Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher R12 Fusion

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)
Default Schumacher R12 Fusion

Just starting a new thread for discussion of this AWSOME touring car. Got mine on friday and I am very impressed!!!!

Paul are you running foams and rubbers or just foams?
Old 04-20-2003, 03:50 PM
Tech Initiate

AWESOME? I dont know about that. I havent seen the car in person but Its not very convincing when this coming from someone race for Schumacher.

BTW, i assume you race for them based on your singature.
Old 04-20-2003, 05:21 PM
Tech Champion

Yes I do race for them. I have driven many nitro touring cars and this one is one of the best constructed cars I have ever driven. I havent raced it yet but I will post comments on it after I race.
Old 04-20-2003, 08:06 PM
Tech Initiate

still not very convincing. It will sound a lot better if you erase your singature.
Old 04-21-2003, 10:12 AM
PW
Tech Elite

RC Old Man....I've been racing and testing on foams only, but they do race rubber tires only in England.

XIII....RC is just expressing his opinion on the new Nitro R12 that he choose to race and promote. It doesn't make much sense to pick a company to race for unless you beleive in their product.

Our recent race results have been very promising for a brand new nitro car.

Recent results National/World level events:

The first race in prototype phase we finished 2nd at the 2002 Reedy Race in Spain.

The second race in production form we finished 3rd at the 2003 Winter Nationals in Ft. Myers FL with a 3-man team.

State level race results:

I TQ'd and won the last 2 state races in the state of Florida, which is home to Serpent USA and every state race up until that point was won by Serpent USA.

These race results are mostly done by weekend racers and not professional R/C drivers with the exception of the Reedy Race with Teemu.

Thanks for showing interest in Schumacher by clicking on this thread
Old 04-21-2003, 11:27 AM
Tech Initiate

I am not doubting the car. I am just sayint it not very convincing when its coming from someone who race for the manufacture and only the factory racer post on this thread.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Default the car is good

I don't race for schumacher. Don't have any interest in hypeing their products (or any others for that matter). I've seen the car up close and saw it run 1 week ago. I don't know if the driver was running a one-way or diff in the front but the car was attacking corners on entry harder than anything out there and transitioned extremely well. The car was also very fast on acceleration down the str8. The driver was fighting getting it to come out as hard on exit but that may have been a clutch thing - not sure. There was maybe 1 mtx3 that was faster overall but the r12 was on fire. As far as the attitude of the car on the track the car looks like a mod-electric going around - very flat. I wouldn't be surprised if you see this car start to take off if the parts support is decent.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I was pittniog for the guy that Patella was talking about. The car was pretty much out of the box setup and was very competetive. There were only minor adjustments made to the car and he was happy and running like crazy.n Like Patella said that attitude of the car on the track looked more like an electric than it did a nitro. I was very surprised by the car, but I think Schumacher has a very competetive car on the market.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the backup guys.

Paul, Is it legal to run a rubber tire at a national level race? Do you have any setups from the English on rubber?

Thanks
Old 04-21-2003, 03:19 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Great feedback guys!!!

RC....I'm not sure about rubber tires being legal, but you would be at least 2-seconds a lap slower at a national event with them.

When I get to work tomorrow I will track down some setups.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks Paul. By the way you can use my real name. Fred Perkins.

You really think I'll be that much slower. I seem to be faster on rubber tires then most people are on foams.
Old 04-21-2003, 06:34 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Hey Fred....I wasn't sure because some guys don't like too....

At a national level I have no doubt you would be at least 2 seconds a lap off, if not more!
Old 04-22-2003, 04:51 PM
Tech Champion

Well in that case could you email me your foam setup.
Thanks
Old 04-22-2003, 09:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Just got the r12 and I am looking for a baseline set-up for high bite track on foams,any help would be great.Thanks Doug
Old 04-23-2003, 12:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Doug!

Whats up!! I'm glad to see you've "seen the light!" Sorry I don't have a setup for you just yet, I'm putting mine together this week! Are you guys running foams or rubber at Stockton? Let me know what you think of the car. The guys at schumacher told me to start with the kit setup (I believe it was the foam setup) and go from there. Glad to see your post, take care!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.