Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho VoneR Thread >

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

I have the patience, I just didnt really know what to expect. Patella is right, asked the wrong question. Who cares what the break in is, what matters is what it can do when you lean the bad boy out!!! I'll think that way more and more as I slowly transition from newb to veteran.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:49 PM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by calimassive
I have the patience, I just didnt really know what to expect. Patella is right, asked the wrong question. Who cares what the break in is, what matters is what it can do when you lean the bad boy out!!! I'll think that way more and more as I slowly transition from newb to veteran.

Everyone had this experience.Just enjoy it and have fun.

When you become a veteran,you will find everything is not so fun anymore.

Old 11-06-2002, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

word up dude. i dont get bored easily though.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by calimassive
Well I was just asking from the perspective of a newbie, cause I had a hard time breaking in my RB, I didnt realize it could be such a painstaking process to break in an engine. I thought u just put in gas and drive around slow for like 5 tanks or something. It turned out to be a bit more involved than that.
you know cali, now that I think about it, the very first engine I ever broke in on my own was a rb x12! And was that a memorable experience! That thing was so friggin tight I remember holding a hair dryer on it forever. Plus I didn't know diddly about carb tuning so of course I jacked the midrange needle up trying to start it! lol. I managed to get it started once by sheer luck and after it cooled down I couldn't get it started again. Lucky for me there was one guy at lhs who knew what he was doing and rescued that RB for me. Lesson that taught me was basically don't do jack unless you read about it or ask someone so that you know what you're doing. All I had to do was go out to the RB site and it has all the info for break-in right there.

I hope dino is wrong though if it stops being Fun that means I gotta find me a new fix for my speed addiction!
Old 11-06-2002, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by patelladragger

I hope dino is wrong though if it stops being Fun that means I gotta find me a new fix for my speed addiction!
You could always do R/C Boats

How about a outrigger with a 1 cubic inch Nitro motor that when set up just right with prop and trim setting will do 85-90mph with a rich setting You should see this thing fly across the water putting up a 12 foot rooster behind it <-- (slight exzageration)
Old 11-06-2002, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Default Percentages.

Percentages.

Chance of r/c not ever being Fun 0%
Chace of walking into lhs and not spending money 0%
Chance of wife freezing r/c funds as long as shes winning her nitro class 0%
Chance of wife freezing r/c funds if shes not winning her nitro class 100%

gt

Old 11-06-2002, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

Squizzy, u changed ur avatar, sweet, ehhe, is that ur Touring body? can u post a pic?

Last edited by calimassive; 11-06-2002 at 11:19 PM.
Old 11-07-2002, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Where did you find a woman that races RC????????? "Bastard" i'm jealous!!
Old 11-07-2002, 12:30 AM
Tech Regular

I'm trying to get my fiance into right now, hopefully it works. She's expressed some interest in getting a car. We'll see what happens.
Old 11-07-2002, 12:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by jordanc
Where did you find a woman that races RC????????? "Bastard" i'm jealous!!
Ummm, there was this little girl from Washington that went to the Paris Memorial Race to race her 1/10 TC and came back with an RB C4 MRX-3 !!
Old 11-07-2002, 01:26 AM
Tech Master

Default Stratus Photo

Not a good photo for colour...the blue shade is Fasecent Purple and the yellow is fasecent yellow.
As for the lady.....she got sick of watching me race so I bought her a v-one-s and first series out she won with a force 12 engine, stock pipe and a single speed. ( and my old tyres...but dont tell her that)

gt

Attached Thumbnails Kyosho VoneR Thread-stratus.jpg  
Old 11-07-2002, 02:04 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Squizzy, nice paint job, but why is the bumper hanging out from under the body like that?
Old 11-07-2002, 02:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ummm, there was this little girl from Washington that went to the Paris Memorial Race to race her 1/10 TC and came back with an RB C4 MRX-3 !!
Giddyup!!!!! I walk into a hobby shop, buy what I need and say to the guy as he's handing me the receipt...... "Hide the evidence" You are a lucky man!
Old 11-07-2002, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

I have the standard servos that came with the Airtronics/Sanwa MX-3. They seem to be working just fine. But, I've been told that you can feel the difference between highspeed/hightorque/digital servos, and just standard servos. Is this true?
Are really good servos a must for racing? I heard the steering servo is the crucial one and just a standard servo will do for the other. Is this true? Anyways, what servos are good? I've been looking at some of the Airtronics digital servos, one word, pricey...

Last edited by calimassive; 11-07-2002 at 06:18 AM.
Old 11-07-2002, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD

yeah that was a pretty impressive story. She did well with her yokomo GT4 so a bunch of people/companies pitched and got her a mrx3 with C4. Just shows there are some great people in this hobby. That was smitty's daughter and I think she's like 9 or 10 but looking at the results she CAN drive! Get ready to see her whooping azz in coming years

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.