Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by kevink2
Wow a 3mm difference in tire splits! Doesn't that kill the belts?

Regarding springs, I was using the golds in the front at KZ (big track) and blacks at Revelation. Golds all around bounced quite bit, even with heavy shock oil, so I went back to blacks with 60 wt in front and 40 in rear. Car was much easier to drive with blacks. I'll compare springs rates with my MTX.
3mm split with the 25T pulley is only 1.5mm split overdrive. (4.5mm split is 1:1)

Strange that it was bouncing I have never had that problem. Our track is not really that smooth either.
Old 02-04-2003, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: MTX-3 Rear Setup

Originally posted by rskoncepts
Sorry to change the subject...
Has anyone had time using the MTX-3 rear setup and come up with suspension settings? Compared to my original GRP foam car parts, I had a little more slide in the rear but it was stable and controllable. Tire wear was good in the rear.
I use the lower kyosho holes in the bulkheads and 2.5mm shims under the camber links. This definately removes some of the enrty and exit rear grip from the car when compared to the stock V1RR hubs (i suspect because the car does not roll as fast) but mid corner grip in high speed sweepers is sensational. You need to find a balance between entry grip and mid corner grip.
Old 02-04-2003, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

I am using like 4 or 5 shims well however much they supplied me
Old 02-04-2003, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are they going to keep this design for a while?

Who has a great supply of parts?
Old 02-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

ne one plz help???? i have used up all the shims provided to space my car and the clutch bell is stillhard
Old 02-04-2003, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by NitroNut
ne one plz help???? i have used up all the shims provided to space my car and the clutch bell is stillhard
you also need to check if you have enough shim between the trust bearing retainer and the crankshaft
Old 02-04-2003, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

I've got it near full stiff as it is. I guess it's the on power turns where it gets a little more dicey, especially after driving my friend's MTX-3 (ooops did I say that?) and then going directly back to the 27t. Does the 25t supposedly yield more top speed Manticore?
the 25T wont let you gain more top speed. the purpose of 25T is to let you run a smaller front tire diameter which give better steering thru the turns.

You should stay with same front/rear drive ratio all the time.
Old 02-04-2003, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Default More Top Speed

I've got it near full stiff as it is. I guess it's the on power turns where it gets a little more dicey, especially after driving my friend's MTX-3 (ooops did I say that?) and then going directly back to the 27t. Does the 25t supposedly yield more top speed Manticore?
Yeah Mani is right the setup sheet tells me to run a 60mm dia in front and 64mm in Rear to maintain a 1.25:1 overdrive ratio. Now if more rollout is what you want then the 24 tooh conversion (in place of the 19T rears) I showed you is the trick. I am currently running it on the layout at Revelation. The added rollout was quite significant as I no longer have a problem with my car gearing short anymore. The only drawback is the inital hole shot acceleration.

Vince

P.S. I think I already asked you, but do up one of the Proto Stratus 2.1 bodies for me! Just in case I forgot!
Old 02-04-2003, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Yep you're on the list Vince.

Yeah that gear conversion you got is insane. More rollout would help with the current configuration at KZ. As it was I just barely had enough with new tires. I'm a little worried about the bottom end gearing with that conversion though, so keep me posted on what happens with your testing.

I'll have to try running the smaller fronts then. So by running more even fronts maybe I was straining the belts, because I broke a few a couple weeks ago. Now I've got even more stuff to try. I've also got my eye on a smaller delrin spur gear (43) that I've seen with a certain someone we know in the pits.
Old 02-04-2003, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Hey Kev, so are we gonna come up to the north to run our small tracks or do I have to come down there to bug you on your cell phone when your turn marshaling

Oh yea I wish I could race on a track with gearing problems
Old 02-04-2003, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Oh yea I wish I could race on a track with gearing problems
Not when you're cookin' motors! Doh!
Old 02-04-2003, 11:23 PM
Tech Regular

Talking Hmmm.....

Yep you're on the list Vince.

Yeah that gear conversion you got is insane. More rollout would help with the current configuration at KZ. As it was I just barely had enough with new tires. I'm a little worried about the bottom end gearing with that conversion though, so keep me posted on what happens with your testing.

I'll have to try running the smaller fronts then. So by running more even fronts maybe I was straining the belts, because I broke a few a couple weeks ago. Now I've got even more stuff to try. I've also got my eye on a smaller delrin spur gear (43) that I've seen with a certain someone we know in the pits.
Well you are right the conversion does add a ton more to the rollout, but I have severly geared down to compensate for it. With the 24T conversion I am running a 15/19 pinon with a 45/49 spur. I think as far as gearing goes this may be the ticket. Even Tony sees that I keep up with him on the straightaway. As far as cooking motors, well I myself am still running at 235 (race temp). Getting plenty of rollout at Revelation. Now I just have to work out the handling issues and I am set.

Old 02-05-2003, 02:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by performula
Are they going to keep this design for a while?

Who has a great supply of parts?
?
Old 02-05-2003, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Default What exactly are you referring to?

Originally posted by performula
?
Are you asking if they are keeping the design to the V One RR and who as a good supply of parts?

Well if that is the question you are asking, then I have not seen any indication that the V One RR is going away. As far as parts, Tower Hobbies has most of the parts. But if you want a good selection of factory parts and Hop ups I would suggest you go to RC Model. THey have a great selection of hard to find V One R/RR parts and all my orders were shipped to me within 7 days.

Tower Hobbies
RC Model in Hong Kong

Hopefully this is what you were asking. If not then too bad!
Old 02-05-2003, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Hmmm.....

Originally posted by Bounty Hunter
Well you are right the conversion does add a ton more to the rollout, but I have severly geared down to compensate for it. With the 24T conversion I am running a 15/19 pinon with a 45/49 spur. I think as far as gearing goes this may be the ticket. Even Tony sees that I keep up with him on the straightaway. As far as cooking motors, well I myself am still running at 235 (race temp). Getting plenty of rollout at Revelation. Now I just have to work out the handling issues and I am set.

How long is your straightaway? I have never run out of gearing yet, but I think some of those huge tracks you guys have might test it out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.