Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by calimassive
Actually, Kawaharra makes a rear solid axle for the V one R. Must of slipped my mind, sorry. Anyways, what is a "negative diff"? I saw a "negative diff", which was also made by Kawahara.
It's a diff that has the regular bevel gears inside and 2 clutch type shoes. When the diff is spinning slow enough, it acts like a regular diff giving good rear end traction on turns. Well the diff is spinning fast enough, the 2 shoes swing out and lock the diff into essentially a solid rear axle giving good out of turn/straight line acceleration.
Old 10-05-2002, 02:42 AM
Tech Regular

thanks sydewynder for clarifying that for me. Is it a good hop up though, and do many people use it? It sounds really nice.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rjl

I haven't started to panic yet even this is going to be the biggest race of my life and there's one of the best in the world racing and I'm running in a new untested engine and I'm short one set of front springs and I only ever blow plugs when I'm running in a new engine and there are going to be a lot of very fast cars there and I've got to go.............
Well, rjl, it looks like your pre-Nat's sand-bagging campaign is coming along nicely. I reckon that by the end of next week, most of the competitors will have written you off altogether!

This of course leaves you positioned perfectly. When the final comes around you will just need to down that last refreshing gulp from a whitey (just to steady the nerves, of course), fire up that screaming, "untested" engine, and calmly blow them all into the weeds.

Oooops . . . I didn't give the game away here, did I?
Old 10-05-2002, 05:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default vip hobbies

kevin2k,they are open from noon to 8 pm ,the are very good at getting kawahara stuff(2-3 days)and the prices are very good.
Old 10-06-2002, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rjl
I have a question. What is the optimum O.D. ratio? I know it varies with tyre wear, but at what split are you guys getting your best times? What ride hight do you have at that tyre diameter?
I was about to publish my own settings but thought I'd better wait till next week.
I haven't started to panic yet even this is going to be the biggest race of my life and there's one of the best in the world racing and I'm running in a new untested engine and I'm short one set of front springs and I only ever blow plugs when I'm running in a new engine and there are going to be a lot of very fast cars there and I've got to go.............
with the RR side pulley it makes the front wheels spin 1.5 times for each full rotation of the rear... does that help?
Old 10-06-2002, 09:09 AM
asd
Tech Addict

i'm in a dillema, , should i get the Integy Laser Tweak Board or Hudy Ultimate Set Up Board for my V One RR?
Old 10-06-2002, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: vip hobbies

Originally posted by kaozzlord
kevin2k,they are open from noon to 8 pm ,the are very good at getting kawahara stuff(2-3 days)and the prices are very good.
Cool, thanks, I've heard they stock KO Propo too!

ASD: the laser tweak board is not used for the same thing as the Hudy set up system. Tweak setting is referring to overall balance and equal distribution of weight over your wheels. The Hudy is used to measure things like camber, toe-in, caster, steering throw, etc. Integy also makes a nice setup system which is much less than the Hudy.
Old 10-06-2002, 02:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default sts engines

hey asd

how you like the sts rs 12 modified is it easy to tune ,is it worth getting ,or is all hype thanks
Old 10-06-2002, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by calimassive
thanks sydewynder for clarifying that for me. Is it a good hop up though, and do many people use it? It sounds really nice.
You're welcome.

As for being a good hop up? It can be. If your driving style suits it.
I personally pitch my nitro cars into the corner and the extra grip when it acts like a regular diff means that to me my car has some push around the corners. Others that roll the car around the corners might find that it works very well.

How many use it? I'm not sure. I know HAG and Manticore has it. Not sure if AMGRacer, Patelladragger, kevink2 and others have it.

The only way you really can find out if you like it is to try one. Unfortunately it is pricey to try and find out it's not for you. Sorry.
Maybe someone in your area has one and is willing to let you try his car or put the diff in your car.

Last edited by Sydewynder; 10-06-2002 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-06-2002, 03:40 PM
asd
Tech Addict

all i can say is that its as fast as any other modified engine out there(in my perspective that is).. i think its at least worth tryin it out since it does not cost too much. Its your desicion though,
i'm not sure if its easy to tune yet, since i've only run, like, one tank, lol.
Old 10-06-2002, 04:52 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
with the RR side pulley it makes the front wheels spin 1.5 times for each full rotation of the rear... does that help?
Actually it's 1.08 times but thanks.
So far the best I've found is 1.033 front O.D.
Old 10-06-2002, 05:09 PM
asd
Tech Addict

hey guys,i got a quick ques. is the v one rr gt rubber tyre version supposed to come with a fron one way?
Old 10-06-2002, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by asd
hey guys,i got a quick ques. is the v one rr gt rubber tyre version supposed to come with a fron one way?
Should come with regular diff
Old 10-06-2002, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

I finally got the RR on rails today and ran the main with the solid axle. I put a .15 outlaw nova mega inline turbo pipe (long), on the collari 5 port and I must say I've found a new "Fastest" engine/pipe combination. This RR is scary fast. Strangely enough I was running 18/22 gearing on the kawa centax (only cause it was the only spare gears I had), before I put that pipe on it had no yank off the corner (small track - 120X60) and I had to take that gearing off.

I ended up with 35mm CRC's on the year and the car was ballistic - but unfortunately my driving was not. I let the car down not being patient enough.

I took the advice posted here though and went to front dogbones and tried to be careful with my installation spacing and sure enough I lost one completely in my V1R in the 1st qualifier. I was running too many classes to have time to replace so I just ran the RR in the 2nd qualifier setting the fastest lap of the day from all classes.

Main comes along and when I let myself get piped by a lapper the dogbone jammed out of it's slot in the hub taking me out of first place with 4 minutes left.

Integy universals for me from now on - I'll pay the extra dough for peace of mind.

On another note I got my V1R down to 59.1 oz with body!
Old 10-06-2002, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

I knew that there is a rubber and foam version of the v one r, but i didnt realize there was a rubber tyre version of the v one rr, so i just got the foam/front one way version. Is there a site where i can see what comes with the rubber tyre GT version of the rr?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.