Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Carb cleaning/rebuilding >

Carb cleaning/rebuilding

Carb cleaning/rebuilding

Old 06-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default Carb cleaning/rebuilding

I have an OS CVR thats not running well. I think the carb is dirty but I've never rebuilt one. Any pointers?
Old 06-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Carb cleaning

I run O.S. CVR 15 motors myself, and I have had problems with the motor free revving when I back off. I tried everything, making sure there were no leaks anywhere, cleaning the carburetors, etc.. The only way that I have been able to fix it, is by using the original 10E-R rotary carb. I prefer it if I could use the 10C slide carb, but I get the problems with free revving if I use one. I have also tried a slide carburetor from another manufacturer with and had similar problems. What is the nature of your problem?

Cleaning the carb is easy, just pull it apart and clean it. There is an exploded view of both the 10C and the 10E-R carburetors at http://www.rctech.net/forum/newreply...te=1&p=3359343
pages 29 and 30.

Good luck,
Chickentrader
Old 06-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bozla
I have an OS CVR thats not running well. I think the carb is dirty but I've never rebuilt one. Any pointers?
-also may want to use a little oxygen sensor safe silicone (Permatex Ultra Copper is what i use)at the carb/case. Also if you pull the backplate, use a new gasket/silicone there also. gaskets are cheap. an air leak will make you go electric...........
Old 06-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Tech Adept

Motor reving on returning to idle is often a sign that your low end is lean.
The carbs are really simple though just make sure you have no dirt in the neadle though.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Carb cleaning/rebuilding

I it had been as simple as a bottom end adjustment, ShrekNZ. The most experienced people in my club had a go at tuning it, and the only advice that they could come up with was to look for leaks and replace everything which could be replaced, and try again after each change. I own two 15 CV-X motors and both had the same problems. I have two 10C slide carbs, a Force 15 Engine carb and two 10E-R rotary carbs, and I can only get the rotary carbs to work properly with these motors, and they work beautifully. Any suggestion of how to make the slide carburettors to work, other simple tuning; would be welcome however.

Kindest regards,
Chickentrader.