Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Agreed, it would have been easy to get caught up in the TC-3 hype and buy yet another car. I'm not saying the TC-3 is a dud, by the way, just that the surrounding frenzy makes the view foggy.

Here's my plan . . . take time out on the MTX-3 for three months, at least - what you might call a "TC-3 cooling off period".
Re-visit and see if, in the clear light of day, it looks like we really can't live without it.
Anyway, knowing Mugen, in three months time, they will have released the MTX-3 TEAM Edition with twin overhead watchermacallits - all for the same money.

So, where did you see one for $350? I guess you mean US$350
. . . and, are you going to tell us what's so good about these Nitro Shoes?
True, verry true,taking time to see is usually the best way to go in my book, I almost just went out and bought one on the recomendation from Patella and Manti, who in my book are someone I can trust and really take their advise to heart.

As far as the kit price well yes its in US $ only because I forget there are others from all over the globe that hang out hear

Nitro shoes well let ya know after SUN, big race 1st of year sort of like our Daytona probably gonna get worked real hard, but I do love the BSing in the pits

Last edited by HEYALIGNMENTGUY; 01-03-2003 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-03-2003, 11:50 PM
Tech Rookie

HayAlignmentGuy, I guess you are getting ready for the "Hangover Havoc" at Delta. I will be there too. I just switched from a TC3 to a V-1R & RR. I was surprised at the durability of the sedan compare to the TC3 & MTX2.

What setup are you using once the track has been sprayed with soda? Last time I was there, Yokomo medium with medium worked pretty goo. Also, what color paint scheme are you using so I know who to look for? I will be using a green metallic paint shell.

See you there.
Old 01-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
True, verry true,taking time to see is usually the best way to go in my book, I almost just went out and bought one on the recomendation from Patella and Manti, who in my book are someone I can trust and really take their advise to heart.
You "ALMOST" ?? that means I am only ALMOST someone you trust??
Old 01-04-2003, 06:30 AM
Tech Champion

Tested the M1RR mod today.

basically I put on the mod over my previous set up. i.e. front oneway and rear solid axle.

I end up use red spring all round. Red fantom spring is some what in between fantom yellow and V1R gold.

the car is very responsive and very easy to drive (similar to MTX3)
I didnt put much front toe out and the car has very good steering and I can punch on the throttle much earlier then the set up before mod.

Sweeper and high speed corners are much faster then before. The car is very turnable with the mod setup.

I measured up the rear track width and it is 205mm with the direct fit rear camber link from old setup. Need to do some surgery to the car again to make it 200mm later on !
Old 01-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by TC3Nut
HayAlignmentGuy, I guess you are getting ready for the "Hangover Havoc" at Delta. I will be there too. I just switched from a TC3 to a V-1R & RR. I was surprised at the durability of the sedan compare to the TC3 & MTX2.

What setup are you using once the track has been sprayed with soda? Last time I was there, Yokomo medium with medium worked pretty goo. Also, what color paint scheme are you using so I know who to look for? I will be using a green metallic paint shell.

See you there.
Yuppers I will be there, actually I race the sportsman foam class Only because I don't race as much as I used to and the fast guys are turning 1-2 seconds a lap faster than me

Rubber tires Yokomo med sprints work well with med and soft incerts

I currently have a yellow and blue ALFA 156 shell on it
Old 01-04-2003, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Manticore
You "ALMOST" ?? that means I am only ALMOST someone you trust??
No need to cry, I DO trust you
Old 01-04-2003, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Manticore
Tested the M1RR mod today.

basically I put on the mod over my previous set up. i.e. front oneway and rear solid axle.

I end up use red spring all round. Red fantom spring is some what in between fantom yellow and V1R gold.

the car is very responsive and very easy to drive (similar to MTX3)
I didnt put much front toe out and the car has very good steering and I can punch on the throttle much earlier then the set up before mod.

Sweeper and high speed corners are much faster then before. The car is very turnable with the mod setup.

I measured up the rear track width and it is 205mm with the direct fit rear camber link from old setup. Need to do some surgery to the car again to make it 200mm later on !

Well, this does sound promising - thanks, Manti.
What dogbone length do we need to get the car to 200mm? - I'm running a VoneR, not RR.
With the top link, could we use the VoneR inner end and the MTX-3 outer end or will the link need to be shorter?
I presume you are using the lower inner link mounting position, yes?
Old 01-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
No need to cry, I DO trust you
Yes, Manti, of course we trust you.
It's that 35 FPS Video Camera on steroids that we don't trust.
Old 01-04-2003, 06:19 PM
Tech Champion

What dogbone length do we need to get the car to 200mm? - I'm running a VoneR, not RR.
With the top link, could we use the VoneR inner end and the MTX-3 outer end or will the link need to be shorter?
with the original camber link length and mugen bone. I have 2 o-ring on diff outdrive each side. so, just need to shorten the camber link and remove one 0-ring each side will do 200mm
Old 01-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

yes inner/lower
Old 01-04-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

I will sure be funny when we all turn up at the track with Mugen rear ends
Old 01-04-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Yes, Manti, of course we trust you.
It's that 35 FPS Video Camera on steroids that we don't trust.
oh well !!
Old 01-04-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Mine have already been ordered
Old 01-04-2003, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by patelladragger
Mine have already been ordered
Same
Old 01-04-2003, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AMGRacer
I'll get my bits tomorrow, hopefully.
We should at least be able to win the pit races at the Vic's.

If I recall, the Mugen bones are a couple of mm shorter than the standard VoneR bones, yeah?

I spent some time on a friend's lathe yesterday - made a nice alloy brake disk carrier to replace the one that my driver . . er . . . lost. I didn't like the large K Factory one and some have had trouble with the grub screw coming loose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.