Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Carburetor Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation Carburetor Help

I have been trying to start my engine for some time now and now that I think I'm pretty close, I cannot operate my carburetor by ways of the throttle servo/bell. The bell moves, but it does not open or close the carb a lot, and it seems as if my low speed needle is sinking back into the carb??? please any help would be very much appreciated
Old 06-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

bump, come on guys please!
Old 06-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Have you already tried adjusting the throttle end points on your transmitter?

What car, radio and engine are you using???
Old 06-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well, elec. isn't an issue right now, all I'm doing is playing with the bell on the end of the carb and the slide isn't opening correctly...Hpi Nitro Rs4 3 18ss, Nitro Star 18ss small block, futaba radio and elec.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

I beleive that you have a rotary carb not a slide carb. It this is true, then try tightening the screw that attaches the arm to the carb.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RaceANissan616
I have been trying to start my engine for some time now and now that I think I'm pretty close, I cannot operate my carburetor by ways of the throttle servo/bell. The bell moves, but it does not open or close the carb a lot, and it seems as if my low speed needle is sinking back into the carb??? please any help would be very much appreciated
Well some more info is definately needed here it seems. As someone else already pointed out, we need to know the engine and type of vehicle at least in order to help out. Also, by "bell" are u referring to the slide part of the carb itself, or something else?
Old 06-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Also, if u have a computer radio as it seems quite a few peep these days so, try re-adjusting the endpoints for the throttle/brake servo using the radio's instructions.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

sorry I probably didn't provide enough details, it is a rotary carb, I used the wrong word, not the slide, the opening where the air goes into the carb...I have an analog futaba radio and I do NOT have an issue with electronics, and what exactly do I tighten, and if it's by the LSN I have tried to tighten it but it either makes the carb impossible to open or it doesn't move...The bell I am referring to is the one that is at the end of the carb by the LSN which has the ball cup that connects to the throttle servo and such. thanks
Old 06-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

From what you are describing, you pull the arm on the carb while looking down into the carb neck and you don't see the carb opening up. If this is what is happening, the arm thats connected to your carb needs to be tightened. This is NOT the idle adjust screw or either of the screws to adjust the fuel mixture.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes, but the only way to tighten the "bell" to move the carb opening is to tighten the nut around the LSN, not the LSN, but there is a nut around it that tightens this bell towards the carb...if this is tightened however, the carb becomes immobile, I can't find a happy medium :sad:...And the carb kinda moves a little bit but then it stops, I don't really know how to explain it better than that...sorry, help would be appreciated
Old 06-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Did you take apart the carb? Either the "arm" (not bell) is getting pinched against the carb body or the "rotor" assembly that is supposed to turn inside of the carb is stuck or jambed.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

No i didn't really touch it, apart from taking the nut off from the 'arm' haha...i don't know what all those parts are inside, and there is a nut at the other end of the carb, I didn't know what it was at the time but I'm getting worried taht it was the middle speed needle??

And there's my carb...i don't know if you can tell what I'm talking about or not, but I hope that helps... thanks
Old 06-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

No i didn't really touch it, apart from taking the nut off from the 'arm' haha...i don't know what all those parts are inside, and there is a nut at the other end of the carb, I didn't know what it was at the time but I'm getting worried taht it was the middle speed needle??

And there's my carb...i don't know if you can tell what I'm talking about or not, but I hope that helps... thanks
-there shouldn't be a middle speed needle. there should be a nut that holds the carb. lever tight to the "barrel" that rotates inside the carb. body. if this nut is loose the servo will move the "lever" but not the barrel. tighten this nut and put a little loctite blue on it and you should be good. lookk at item 1 in this os exploded view..yours should be similar....... http://www.osengines.com/parts/ev11620aa.pdf
Old 06-06-2007, 04:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

haha I think I have all the terms down now, I tightened the nut yesterday, but when I did that I couldn't move the arm at all, in effect not moving the barrel of the carb...Also I had noticed that my LSN has moved further into the carb when I was messing around with that nut, does this have anything to do with the odd barrel movements? (sticking, clicking, not moving at all)
Old 06-06-2007, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

haha I think I have all the terms down now, I tightened the nut yesterday, but when I did that I couldn't move the arm at all, in effect not moving the barrel of the carb...Also I had noticed that my LSN has moved further into the carb when I was messing around with that nut, does this have anything to do with the odd barrel movements? (sticking, clicking, not moving at all)
-maybe the barrel is sticking in the carb body. i have an old os that i dug out and the barrel was sticking in the body. gummed up with fuel/oil. you may want to take the carb completely apart, clean thoroughly and start over.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.