Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to nitro need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 01:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default New to nitro need some advice

Hey guys just found out that there is an outdoor track near me and I want to start running nitro 1:10 scale touring cars. I want to buy a RTR kit, I dont want to end up spending over $1000 on a car buying parts separetly. (car kit/ engine/ servos/ etc) So I need some advice, which RTR kit would you guys buy. I want something most people run competition wise. I want a rtr kit where it puts me on a good platform, starting off. I dont want a cruddy kit and then end up having to buy some other car later on.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

IMOH the best RTR kit is the Team Magic G4S
only $389 USD no other RTR comes even close with quilty
click Here
Old 06-07-2007, 02:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

wow pretty impressed! I just want to see what other people think before I buy one.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Best RTR on the market imo.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone know if the RTR kit comes with treaded shocks? Anything aluminum? Also I am dying to see some up close pics of this RTR Kit so that I know what I will be getting. If anyone has some pics up close please post. Thanks
Old 06-07-2007, 02:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

this is the TM website http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/index.jsp?tag=main
best bet is to look there
Old 06-07-2007, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

G4S RTR is the BEST bet
Old 06-07-2007, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Better look at what your local hobby shop carries in parts for the car or plan on stocking up on parts for whatever car you end up getting. If you have to buy a kit and pipe and motor, it might be better in the long to get something that the hobby store carries parts for. Not fun next day airing parts so you can runn on the next race day. My 2 cents.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would have to say just on the parts support side that the Asc Nitro tc3 is a good bet, its competetive but requires alot of matinence to stay that way. But as with all the ready to runs , nothin beats a full blown race car!
Old 06-08-2007, 04:16 AM

My advise is to go to the track on a race day and ask a lot of questions.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default nitro help

my 2 cents
the team magic is a awesome car, but are you new to nitro or new to rc racing? if you are new to the sport all together i would go with something more simple, like a NTC3, dependable car and easy to work on , not nearly as many suspension adjustments. Alot easier to get to handle well, However if you are not new to rc the belt drive cars are extremely fast.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

no ive been doing electric 1:10 scale for awhile naw. But havent really paid much attention to the nitro scene.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by whitevomr
Hey guys just found out that there is an outdoor track near me and I want to start running nitro 1:10 scale touring cars. I want to buy a RTR kit, I dont want to end up spending over $1000 on a car buying parts separetly. (car kit/ engine/ servos/ etc) So I need some advice, which RTR kit would you guys buy. I want something most people run competition wise. I want a rtr kit where it puts me on a good platform, starting off. I dont want a cruddy kit and then end up having to buy some other car later on.
I wouldn't buy one i would buy a car that you can have help with buy the mugan or serpent or kyosho. Make the investment early. If you dont In three weeks you will do it anyway. you can shop furgelly but get the car you want, not just a car. buy a pico jl red dot motor, nitro house sell them for $180. buy on of the dsm radio system they are about the same. the servos that come with can be used for throddle. the ready to run you wont find these cars at the track they wont work as well you wont be happy. get the predominate car there getto the faster guy get as much info as possible . injoy yourself dont furstrate your self. This is all about fun

Last edited by new3; 06-08-2007 at 02:12 PM. Reason: poor typing
Old 06-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks alot for the advice. Im gonna sleep on it.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Buying an RTR is not the best way to get into racing. Especially if your expeirenced in electric RC's. As a rule the best cars aren't available RTR. The G4S is the exception, but who is distributing it now (Not trinity) For my money there is only three choices and they dont come RTR. serpent, mugen, xray. The associated car is dead.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.