Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho VoneR Thread >

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 01:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Don't know about logan heard there are some real cowboys out there. Heard they us the car in front of them for brakes. Talk to Charlie and Nigel about Meikin park they have raced there a few times. They said it was ok but they have access to spare parts and very competetive prices ( free or very low $ value ).

Graeme

Old 04-30-2003, 01:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Do they break that easily. I think I'll just get the GPM one it's delrin and aluminium, might work out cheaper in the long run. The only issue would be the addded weight but I don't think it would be to much extra weight.

Graeme

Old 04-30-2003, 01:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by finchy
Do they break that easily. I think I'll just get the GPM one it's delrin and aluminium, might work out cheaper in the long run. The only issue would be the addded weight but I don't think it would be to much extra weight.

Graeme

if you go to hobby rama see if they got those aluminium turrets.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:56 AM
Tech Regular

any way gotta go talk to you l8ter!
Old 04-30-2003, 01:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

I don't think they have them but I'll check, I think I'll have to get the from overseas probaly hong kong or the us. Charlie is supposed to be tracking it down, but that could take a long time.

Graeme

Old 04-30-2003, 03:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default set up sugestions

Guys I've been give a few setup from people who do and have run in the past at brendale. The box setup seems a weird, question is do you think I should start with the box setup or try a proven setup of another drivers and adapt it to my style. It's been a long time since i've driven a belt drive car and I know you have to set them up a bit different to the other chassis I've had in the pasted. Please give me your opinons they would be much appreicated.

Graeme
Old 04-30-2003, 04:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Sparksy do you get you're RDlogics stuff in Australia or do you buy it direct. If you buy direct can you please tell me what there service is like as there a few things on their site I would like to get.

Graeme

The RDLogics stuff was a "sampler" sent to me to review. I'm not sure if you can get it here, but the online shop is very good.... and prices are excelent.

When I get back from my work trip, I'll finish the mtx3 option parts from them, a 3pk review, a serpent 835 review... and a few otherthings.

On your setup question..... box stock isnt too bad.... but the black springs are way too soft for a good sunday at brendale....
I cant remember running anything softer than gold.

It doesnt realy matter where you start.... I would use someone elses that is on pace as a starter and adjust to suit.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Cool Re: set up sugestions

Guys I've been give a few setup from people who do and have run in the past at brendale. The box setup seems a weird, question is do you think I should start with the box setup or try a proven setup of another drivers and adapt it to my style. It's been a long time since i've driven a belt drive car and I know you have to set them up a bit different to the other chassis I've had in the pasted. Please give me your opinons they would be much appreicated.

Graeme
Try your own setup frist and see how you go with that. Then try other people and see which one is the best for driving and the one you can adapt too.

Is car ready to run yet they are a lot better than the NTC3 in driving you wont know you self out there. I pick up my S3 JP next Friday.

Damo
Old 04-30-2003, 02:54 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

Default Re: set up sugestions

Graeme
Go gold gold!! in the springs its nice and easy to drive What rear diff oil you go? I hope its nice and thick!!
Old 04-30-2003, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Guys, Could you please give me some info on the 3d clutch. There are no tuning instructions with it. 1, will it work for racing a mod 12?2,can you install the white weights in diffrent location and what is the efect. 3, do you titen the hold down screw tite 4, what do you use to lube thrust bearing assembly 5, how often do you relube 6, what is thee option red shoe for 7, what is thee option hard spring for. Any help with tuning would be apreciated very much. Thanks JEFF
Old 04-30-2003, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: set up sugestions

Originally posted by TBR
Go gold gold!! in the springs its nice and easy to drive What rear diff oil you go? I hope its nice and thick!!
the track at brendale has to be very very high traction to use thick diff oil in your vone rr, your car will just oversteer something bad ive tried it and it just through me into a wall, tune your diff between 3,000 10,000.D
Old 04-30-2003, 05:11 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: set up sugestions

Originally posted by rrgt_kid
the track at brendale has to be very very high traction to use thick diff oil in your vone rr, your car will just oversteer something bad ive tried it and it just through me into a wall, tune your diff between 3,000 10,000.D
You and I must have completely different set-ups cause when going lite the back-end of the car was far too lose going harder would be better for me. But in saying that I run a front diff. Cause I like that better. I and plenty of others use 30 000+ weight in the rear on the MTX-3 and that is sweet.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by JCTC3
Guys, Could you please give me some info on the 3d clutch. There are no tuning instructions with it. 1, will it work for racing a mod 12?2,can you install the white weights in diffrent location and what is the efect. 3, do you titen the hold down screw tite 4, what do you use to lube thrust bearing assembly 5, how often do you relube 6, what is thee option red shoe for 7, what is thee option hard spring for. Any help with tuning would be apreciated very much. Thanks JEFF
1/. yes
2/. the white weights are place between the flywheel pins only
3/. yes
4/. many. asso black grease, ron paris grease, etc
5/. whenever you want
6/. longer life and higher grip
7/. better performance especially on higher traction track

check the sts engine site, it has a centax clutch setup guide which is quite useful. I am not asking you to buy their engine. I dont use them !!
Old 04-30-2003, 06:20 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Manticore
check the sts engine site, it has a centax clutch setup guide which is quite useful. I am not asking you to buy their engine. I dont use them !!
Manti,
What clutch do you use with the V one RR mugen clutch or the Kyosho??
Old 04-30-2003, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Manti, Thanks for reply. On the white clutch weights there are 3 holes each. Can you use the diffrent holes to change engagement points?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.