Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Fantom

Originally posted by patelladragger
Ok guys, does anybody know anything about the Kyosho Fantom? Is it a competitive car against the MRX-3? I ran across a potential deal on a 2001 champions edition but I know next to nothing about this car. What's the scoop?
I would worry about parts support if you're serious about racing it. If you can get them, go for it. It's also tougher if you're the only guy running a Fantom at the track when you need to ask for advice . The MRX-3 is comparatively cheaper here in L.A., with plentiful parts support. Most bang for the buck.
Old 09-05-2002, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

The Fantom has been upgraded early this year. Tower was blowing them out at somewhere around $350. Hope your getting a good deal. Where I am Only one person runs a Fantom. I saw it run with a Veteq and a couple of MRX3s. It is competitive but around here help is scare if you need tips on the car. Parts are also very rare.

And your wife said to cut back on RCs.
Old 09-05-2002, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

tower had them for 350?- I didn't see the car on tower. I think this version is updated but the seller is from Hong Kong and I was going to buy at 375 shipped.

I don't buy any parts for any car local cause my lhs sucks titty so as long as some online store sells the parts I'm cool. So far it looks like tower is the only place I've seen carrying the parts. If tower had it for 350 then I guess it isn't a deal after all. Here is the link to the car maybe you guys can tell me if this is the updated version.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1760249382

I was previously going to get the mugen as my starter 1/8 car but I've been impressed with kyosho quality so I'd thought I'd check this out.

As far as the wife - as long as she sees less crap in the garage than she did before she's fine...as long as I keep hiding the bank statements that is
Old 09-05-2002, 06:58 PM
asd
Tech Addict

would clr work on removing threadlocker?
Old 09-05-2002, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

tower had them for 350?- I didn't see the car on tower. I think this version is updated but the seller is from Hong Kong and I was going to buy at 375 shipped.

I don't buy any parts for any car local cause my lhs sucks titty so as long as some online store sells the parts I'm cool. So far it looks like tower is the only place I've seen carrying the parts. If tower had it for 350 then I guess it isn't a deal after all. Here is the link to the car maybe you guys can tell me if this is the updated version.

I was previously going to get the mugen as my starter 1/8 car but I've been impressed with kyosho quality so I'd thought I'd check this out.

As far as the wife - as long as she sees less crap in the garage than she did before she's fine...as long as I keep hiding the bank statements that is

I'm not sure when they updated the Fantom, but if it was earilier this year, the big "2001" on the box should be a dead giveaway that's probably the old version.
Old 09-05-2002, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

thanks. I didn't see any information anywhere about a fantom 2002 and it's not on the kyosho site and I saw this ad mentioned several upgrades so I didn't know if this was the upgraded car since it was "national champions edition" or not. 'tis why I asked about it - i'm totally ignorant on the car. I'll pass on it and look for a mugen...unless trinity starts selling it
Old 09-05-2002, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

The tower price is my best memory about 4 months ago so + or - some.

I saw it on their Daily Discount section where they try to sell off overstock then a couple of days later it went Discontinued.

The new Fantom is the 2001 EVO. Here is a (poor) translation of one new thing I found. Pertains to the chassis

In comparison with the FMW21 \10,000 former chassis, when the front section is narrowly converted, moderate roll synthesis is guaranteed with modification of cutting the center section, by the fact that it adopts to travelling simultaneously positively, even with the course whose grip is bad until now it can obtain high traction above.

Last edited by Sydewynder; 09-05-2002 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-05-2002, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Kyosho does put out a quality product, without a doubt. You'll also be impressed with the quality of the MRX-3 (and you can get Kawahara upgrades! :cool).
Old 09-06-2002, 08:08 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

There is a big advantage in staying with Kyosho if you already have one. Many parts in the Fantom are common with the VoneRRRR. The Fantom set the fastest lap at the Worlds, if things like engine failure and belt failure had not happened to the K car then the results may have been very different. The Fantom is very competitive and the quality is usual Kyosho.
Old 09-06-2002, 12:48 PM
asd
Tech Addict

hey evryone, what might the problem be if my clutch is not engaging, it could also be the 2 speed, i dunno, anyhow, its moving but not fast at all
diagnosis?
Old 09-06-2002, 06:13 PM
asd
Tech Addict

could the en gine be bogging down?
ohh, sorry about all the duma$$ questions but i dont wanna mess up mah car, lol
i have one more question, plz answer
k, when i move my car forward with my hands, the 2 speed and the clutch doesn't move, neither does it move when i push it backwards, thxs in advance
PLZ REPLY!
Old 09-06-2002, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rjl
There is a big advantage in staying with Kyosho if you already have one. Many parts in the Fantom are common with the VoneRRRR. The Fantom set the fastest lap at the Worlds, if things like engine failure and belt failure had not happened to the K car then the results may have been very different. The Fantom is very competitive and the quality is usual Kyosho.

rjl do you run the fantom? Where to go for support on the car? I'm new to 1/8 so I imagine I would need help on setup and the like.

I talked (emailed rather) the guy in hong kong and he says that limited edition version he's selling has all the upgrades that the new EVO fantom does except for battery position - according to him.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by asd
hey evryone, what might the problem be if my clutch is not engaging, it could also be the 2 speed, i dunno, anyhow, its moving but not fast at all
diagnosis?
I don't think you have a problem with the 2 speed.

Did you break in the engine? is the clutch adjusted properly? did you re read the instructions to make sure kind of hard to help when the car is 3000 miles away, also have you tried your local hobby shop to see if the can help you, if not is there a place where people race they might be able to help, just a few suggestions
Old 09-06-2002, 08:57 PM
asd
Tech Addict

okay, is there a one-way bearong in the v one rr gt?
Old 09-06-2002, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by asd
okay, is there a one-way bearong in the v one rr gt?
asd, not to be an arse or anything, cause I was new at this once too. But it kinda feels like you are asking questions just for the sake of asking them or something?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.