Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher R12 Fusion

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by olev
Z - it's really fun to read your howto's, but in all honesty, I think you're alone with the car... the R12 has been dead for years and we should let it rest in peace. Just makes me wonder if you really REALLY have nothing better to do with your time than to write howto's about a car that nobody runs any more
This post made my day....

There is a reason cars are discontinued and replaced by re-engineered cars.

Sometimes the problems far outweigh the possible solutions.

Just ask Tony Stark and why he redesigned the Mark One completely....

But honestly, I have to wonder like olev... Don't you have anything else to do??? (sorry, couldn't help it)
Old 08-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Z24
Tech Adept

OK Z, focus, focus on the mission.

Solutions:

1. The rear Diff screw got torn apart when I was using the front Spool. I change it to front diff balls and and new diff screw and all went alright. Maybe using a titanium high tensile diff screw should do the trick. I'll check and test this later.

2. For the 1st Speed oneway hub. It just happened once, I used another one that I had and haven't had problems anymore. But with the damage one what I did is to put some epoxy glue on the hub case later put the oneway bearing in it. Later need to make some tests.

Just make sure to remove any remain epoxy glue on the back of the oneway hub. Otherwise the transmission will react funny.

3. OK this is tricky one. Had to replace the inner pin from the layshaft pulley for a big and stronger pin. Where's there's no sing of this part anyplace from the manual of the R12. You just had to buy a whole new layshaft that cost you for about $30 for a broken pin and this part it's all gone, hard to find this sparepart. Well if you are one of those don't trash your layshaft here's the solution.

First, just remove the outer side fence of the pulley with a wrench. And take the pin out.

Here is the whole separate layshaft with and old and new pin. And a drill inside the hole of the pulley.

This is the drill

The drill from another view

These are the pins. If you see the left side it's the newer and stronger one. And right is the stock one. No wonder it broke so easy. Don't ask me what kind of materials and tools are. I just got it from a friends of friend of mine. Soo.. I'll ask him later what material and what tools are these.

Well you'll already know what to do. Just make a bigger hole with the drill on the pulley and on the outer side hole of the shaft, where the pulley it's connected. Then you later need to cut the bigger pin to match the size of the stock one so it can enters correctly on the pulley and the shaft.

Bigger and stronger pin inside the pulley and the shaft.

Put everything back in place and you're layshaft is reinforced and finished. No more broken pins.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

anybody here still running their r12? just picked up a brand new one. any suggestion i should do before running this? thanks for any info
Old 12-20-2011, 09:41 AM
Z24
Tech Adept

Smile

Originally Posted by rowveg36
anybody here still running their r12? just picked up a brand new one. any suggestion i should do before running this? thanks for any info
Hi rowveg36 and glad to have you here. Before asking any questions or sugestions about the R12. I recommend that u read this section at the end of this page
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...fusion-33.html
or go directly to this link at the schumacher forum site for positive feedback,
http://forum.racing-cars.com/forum_p...sues-and-fixes
because u got lot work to do before u want to use this car. But u may be lucky thou. Heard people not having any issues with this car at all. Specially pro drivers like Paul Wynn when he represented schumacher when this cars where new on the market.

I might not answer all your questions but they are all welcome.

Z
Old 08-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Z24
Tech Adept

Hi again guys. I've been off for a while, but here I'm again. I've been doing some updates to my R12 through the time. So here they are, hope you like it guys. I'm not getting to the details at the moment. Just to show the pictures what's new with my R12.

Mods
Big Bore Shocks
Low Profile KFactory Gas Tank
Front Roll Center Mod
Rear Roll Center Mod
Rulon or Red Shoes for the SPM Clutch (More Acceleration) And fine tuning adjustement to mesh with spur gears.

Smile

Cheers!

Z

Big Bore Shocks

Low Profile KFactory Gas Tank

Front Roll Center Mod

Rear Roll Center Mod

Rulon Red Clutch Shoes for more acceleration

Old 08-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice looking car! Back when this thing came out I was bashing a Tamiya tl01 smacking curbs lol. Have you thought about stripping the purple anodize? I wonder Why this chassis wasn't popular..
Old 08-19-2012, 11:12 PM
Z24
Tech Adept

Last but no least. Had to do this with the 1st Speed One Way bearing, because it just won't withstand the force that generates from the SPM clutch after couple of runs. It seems that the one way bearing it's glued with CA so I used Locktight Marine Epoxy glue and see if doesn't comes off again. Already test it though for an hour and didn't come off. There's might be another way to tight that oneway bearing in the housing using a grub screw but it's more risky. But for now let's see what happens with the locktight marine glue on my next race.

Last edited by Z24; 09-17-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Z24
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Im going to have to dig in my garage and bring this car out of retirement
Well?? So.. what happened? Haven't you said to bring back the R12 from retirement? lol

I'm gonna have a race this weekend and going to race my R12 Team just for fun like the old days. Probably the car would make a DNS or a DNF for sure, but I don't care, I have a serpent just in case hehehe.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:58 PM
Z24
Tech Adept

Here's what happened couple of weeks ago, when I run my R12 at my local rc track. It Qualified 5th in the A MAIN. But did not finished due to engine problems so yes it's a DNS. But it was a fast car though. Here's some pics: enjoy

Before the race

Racing time

Old 09-17-2012, 03:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Pics on this thread soon

Hi Z24, pics on this thread soon.
BJ
Old 09-17-2012, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z24
Well?? So.. what happened? Haven't you said to bring back the R12 from retirement? lol

I'm gonna have a race this weekend and going to race my R12 Team just for fun like the old days. Probably the car would make a DNS or a DNF for sure, but I don't care, I have a serpent just in case hehehe.
I can't find mine I think I let my friend use it a few years back I need to make some phone calls

Your car looks good , send it to me so I can run it
Old 09-18-2012, 06:35 AM
Z24
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by grassrootsracer
Hi Z24, pics on this thread soon.
BJ
Cool mate.

Waiting for them. Post those pics as soon as you can.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Z24
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
I can't find mine I think I let my friend use it a few years back I need to make some phone calls

Your car looks good , send it to me so I can run it

Man Marcos!! Nice and glad to know you still around here again. Wow, cool, like the old days. Hahaha Where the heck have you been?? I've been looking for you some time ago.

Man you should start making those phone call's ASAP. But if you can't find yours, yeaah I can send you my car no problem at all, honestly. It would be a pleasure to do it. But promise me you send it back to me again heheh

I still have another R12 spare fully functional if you like, or you can ask for grassrootsracer, you'll be surprise that we are not the only ones love to death for these cars, even though they're old, not the fastest, nor the greatest car out there.

You know what was the best part from my race? I was competing with mugen's MTX4R and 5, serpent's 733, 747, the new goat cars, and lots of XRAY's. And people were talking about and wondering how a car from almost 10 years, can still kick sum BUTT!!

Cheers.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Z24
Man Marcos!! Nice and glad to know you still around here again. Wow, cool, like the old days. Hahaha Where the heck have you been?? I've been looking for you some time ago.

Man you should start making those phone call's ASAP. But if you can't find yours, yeaah I can send you my car no problem at all, honestly. It would be a pleasure to do it. But promise me you send it back to me again heheh

I still have another R12 spare fully functional if you like, or you can ask for grassrootsracer, you'll be surprise that we are not the only ones love to death for these cars, even though they're old, not the fastest, nor the greatest car out there.

You know what was the best part from my race? I was competing with mugen's MTX4R and 5, serpent's 733, 747, the new goat cars, and lots of XRAY's. And people were talking about and wondering how a car from almost 10 years, can still kick sum BUTT!!

Cheers.
send it Ill send it back when im done
Old 09-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

man I miss my car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.