Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Would there be any pipes out there that u would recommend to me besides the nova pipe i was thinking about and THX for the lightening speed responses. Also i have a friend that was thinking of doing a v1s conversion to a r would that be more than a brand new r at the end?

Last edited by NitroNut; 01-14-2003 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Talking about pipes... What do you guys recommend for an torquey inline type pipe?

Most inline pipes I know are high revving ones. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by NitroNut
Would there be any pipes out there that u would recommend to me besides the nova pipe i was thinking about and THX for the lightening speed responses. Also i have a friend that was thinking of doing a v1s conversion to a r would that be more than a brand new r at the end?
Dont worry about the pipe too much. Run the car and see how it feels. Pipe tuning makes minor difference when you compare to proper needle and clutch settings. It should be a good pipe.

Generally you cannot convert the S to a R without substantial amounts of parts. It will almost certainly be cheaper to just get an R.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

BLEH!! thats it imma go get me a r tomarrow or friday someday it's driving me crazy!!!!!first i have to finish finals ewwww
Old 01-14-2003, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

There is a good post on the "Richey" thread about different pipe and engine combo's
Old 01-14-2003, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

for those who have done the mugen mod, how do you personaly feel about, how your car handles with it.

Me I am still waiting for parts to try it
Old 01-14-2003, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
for those who have done the mugen mod, how do you personaly feel about, how your car handles with it.

Me I am still waiting for parts to try it
If you run rubber tires you are better off without it. If you run foam tires the rear of your car rolls less and has more grip in high speed corners while maintaining low speed grip. Basically it makes the car easier to drive fast.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AMGRacer
If you run rubber tires you are better off without it. If you run foam tires the rear of your car rolls less and has more grip in high speed corners while maintaining low speed grip. Basically it makes the car easier to drive fast.
Your trying to tell me someone still uses rubber tires A

NICE
Old 01-14-2003, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Your trying to tell me someone still uses rubber tires A

NICE
I ocassionally run at a track which is effectively a concrete walking path around 5 feet wide which they race on. Crazy? Yes. Long story short foams dont work there as the concrete dust makes it slippery.

But if you get a spare set of kyosho rear arms you can convert back and forth in around 2 minutes.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:34 PM
Tech Champion

I ocassionally run at a track which is effectively a concrete walking path around 5 feet wide which they race on. Crazy? Yes. Long story short foams dont work there as the concrete dust makes it slippery.

But if you get a spare set of kyosho rear arms you can convert back and forth in around 2 minutes.
you dont need to, just reduce the shims !
Old 01-14-2003, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Manticore
you dont need to, just reduce the shims !
Even lowest shims is around the top hole of the kyosho hub. I find the best is top inner and bottom outer for concrete walking path tracks This minimises the camber change. Mayby I am too fussy
Old 01-14-2003, 11:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Robo
Any other tips? Keep them coming.

Thanks Jonathan for those driving tips.
BB

HaaaHaa.

No problem....that's what bench racing (lap top racing in this case)is all about....BS'ing.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:03 PM
Tech Champion

Even lowest shims is around the top hole of the kyosho hub. I find the best is top inner and bottom outer for concrete walking path tracks This minimises the camber change. Mayby I am too fussy
no no you are not. you need less chamber change on rubber tire.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Would this mod behave similarily to having the gold rear sway bar? I mean... I understand that they reduce roll by different means...but I was just wondering...if you guys have tried it ( the gold rear sways )??
Old 01-15-2003, 12:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Lowering the rear camber links changes roll centre, what track conditions call for altering roll centre?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.