Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

are the two plates for the thrust bearing supposed to be completely flush with the thrust bearing, one of my plates sits flush and one has about a .3mm gap.
Old 08-07-2002, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Hey Patelladragger whats new? That head and clutch I got,work real well, Thank you
what's new is 1 day after I shipped you that clutch I decided I can't live without racing and to stay in. So me goes out buys another centax from James next day. What's worse is I finally figured out that tire diameter does make a HUGE difference, ran my v1r with some tires that were worn down (not trued), awesome! Nearly perfect, I don't want to touch anything on the car till after this big race we have next week. I was lapping faster than our current nitro top-dog, actually made him start piping trying to keep up!(he hardly ever pipes) After our big race I'll try the centax. Problem is I chunked those tires after 10 minutes so now I need a tire truer to reproduce that setup.

Anyone have any suggestions on the best tire truer?
I would prefer to only buy it once. I had a HUDY lathe that I loved so I was looking at their offering - it's so darn $$$$ though!

Last edited by patelladragger; 08-07-2002 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-07-2002, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Hey manticore, the clutch bell should spin freely with the bell screw tightened all the way down right, it shouldn't be somewhat loose.
Old 08-07-2002, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by VONEREFLEXR
Hey manticore, the clutch bell should spin freely with the bell screw tightened all the way down right, it shouldn't be somewhat loose.
1/. shim the clearence of your clutch bell from the shoe until it just starts spin freely when you position the engine where as the crankshaft pointing upward.

2/. shim the trust bearing adaptor until there is end play around 0.3 to 0.5mm after you have tightened the screw.

Yes you are right the clutch bell should spin freely with the screw tightened.
Old 08-07-2002, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

Ok Thanks alot
Old 08-07-2002, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by VONEREFLEXR
Ok Thanks alot
NP
Old 08-07-2002, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

, But I need to pay You

Give me the money. I'll give it to Manticore when I'm there.........after I spend some of it.

Can you true some tires for me? Thanks. Let me know if you're going to pick up some foams from Bruckner's.
Old 08-07-2002, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by patelladragger

what's new is 1 day after I shipped you that clutch I decided I can't live without racing and to stay in. So me goes out buys another centax from James next day. What's worse is I finally figured out that tire diameter does make a HUGE difference, ran my v1r with some tires that were worn down (not trued), awesome! Nearly perfect, I don't want to touch anything on the car till after this big race we have next week. I was lapping faster than our current nitro top-dog, actually made him start piping trying to keep up!(he hardly ever pipes) After our big race I'll try the centax. Problem is I chunked those tires after 10 minutes so now I need a tire truer to reproduce that setup.

Anyone have any suggestions on the best tire truer?
I would prefer to only buy it once. I had a HUDY lathe that I loved so I was looking at their offering - it's so darn $$$$ though!
Cool and Sorry, But you will like the clutch

As for truer, I have the HUDY and it is worth the coin, but you can get the ofna for around $250, but remember the arbors are xtra
Old 08-07-2002, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Sydewynder

Give me the money. I'll give it to Manticore when I'm there.........after I spend some of it.

Can you true some tires for me? Thanks. Let me know if you're going to pick up some foams from Bruckner's.

Oooo do a smell another shopping trip

I think Manti would like to see it sooner

as for trueing your tires No Problemo, just need them to true,
I might get some tires from bruckners but forgot to read the fine print, Not full width on tires so I don't know how you feel about this
Old 08-07-2002, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Oooo do a smell another shopping trip

I think Manti would like to see it sooner

as for trueing your tires No Problemo, just need them to true,
I might get some tires from bruckners but forgot to read the fine print, Not full width on tires so I don't know how you feel about this
Umm ok I'll pass on the tires. The wheels are trimmed to fit the foam. so how much do they tirm? How much narrower are they?

Ok about the money. Just offering.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Umm ok I'll pass on the tires. The wheels are trimmed to fit the foam. so how much do they tirm? How much narrower are they?

Ok about the money. Just offering.
I dont know how much narrower they are

Looks like the rim is full width but the doughnuts are 1-2mm narrower, Kind of like the MRX 3 tires

as for the $$ lets see what Manti says
Old 08-07-2002, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Manticore : you have PM
Old 08-07-2002, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

I dont know how much narrower they are

Looks like the rim is full width but the doughnuts are 1-2mm narrower, Kind of like the MRX 3 tires

as for the $$ lets see what Manti says

I need all the help I can get. The fatter the donuts the better.

Actually you should send the money. I might spend it all before it gets there. All 10 HKDs of it. A

Last edited by Sydewynder; 08-07-2002 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

I need all the help I can get. The fatter the donuts the better.
I am the same, I like mine Jelly filled

I would forget bruckners and buy full width from who ever you can get them, for a good price

Ashfor seems to have decent prices, have you tried ACE
Old 08-07-2002, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Ace don't have much except for 1/8 scale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.