Wiki Posts
Search

Turbo "fanned" Crank

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Default Turbo "fanned" Crank

Guys;

I think this is simply GREAT that someone would be creative enough to come up with this idea (and it works). My suggestion would be to immediately start on a Patent request, before someone Steals your idea.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:14 AM
Tech Addict

So it seems EFRA has the same older rules that ROAR used to follow. The 7mm/.5 rule doesn'r exist anymore as far as ROAR is concerned. I am not sure what IFMAR allows now but they often follow EFRA rulebook on most items as far as I have seen. I will check and see what I can find.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Yeah, Efra followed IFMAR this year with the 7mm/0.5mm rule and really hurt a lot of us guys. Many of us had to get new engines to run at National level and our older engines are only good for club racing now. If you check the EFRA AGM minutes you will find that some of the engine manufacturers actually contested many of the rules as they believed the engines would become unreliable due to their size (.12 in particular)
Old 04-23-2003, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by modellor
If you check the EFRA AGM minutes you will find that some of the engine manufacturers actually contested many of the rules as they believed the engines would become unreliable due to their size (.12 in particular)
If not remember bad, that was E.Picco stating that enforcing a 5.0mm carburetor could hurt the reliability and performance of the engines mainly related to a temperature issue. Efra accepted to use 5.5mm carbs rather than the 5.0mm they planned to name 'EFRA legal'.

This just amazed me that the height on the exhaust port was left free meanwhile in the past stated a 4.5mm exhaust height. This is what gave more difference between 'old' and 'new' engines rather than carb or crank issues.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Corse-R
If not remember bad, that was E.Picco stating that enforcing a 5.0mm carburetor could hurt the reliability and performance of the engines mainly related to a temperature issue. Efra accepted to use 5.5mm carbs rather than the 5.0mm they planned to name 'EFRA legal'.

This just amazed me that the height on the exhaust port was left free meanwhile in the past stated a 4.5mm exhaust height. This is what gave more difference between 'old' and 'new' engines rather than carb or crank issues.
That was the statements I was relating to. Just glad he got his motion agreed. It would have put a big hole in everyones pocket to have to replace every carb in Europe .
Old 04-23-2003, 08:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

the 'turbo crank' or fan crank idea isn't a new idea....it has been tried on various different 2 stroke engines for probably the last 20 years.

I've never heard of it working before, but then again, most 2 stroke performance engines don't turn 30,000+ RPM's either..
Old 04-23-2003, 09:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default MMMMMM!!!

Really interesting conversation guys but the rest of the world would like to see what the hell it is you are all talking about,
how about some picks ,
Thankx!!
Old 04-23-2003, 09:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

just picture fan blades sort of like are on a blower motor in a car on the crank. Or perhaps vanes that are on a turbo. When the crank turns, they turn, and supposedly move fuel/air mixture through the motor faster and harder.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

1,000,000 iPods

Last edited by DanielSon; 04-09-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs down

"

Last edited by DanielSon; 04-24-2003 at 03:14 AM.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

that is pretty cool

i have a smeltz modded sirio that he has done quite alot of crank work to also

of course not like that

but my point was to say it gets extremely good gas mileage

i finished my qualifier with almost 1/2 a tank of fuel in my mtx3
Old 04-23-2003, 12:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default crank

Will you be selling any of those cranks?
Old 04-23-2003, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

are you going to sell those cranks
Old 04-23-2003, 10:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default Amazing work......

How much will you charge to do the crank mod on my outlaw engine? It's a Novarossi S5 (5 port turbo) .12 engine. I'm pretty sure there are some guys out in my LHS that would be interested with this mod. What other engine mods do you guys do, DanielSon? I am very impressed by your work. I am planning to get the legal version of my outlaw engine a Novarossi S3 which I plan to mod as well. Let me know I know a few guys that would be very excited with the news if you guys would be willing to do such work for a few of us. I am in within your area so getting the motor to you would not be a problem.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: MMMMMM!!!

Originally posted by kickass
Really interesting conversation guys but the rest of the world would like to see what the hell it is you are all talking about,
how about some picks ,
Thankx!!
alex i've got the pics i saved them so i could try it out myself. pm a email so can send em to ya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.