R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   help please about buying (first car) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/16726-help-please-about-buying-first-car.html)

rabbidWolverine 04-20-2003 06:51 AM

help please about buying (first car)

im new to this sort of models i like them quite a lot im going to get my son into it as my self .the model kit im buying for my self and son would you say that the motor for it will be fast enough or should i improve it some how

sparksy 04-20-2003 07:13 AM

depends on what you are getting.....

AndrewtheRCman 04-20-2003 07:54 AM

well obviously he wants a touring car of some type

i personally suggest an NTC3 rtr. the engine has enough kick to make it interesting for awhile, but is controllable so your not totally suprised. it is my first nitro TC, of course ive had quite a few rc cars and mine runs circles aroun stock NTC3s with its first gear :nod:

the car has great potential as well. what i would suggest with the rtr is though, is go out and buy some proline/traxxas V-rage tires or maybe some of those HPI radials

the ones that come on the rtr arent that good, mine have actualy gained traction now that they are nearly bald

eddiethefish 04-21-2003 12:34 PM

My humble suggestion would be to get the car that fit best with your budget.:)

XtremeMDX 04-23-2003 11:36 PM

My suggestion......

Check your LHS and see which car they have the spare parts support for. The shaft cars, HPI 3, AE NTC3,Ofna LD3, the new Yokomo(not out yet I think), and a few others are less maintenance compared to belt driven cars. This is based on my experience of owning both types. If you are on a budget or unsure if you will stay with this line of rc then get the rtr versions but if you are willing to spend a little more $ then the kit would be better especially if you are contemplating of racing or competing not to say you can not do that to the rtr as well, I just think even though the kit version will cost you a lot in the beginning it would be more cost effective to go with the kit in the long run. Base the parts and brand support # 1 ,then list the features you like based on what you think is most important to you, choose the top 3 personal choice then compare their features and what you get for your $. If racing is in your future then go to your local race track and check out what the top guns are racing.

rabbidWolverine 04-24-2003 01:07 AM

thanks for every ones help

just wanted to let every one know that they have been a great help about letting me know what things i should look for in buying my first car for my self and my son lots of thanks to all if i need any more info about the cars or parts i know where to come then ..........

cHckbOY5 04-24-2003 03:03 AM

wat new yok?

XtremeMDX 04-25-2003 08:05 PM

New Yok

SorryI forgot the New Yok is electric but there were rumors that the gas version is not far behind.

XtremeMDX 04-27-2003 01:49 PM

Any updates.....

Hi RabbidWolverine,
Got any updates on what car your decided on. Good luck on your decision and I hope we were able to contribute something to your decision. Remember we're always here to offer support, you know where to ask if you have questions or you need help. We hope to hear from you soon.

rrgt_kid 04-28-2003 03:40 AM

go a vone s or vone r/rr