Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher R12 Fusion

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by Z24
I my gosh, soo what could it be.. What i'm doing wrong. Do you know i'm using an HPI BELT replacing the Schumacher one, with an HPI part number A848B cuz it's inexpensive. it cost me around 6 bucks, and the Schumacher cost the double ($11.99) . Oh well ok. And any idea how the engine braking works?
i used the hpi belt also on my r-12!!!
Old 06-25-2004, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

check out the R-12 in the wet!!!
Old 06-25-2004, 05:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Personally I dont use the engine braking. Havent messed with it.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
check out the R-12 in the wet!!!
im pretty sure that this is Andy Wallis R-12
Old 06-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default da wet

cool pic! more please....
Old 06-25-2004, 07:21 PM
Z24
Tech Adept

Wink

Marcos.S710: I knew I wasn't the only one with with the rear belt issue. And you to are using the HPI belt heheheh. And you're R12 keeps breaking the rear belt? Mines keep's doing it some couple of times. But the cool thing the HPI Belt seems to be a little bit stronger than the Schumacher one. Coool, race on the rain, I would loved to do that some time. What race was that? and where?

RC OLD MAN: You should try to mess around with the engine braking system and see what happens. The E.B.S it relly works because I use the grub screw and losen all and then just tight it just a little bit. And when I run the car on the strait away, I make some braking zones and the R12 starts to get side ways , but if you hit the brake all to end it spins like it was using one way . So.. later then, I did the oppositive, I tight the grub screw all the way down, and when you do that, when you make you're braking zones, the R12 brakes very smooth. But doing that disable's te E.B.S. But like I was saying, try to play with the E.B.S, and see what happens to you're R12. But just in case, try to buy the HPI belt so you don't have to spend 10 or 12 bucks for the Schumacher Belt. Just make sure to make the grub screw at the point that is working right now. You don't have to make all this things if you want to. Just telling, in case you want to experiment with the E.B.S. But if you do... I would like to know the results.

The E.B.S really works and it's a great tool, we just don't feel it or notice. But there somes changes.

If the E.B.S is the cause of the REAR BELT, Schumacher needs to verify again and make some testing using the E.B.S.

just my 2 cents.

seeya online. bye

Angel Rosario
Rookie R12 Driver
Old 06-25-2004, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Z24
Marcos.S710: I knew I wasn't the only one with with the rear belt issue. And you to are using the HPI belt heheheh. And you're R12 keeps breaking the rear belt? Mines keep's doing it some couple of times. But the cool thing the HPI Belt seems to be a little bit stronger than the Schumacher one. Coool, race on the rain, I would loved to do that some time. What race was that? and where?

RC OLD MAN: You should try to mess around with the engine braking system and see what happens. The E.B.S it relly works because I use the grub screw and losen all and then just tight it just a little bit. And when I run the car on the strait away, I make some braking zones and the R12 starts to get side ways , but if you hit the brake all to end it spins like it was using one way . So.. later then, I did the oppositive, I tight the grub screw all the way down, and when you do that, when you make you're braking zones, the R12 brakes very smooth. But doing that disable's te E.B.S. But like I was saying, try to play with the E.B.S, and see what happens to you're R12. But just in case, try to buy the HPI belt so you don't have to spend 10 or 12 bucks for the Schumacher Belt. Just make sure to make the grub screw at the point that is working right now. You don't have to make all this things if you want to. Just telling, in case you want to experiment with the E.B.S. But if you do... I would like to know the results.

The E.B.S really works and it's a great tool, we just don't feel it or notice. But there somes changes.

If the E.B.S is the cause of the REAR BELT, Schumacher needs to verify again and make some testing using the E.B.S.

just my 2 cents.

seeya online. bye

Angel Rosario
Rookie R12 Driver
yes the hpi belt lasted longer when i had the r-12, that race was in england i believe i think it was a british cup series , i think , icould be wrong
Old 06-25-2004, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

I dont use brakes very much. And when I do its to get the car side ways, but if I get a chance this weekend I will give it a try.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:25 PM
Z24
Tech Adept

Smile

RC OLD MAN: Are you using oneway or ball diff? Hmm... it goes sideways.... , maybe this is your chance to check the E.B.S. But if you're using oneway I think this wont resolve much, but if you're using ball diff try to tight the grub screw till it locks, and see if it keeps braking sideways. Good luck with braking.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by RC Old Man
I dont use brakes very much. And when I do its to get the car side ways, but if I get a chance this weekend I will give it a try.
when i had my R-12 with the one way it never when sideways when i hit the brakes, that R-12 had awsome brakes with the oneway, Im going to call Paul and ask him about the new R-12 kit, I may just get another one
Old 06-25-2004, 09:33 PM
Z24
Tech Adept

Cool

This is Paul's little schumi, I say about 85% of alloy in this car. An impressive car and beautiful , I wish I could by one of those, but for now i'll stay with mine for a while.

And Marcos, i'm using right now ball diff and the car brakes even better. I don't really like oneway, i know it's the best tool for cornering, but to sacrifice the braking, it just put me on thoughts. Isn't my style. I love to make treshold braking . Most of the pass you make it on braking on the strait away, well in my opinion though. But each driver drive their own style.

well seeya later ,bye.

Angel Rosario
Rookie R12 driver
Old 06-25-2004, 09:35 PM
Z24
Tech Adept

Unhappy HELP!

How can i send a pic from my puter?
Old 06-25-2004, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: HELP!

Originally posted by Z24
here is a picture of my old R-12
Old 06-25-2004, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: HELP!

Originally posted by Z24
put it as an attachment!
Old 06-26-2004, 04:17 AM
Z24
Tech Adept

sorry, it says the files is to big. D@@M. We have to say to Paul Wynn to post his pic of his little schumi.

Marcos, yours is beautiful a well to. NICE, I'l try to post some pictures from mines later. But right now, i'm going to make some test drive at the race track. Practicing for the Latin Cup.

Well I'll come back later today. seeya online.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.