Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Are you guys runing foam or rubber tires at your race tracks ??
The springs you guys are runing seen to be soft.. Do your cars roll alot ?? what happends when you guys run harder springs ?

Thanks
-Tg
Old 04-15-2002, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks AMG got your email .. Thats the part tree got a part number?.. umm looks like theres a upper front arm, etc.. looking at towerhobbles for this part can find it.. umm ..

What is your setup like your running ?

-Tg
Old 04-15-2002, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

AMG: i never use any other springs, so..... but i can say that it didn't work too well in a tight track...
Old 04-15-2002, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

This thread has a whole bunch of setups posted through out it have a look back..........

Here is the parts: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXXG70&P=7

Buy the manual while you are at it!!!

Exploded view: http://www.kyosho.co.jp/tec-guide/Te...V-One%20RT.pdf

Parts list: http://www.kyosho.co.jp/tec-guide/Te...V-One%20RP.pdf
Old 04-15-2002, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ME-student
AMG: i never use any other springs, so..... but i can say that it didn't work too well in a tight track...
Yeah my friend says they increased his grip, but I cannot work that out unless the chassis is rolling a whole bunch. He uses grippier tires than me.............

Plus I go so hard into corners with no brakes that my car pushes like a sled (thanks for the HP boost Dennis ) Gotta learn to slow down......
Old 04-15-2002, 10:07 PM
Tech Addict

i meant it didnt work well in tight tracks....
Old 04-15-2002, 10:09 PM
Tech Addict

AMG: did you get a RTU or RTO? i want to get one too, i have a RB5port now... want some extra ponies... but don't know if its worth the extra 100bucks...
Old 04-15-2002, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

i meant it didnt work well in tight tracks....
Yeah I heard ya Thats why I am kinda wondering why he thinks it corners better since our track is kinda tight. Must suit his driving style..........
Old 04-15-2002, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

AMG: did you get a RTU or RTO? i want to get one too, i have a RB5port now... want some extra ponies... but don't know if its worth the extra 100bucks...
I have a RTU. I am in love with the engine, but you must gear it right. If you dont gear it down from what you normally run then you dont get a major advantage. Gear it down and you will have better corner punch and top end power than any engine out there that I have run against.

As for whether it is worth the extra 100, I dunno. You are not going to win races just because of the extra hp, but it gives you an edge out of corners and in straight line sprints. If you cannot corner then it wont help ya much For me it compensates for my lack of driving ability some
Old 04-15-2002, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

This sucks! I broke the Centax clutch Spring Catch on my RR. Does anyone know if the one for the Kyosho Fantom (part number FM354 ) will fit? If it is, then I canget it from Tower. If not, then I'll have to order it overseas.
Old 04-15-2002, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AMGRacer

I have a RTU. I am in love with the engine, but you must gear it right. If you dont gear it down from what you normally run then you dont get a major advantage. Gear it down and you will have better corner punch and top end power than any engine out there that I have run against.

As for whether it is worth the extra 100, I dunno. You are not going to win races just because of the extra hp, but it gives you an edge out of corners and in straight line sprints. If you cannot corner then it wont help ya much For me it compensates for my lack of driving ability some
AMG, u are from down under and u manage to get the RTU? bcos i thought Dennis wont ship his engines to any part of the world except within States itself.
Old 04-15-2002, 10:22 PM
Tech Addict

i can corner with a lola... haha... don't know about a sedan body though...i am thinking about the RTO

adelmundo: get the one from serpent. it fits. it is stiffer than the kyosho one too.. and you know what that means... hehe... got the tip from Manticore..by the way... just want to give him some credit... haha
Old 04-15-2002, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by adelmundo
This sucks! I broke the Centax clutch Spring Catch on my RR. Does anyone know if the one for the Kyosho Fantom (part number FM354 ) will fit? If it is, then I canget it from Tower. If not, then I'll have to order it overseas.
How the heck did ya do that I am about 99% sure it is the same spring.......
Old 04-15-2002, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by hurhur

AMG, u are from down under and u manage to get the RTU? bcos i thought Dennis wont ship his engines to any part of the world except within States itself.
Doesn't he?? I never heard that he doesn't, in fact I think he shipped one to like Finland for a guy called HFRacing on the HPI board..............

Anyhow I got mine from a guy on this board called Kaliboy. So I guess I found a loophole Nah, Dennis has even said he would ship me a new piston/sleeve across half the world when I need it so I am happy............
Old 04-15-2002, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AMGRacer

Doesn't he?? I never heard that he doesn't, in fact I think he shipped one to like Finland for a guy called HFRacing on the HPI board..............

Anyhow I got mine from a guy on this board called Kaliboy. So I guess I found a loophole Nah, Dennis has even said he would ship me a new piston/sleeve across half the world when I need it so I am happy............
lucky u!!
Kaliboy is your friend huh? or u got it second hand from him?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.