Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho VoneR Thread >

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by VONEREFLEXR
you will want to use the wide axles and wide swingshafts. They allow the use of 28mm and 30mm foams #vz080 and vz081
from my experience both 28 and 30mm foams will fit with the stock hex and axles. To fit 32mm you can trim the rear carrier, but to fit them comfortably the hex is all that's needed. If you get the wide hex and the wide universals or swingshafts then you can fit 35mm rears without trimming.
Old 08-26-2002, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by patelladragger

from my experience both 28 and 30mm foams will fit with the stock hex and axles. To fit 32mm you can trim the rear carrier, but to fit them comfortably the hex is all that's needed. If you get the wide hex and the wide universals or swingshafts then you can fit 35mm rears without trimming.
Yea what he said

as for shore rating try 40 front 35 rear,or 42 front 37 rear
Old 08-27-2002, 11:23 AM
asd
Tech Addict

hey guys
i'm going to pick up my v one rr today and my os 12 tr engine today!!
i'm so excited
i'll keep u guys updated when i bring it home
peace out
Old 08-28-2002, 12:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Yea what he said

as for shore rating try 40 front 35 rear,or 42 front 37 rear
Thanks for all the help from both of you. Any suggestions on the Brand of foams to try. I've been having bad luck with rubber tires and rims lately, (Rims keep warping), and I would really like to buy some quality foams with durable rims.
Old 08-28-2002, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
[B]
47/43 main gears??? supposedly these gears are only available to team drivers? true not true? do you v1r users know anything about this?
anyone?? anyone at all??
Old 08-28-2002, 06:02 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

43 spur gear was rumoured to exist for the Fantom, no such animal exists. 47 is listed as a part in the vonerrrr setup so must be available.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:39 AM
asd
Tech Addict

hey guys, i have a problem, the 44tooth gear wont go on to the 2 speed changer, is it supposed to slip on to the changer?, or do i have to modify the changer slightly to make hte gear fit, plz reply
Old 08-28-2002, 06:43 AM
asd
Tech Addict

one more thing guys, how do u get the stinkin e clip of, i made the 18 t and 19 t pulley mistake, lol
oh ya, thxs in advance
Old 08-28-2002, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by asd
one more thing guys, how do u get the stinkin e clip of, i made the 18 t and 19 t pulley mistake, lol
oh ya, thxs in advance
e-clips are the one evil I absolutely ABHOR! in RC. Get it off with a small screwdriver and a steady hand, or go to an auto store and get "snap-ring" pliers that are made to take e-clips off - you will lose less clips and it will make getting them off much easier.

They're still a pain in the arse, I remember the first kit I built I must have spent hours fooling around looking for shot off e-clips. lol.
Old 08-28-2002, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Default centax help

well, I'm still having problems with the kyosho centax. When I grease and assemble the clutch will work fine for one tank. But the next time I start the engine it grabs and will not release on idle. So I take it apart and reassemble, and it works fine for another tank. Any ideas? How often do you guys do maintenance on your centax and what all do you do?
Old 08-28-2002, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder

anyone?? anyone at all??
The 47t is a Kyosho option part I run them on mine. The 43t I dont believe is a kyosho part, but GPM makes one.
Old 08-28-2002, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: centax help

well, I'm still having problems with the kyosho centax. When I grease and assemble the clutch will work fine for one tank. But the next time I start the engine it grabs and will not release on idle. So I take it apart and reassemble, and it works fine for another tank. Any ideas? How often do you guys do maintenance on your centax and what all do you do?
You should put some extra shims behind the rear bearing in the clutchbell and the adjuster nut. When you push the clutchbell towards the adjuster nut it should not touch the shoe or grab the shoe.

I pull my centax down after each weeks racing. Check it and grease the thrust bearing. The main thing that can go wrong is the clutchbell stops sliding freely on the shaft.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:27 PM
asd
Tech Addict

hey guys, kyosho made a mistake i my vonerr(which i'm done building, and man is it breautiful, its got the os 12tr), you know how there is suposed to be a 19 tooth gear for rear. and a 18 tooth gear i the front?, well they gave me two 19 teeth gears, will this cause any problems?, or should i cahnge it to an 18 tooth gear, thxs in advance
ohh, and one more thing, how do u get the manifold to stay on the engine?, lol, thxs in advance
peace out
Old 08-28-2002, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: centax help

The Kawahara one you sold me has verry little maintenance
I lube up the thrust bearing with a little Ronnie grease and its good to go

How do the fly weights retract ?
Old 08-28-2002, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by asd
hey guys, kyosho made a mistake i my vonerr(which i'm done building, and man is it breautiful, its got the os 12tr), you know how there is suposed to be a 19 tooth gear for rear. and a 18 tooth gear i the front?, well they gave me two 19 teeth gears, will this cause any problems?, or should i cahnge it to an 18 tooth gear, thxs in advance
ohh, and one more thing, how do u get the manifold to stay on the engine?, lol, thxs in advance
peace out
I don't know about the gears but the manifold is held on by a spring

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.