Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2002, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Yeah I really did not think that the MTX3 would be "all that". But up here it is seriously busting on some lap time records. Dunno, mayby it is just a better out of the box setup. It seems to have very stiff springs and quite a lot of ackerman. I am gonna wrench on my V1RR some more and who knows
Sorry to say it guys, but the MTX3 IS al that! Best thing i've ever had to steer around a track..... And for the record the MTX3 box setup is crap. I've made fairly big changes to mine and picked up a lot of time.
Old 12-27-2002, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: When cleaning my car…damn it!

Originally posted by Glenn
I've realised that I have lost the F/H Washer (part 103), stabilizer cam (part 187) and the 3 x 15mm F/H countersunk screw that holds the front swaybar to the front left suspension arm.

With the swaybar still there though, I noticed that the effect it is probably having is next to nothing.

My question is should I remove the whole front swaybar setup prior to my next meet if I can’t find the replacement parts until after that time? Will having it there (lose and all) have a negative effect on the drivability?

If you think i should remove the front swaybar, should I also remove the rear swaybar?

Many thanx guys...

see pic...
Yep that will prevent it from working real well. Just remove the front and rear bars and play with stiffer springs. It will have a similar effect if you use stiffer springs (not quite the same).

You may be able to fix it by just using a screw in there to hold the swaybar holder in place.
Old 12-27-2002, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JordanC
Sorry to say it guys, but the MTX3 IS al that! Best thing i've ever had to steer around a track..... And for the record the MTX3 box setup is crap. I've made fairly big changes to mine and picked up a lot of time.
Yep so I have heard. Hows it running compared to the V1Rs?
Old 12-27-2002, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JordanC
man if the box setup is crap that's scary? I thought it was phenomenal out of the box. Care to share what major changes you made?
Old 12-28-2002, 01:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by AMGRacer
I searched like 10 pages back an cannot seem to find the info. Care to repeat it?
It was at Hong Kong's International GP Touring Car Race. Takuya Ito won with his V-ONE RR. His setup is posted on the new Kyosho website.
Old 12-28-2002, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

where is the link on the kyosho site? I see the article but no link to setup.
Old 12-28-2002, 07:21 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by patelladragger
where is the link on the kyosho site? I see the article but no link to setup.
It's Takuya Itou.

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/setting/data/v_one_rr_1120.pdf
Old 12-28-2002, 07:30 AM
Tech Initiate

What is all this talk about the MTX3 they've been racing them in Hong Knog for several months. Witness the latest ass whippings they took from an AE NTC3 and the 16 y/o V 1 RR pilot in the most recent race in Hong Kong. There were a bunch of MTX3s entered and they didn't crack the top 3. I'm certain it will be a top car, its just that the improvements are incremental nothing revolutionary and I'm sure they will win races just as soon as they pay for someone who is good enough to win.
Old 12-28-2002, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

InitialD- Thanks for the setup. That has got to be the most thorough setup I've ever seen from a factory guy - he even tells you his starting and finishing ride heights for foam wear! Awesome.

Surprising he's not running one-way. Also using the lsd in the rear! I'm going to give this setup a shot and see how it feels. I haven't had a diff in the front of a V one in a long time....oh wait, actually never!
Old 12-28-2002, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by KingWillie
What is all this talk about the MTX3 they've been racing them in Hong Knog for several months. Witness the latest ass whippings they took from an AE NTC3 and the 16 y/o V 1 RR pilot in the most recent race in Hong Kong. There were a bunch of MTX3s entered and they didn't crack the top 3. I'm certain it will be a top car, its just that the improvements are incremental nothing revolutionary and I'm sure they will win races just as soon as they pay for someone who is good enough to win.

KingWillie I've come to the conclusion that what factory racers do with these cars is of no consequence. Associated paid a boat load of drivers to market their car and they did a good job at the ROAR nats - but even before the nats a boat load of avg. racers had already tried the car because it was a very quick car out of the box. The bandwagon was already full force because the car was very good.

Same with the mtx3. Just because barry baker can beat somebody driving a car doesn't mean the other cars aren't revolutionary! Baker and a handful of others with the same talent can kick azz with an hpi but that doesn't mean hpi's are making the best cars for the average club racer.

I was impressed with the mtx3, but i'm no expert with the V1 yet so I'm going to try a few more things before jumping ship completely.
Old 12-28-2002, 02:44 PM
Tech Initiate

The changes available with the MTX-3 are not revolutionary they only bring it up to date with other modern racers, just as the changes to the 705 are not revolutionary, it is not much different from its predecessor. Most drivers in my club have elected to skip both cars and motor on with their current machines and update them with the new pieces. And the guys that just got the MTX-3s and 705s aren't running away with anything. They still place right where they always have. So much for the average guy getting a boost with these "new" designs.
I was not equating the race results with the incremental improvements of the MTX-3. Rather, just mentioning the results of the most recent race where the factory MTX-3 guys couldn't compete with the other factory drivers. Ever hear of Ito before? I haven't and he only won because Bakers NTC3 overheated on him again. The problem with it is the exhaust manifold and airflow over a long race.
True Barry could probably drive a shoebox around the track and win, however the MTX-3 Factory Pilots pobably are very good also. Yes pro-Racing is rarely decided by the vehicle, but rather by the driver's talents given the fact that their machinery is at least capable and somewhat on a level with the others. Which they all are.
Anyway my only point is or was the car, MTX-3, is not anything other than an update to bring an aging design up to date. Which they have done nicely. Sorry for the length of this rant, but you seemed to misunderstand me. That's enough on this subject.

Last edited by KingWillie; 12-28-2002 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-28-2002, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Didn't we, or some of us have this kind od Debate when the NTC3 came along ?

It seems that we came to the same conclusion, Its who is piloting the car, rather than the car it's self.

I myself like to see eveolution of the hobby, and trust me I like to read a good debate.
Right now the best car out there is the one YOU choose for your self
thats my 2 cents
Old 12-28-2002, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Agree Kingwillie. I initially freaked out mainly due to the fact that many of the MTX3 drivers suddenly were pulling better laptimes then with their old cars. But with some more development time and driving harder () I am pretty sure the V1RR will be able to keep on the pace!
Old 12-28-2002, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

yeah we had this debate when the ntc3 came out. There was a lot of discussion about the ntc3 being a better car but I don't remember much doubt about the car being quicker than the other pro cars for most drivers. The car had a boat load of problems and the reliability of a crackhead, but it was still a markedly better handling, quicker car.

Now KingWillie, I didn't misunderstand you at all. You said the mtx3 isn't anything special and you used a japanese race of factory drivers to prove your point.

Which I said doesn't fly. Put barry baker in a mtx3 and I would be willing to bet he wins and tq's more often than he does in the ntc3.

I'm not one to say the mtx3 is "revolutionary", I will say it's easily the best handling nitro touring car I have driven. That doesn't have to mean anything to anyone just like your statement that the mtx3 isn't any better than other cars doesn't either. I would however put more stock in someone's opinion who has actually experimented with these cars and who has the capacity for objectivity.

I will build a 705 just for grins when the time comes, but as for now, I'm trying to find ways to MAKE my V ones that I've been racing all year keep the pace of the mugen that I've driven 3 times.
Old 12-29-2002, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Default everyone forgot one thing

Guys;

One more thing that is very important in any type of racing, is good old fashioned LUCK.
I have many friends that ran out and bought NTC3's when they first came out, but they are slowly going back to their V1R's, etc because of the troublesome ball diffs in the NTC3.

Last edited by popsracer; 12-29-2002 at 12:25 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.