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tl2111
Hey Mr Taylor

I have a RB Rody 215 AARCMCC legal motor for sale, only used in NSW Title recently, less then one hrs run on it, heaps of power.

TL
Hi tl2111,

Yep, the Rody's look good.
I think I saw your ad. . . . so, why are you selling it?
In fact there are a few for sale up your way.

One of my Mexican friends took his spanky new Rody to the NSW Titles and broke a crank and a rod in two separate incidents.
He was errr . . . Not happy, Jan.
Another had mucho trouble with a seemingly faulty carb.

Given the number of cranks I've also seen let go in Nova S3's, I have kinda lumped them all into the same basket and decided that they're all a bit close to the bleeding edge and maybe overextendending the hardware that's trying to contain them.
I may be wrong here. Thoughts . . ?

Maybe we should wait for this Richey " production" engine ? ?
Old 05-07-2003, 02:35 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

Originally posted by finchy
Use the initails you'll figure it out J.N ( mr mugen).

Graeme
You mean J.K!!

Check your P.M!!
I have stories
Old 05-07-2003, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Can a .21 engine fit into a v1rr? If yes, which engine is this.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Probably not. It's kind of a tight fit with just a .12
Old 05-07-2003, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Default v one r

Hey guys I have a v one r and I just want to know if there is a good setup for two diff setup. I'm currently having problem with off power push. It won't roll around the corner. What other spring should I buy and is the one way and traction control diff a good investment.

Thanks,
E-volo
Old 05-07-2003, 07:48 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

Default Re: v one r

Originally posted by E-volo
Hey guys I have a v one r and I just want to know if there is a good setup for two diff setup. I'm currently having problem with off power push. It won't roll around the corner. What other spring should I buy and is the one way and traction control diff a good investment.

Thanks,
E-volo
Maybe try a front diff of 7000 and rear diff of 2000 that will give you some slight diff locking but also allow the car to roll around the corner. What springs do you have? gold F/R is a nice balanced set-up with also the rear gold swaybar.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Default V one r

I'm still running the stock black spring and stock diff setup. Whith that 7000 in front and 2000 in back will I still be able to power out of the corner or will there be too much sterring out of corners. I already have alot of on power sterring.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:17 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

Default Re: V one r

I'm still running the stock black spring and stock diff setup. Whith that 7000 in front and 2000 in back will I still be able to power out of the corner or will there be too much sterring out of corners. I already have alot of on power sterring.
I have run this set-up and have noticed that I can power out of the corners but must say I have not noticed if there is too much steering if any thing I probably need a bit more but thats something I need to sort out with my expotnetials etc on the radio controller.
I must say I have had this set-up and also have had a slight off power push also but not as bad as with a hard f/r diff oil combo. Do you have the front shocks layed over as much as possible?I am now trying the front one-way with a a harder diff setting to see if this makes any difference.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default V one RR Evolution!

Who has there eye on the new V 1 RR Evolution ? ?

i think its going to rock! ill be definately getting one when its released.... anyone got a rumoured release date ? or any pics apart from the cad drawing ?
Old 05-07-2003, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah I try the new setup thanks for you reply. Yeah I run about two mm higher in the rear and I have the front shock on the lowerest hole on the tower. For the rear I use the outer hole on the tower. On mine it seems like the rear shock is too long because I still have alot of rear ride height even with the shock collar adjusted all the way up. I don't know why. I think I will get a one way eventually. I want to run one way up front and traction control diff in the rear or maybe thick oil in the rear. One way up front and tc diff in the rear might be too much. The reason I say that I want the one way is that I'm use to driving electric cars with one way. Tell me how the one way works for you?

Thanks
Old 05-07-2003, 08:32 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

Default Re: V one RR Evolution!

Originally posted by mitch179
Who has there eye on the new V 1 RR Evolution ? ?

i think its going to rock! ill be definately getting one when its released.... anyone got a rumoured release date ? or any pics apart from the cad drawing ?

November 24th 2003

Thats my guess. I will start the rumour there any advances on that?
Old 05-07-2003, 08:37 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

On mine it seems like the rear shock is too long because I still have alot of rear ride height even with the shock collar adjusted all the way up. I don't know why......
If you have the different sway bars you probably would have got the different size ball ends try the shorter one of those, that will give you a smaller shock and allow you to have the shock collar adjusted lower. Or you could move the shock position to the lower hole. But this will also change the angle of the shock.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Hi tl2111,

Yep, the Rody's look good.
I think I saw your ad. . . . so, why are you selling it?
In fact there are a few for sale up your way.

One of my Mexican friends took his spanky new Rody to the NSW Titles and broke a crank and a rod in two separate incidents.
He was errr . . . Not happy, Jan.
Another had mucho trouble with a seemingly faulty carb.

Given the number of cranks I've also seen let go in Nova S3's, I have kinda lumped them all into the same basket and decided that they're all a bit close to the bleeding edge and maybe overextendending the hardware that's trying to contain them.
I may be wrong here. Thoughts . . ?

Maybe we should wait for this Richey " production" engine ? ?
At NSW title I think there is about 20 odd Rody used in mix of V1R, MTX3 and TC3 honestly I haven't seen anyone engine blown
except KICKASS blown the rod in his Collari picco on the main straight. I think his engine is the quickest on the track.

Well sorry to hear that your mexican friend story btw who is this unluck guy. I know is not ROB since he is running the rody in the final with a broken suspension so he can blown the engine

but the truth is Rody is really on par with the new JP S3, and the reason I want sell the motor is because I'm waiting the Collari modified Sirio. This thing apparently has the power and runtime of about 7-8 mins can't wait to get my hands it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.