Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by calimassive
i should be getting my V1rr in the mail any day now. It's my first nitro touring sedan. Anyhow, i think i have my mind set on an RB-X12 engine, but im not sure what pipe and header to get. I heard the Paris ring pipe is good. Any other suggestions?
the serpent inline pipe (nova mega) model number 2185 worked fine with my s1 and current s3. the header is really thick and has a large internal diameter. a paris pipe might give you a little too much low end power. go with a inline pipe. they are alot more secure and are set at a "closer to optimal" setting. you'll find with non inline pipes sometimes they slip of the coupler if the angle at the opening of the pipe is too steep, and it will then hit up against your steering linkage and change the tune... annoying as hell.
Old 09-26-2002, 07:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Spur gear

hai...
do fantom spur/pinion gear can be use in v1rr? How to calculate gear ratio..And what best for short/technical track and long/big track?

thanks
Old 09-26-2002, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

yes, fantom gearing works on V1. Take spur/pinion to get gear ratio. Multiply this times internal gear ratio to get FDR.

For tight track, stock 16/20 pinions on 49 1st gear spur works good for me.

For big track, try 18/22 and look for smallest 2nd gear spur. I have 45, I know they use 44 on reflex, but not sure if kyosho has a 44. The guys overseas apparently can get a 43 from aftermarket.

Cyrul runs 23/44 when at the cincinnatti track on his reflex, but don't know when they are going to make that pinion.
Old 09-26-2002, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

oh yeah your tire size will affect your gearing as well so you may desire to calculate rollout. I personally focus more on calculating overdrive ratios than gearing - especially with the centax on there you can adjust so much with the clutch for take-off and speed I just want the handling to be consistent by experimenting with tire size and overdrive ratios. Just my .02 - the other more experienced guys here may have a different take.
Old 09-26-2002, 01:22 PM
asd
Tech Addict

what kfactory hop up should i get first, price shouldnt be an object
Old 09-26-2002, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

hey jack, nice site. Nice pics of the V1rr. What kawahara hop ups do you have on you're V1rr?
Old 09-26-2002, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

hey jack, nice site. Nice pics of the V1rr. What kawahara hop ups do you have on you're V1rr?
plenty ..
let see.
soild axle
radio tray support.
Mid pulley support
left brace
wheel hub adapter...
and some others that i cant rem

Old 09-26-2002, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

i should be getting my V1rr in the mail any day now. It's my first nitro touring sedan. Anyhow, i think i have my mind set on an RB-X12 engine, but im not sure what pipe and header to get. I heard the Paris ring pipe is good. Any other suggestions?
First nitro sedan? Get the RD Logics in-line one-piece. Around $40 bucks for the ROAR legal, nice polished aluminum. The non-ROAR model is even cheaper, I believe. Performs well, can't beat it for the price (I think HAG will back me up on that one). You can try to find the one that will yield you the best performance, etc., blah blah blah, but realistically, if this is your first nitro sedan, you're going to bash it a few times before you get it running well (especially if you're a novice driver), and the pipe is always the first thing to get damaged. Nothing like smashing in your brand new shiny RB pipe on the first run (I should know!). All it takes also is one hacker t-boning you on the right side. The RD Logics pipe also comes with all the springs, couplers, etc. you'll need, and they also throw in a shiny pipe hanger wire.
Old 09-26-2002, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by asd
Why K-factory?? I didn't like the chassis that much, too heavy and tenses the center belt too much. The only thing I'm using is their lightened main shaft, but it's already showing signs of wear...
I think Manticore has an opinion about them...
Old 09-26-2002, 06:03 PM
asd
Tech Addict

my lhs doesnt stock kawahara,none of the hobby shops in my province dont stock kawahara, lol
Old 09-26-2002, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kevink2
First nitro sedan? Get the RD Logics in-line one-piece. Around $40 bucks for the ROAR legal, nice polished aluminum. The non-ROAR model is even cheaper, I believe. Performs well, can't beat it for the price (I think HAG will back me up on that one). You can try to find the one that will yield you the best performance, etc., blah blah blah, but realistically, if this is your first nitro sedan, you're going to bash it a few times before you get it running well (especially if you're a novice driver), and the pipe is always the first thing to get damaged. Nothing like smashing in your brand new shiny RB pipe on the first run (I should know!). All it takes also is one hacker t-boning you on the right side. The RD Logics pipe also comes with all the springs, couplers, etc. you'll need, and they also throw in a shiny pipe hanger wire.
The RD pipe is really nice for the price, I do admit that and it works well on my little track
I also have a RB X12 and a turbo ring, both of these work well also but hear is the kicker
Turbo ring =$40
RBX12 = $45
RD Logics in line = 39.95 and comes with all the goodies
Old 09-26-2002, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Sydewynder
kakaka is Manticore laughing at you.

kakaka = kekeke = hahaha = ahahaha = muhahaha

Comprende senor?
NOW I comprende
Old 09-26-2002, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

thanks kevin k2 for the pipe suggestion, appreciate it, btw, im scared about one thing. That the front one way is gonna make it hard for me to drive. I mean, i took the plunge and got the V1rr anyways, but still, any tips on driving the V1rr, mainly to avoid crashing and to keep it under control? I've never driven a nitro sedan before. LOL...
Old 09-26-2002, 06:10 PM
asd
Tech Addict

lol, why didnt u get the rubber tyre version then?
it doesnt come with a front one way or a rear solid axle..
Old 09-26-2002, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by asd
The only thing K Factory that I think is worth the beans is the upper deck and lower fuel tank. but you also need the aluminum middle brace's with the belt tentioner because the stock tensioner does not work on there upper deck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.