Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-2

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2002, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Tyres

ok then anyone got some good rubber tyre info for the uk??
Old 03-18-2002, 11:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

I also can testify! I have done so many cart wheels with my mugen its not even funny. Last weekend was the worst it must have tumbled 20 times!! And as a cople of fellow racers ran out on the track to grab it from being hit becasue they just knew it was gonna be all broken up. The last tumble it took it landed right side up and a few revs of the gas and i drove the car perfectly fine to the pit area to check it out. They were amazed!! Needless to say I was too
Old 03-18-2002, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Mr MTX
I also can testify! I have done so many cart wheels with my mugen its not even funny. Last weekend was the worst it must have tumbled 20 times!! And as a cople of fellow racers ran out on the track to grab it from being hit becasue they just knew it was gonna be all broken up. The last tumble it took it landed right side up and a few revs of the gas and i drove the car perfectly fine to the pit area to check it out. They were amazed!! Needless to say I was too
I had some pretty hard hit on my MTX-2, but I havent broken a thing, let me rephrase, I only break one part after 9 months of hard hitting! , Front left upright.
Old 03-18-2002, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default A stupid ?

the short springs are for the front and long are for the rear right???
Old 03-18-2002, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: A stupid ?

Originally posted by carpet_killa
the short springs are for the front and long are for the rear right???
Yes.....
Old 03-18-2002, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: A stupid ?

Originally posted by Manticore

Yes.....
thank you buddy!!! just looked over it in the directions. i am not use to different lengths in springs. thanks again. chris
Old 03-18-2002, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Default going to fire it up tomorrow if weather permits me too !!

hey guys i got this trinity nimh 5 cell battery pack for my mtx-2 , but i am not sure how long to charge it . it came with out instructions, it looked repackaged. but i am using a wall charger for nimh 5 cell battery packs (ofna). it has a light that comes on when you plug it in. does it go off when it is done or what ? thanks for the info.....
Old 03-18-2002, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: going to fire it up tomorrow if weather permits me too !!

hey guys i got this trinity nimh 5 cell battery pack for my mtx-2 , but i am not sure how long to charge it . it came with out instructions, it looked repackaged. but i am using a wall charger for nimh 5 cell battery packs (ofna). it has a light that comes on when you plug it in. does it go off when it is done or what ? thanks for the info.....
I usually charge overnight. Those wall chargers are slow chargers which doesn't do much harm if left for a reasonable amount of time. I wouldn't leave charging more than a day though (24 hours)
Old 03-19-2002, 12:56 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: going to fire it up tomorrow if weather permits me too !!

check the output rate of your wall charger and work out exact charge time but you might like to add 10 to 20% more time to ensure fully charge.
Old 03-19-2002, 01:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Have any of you switched form 20% Nitro to 30%?? Any pointers I should know? I been told treat the engine as if ti was new and re break it in. Any commenst would help.

Old 03-19-2002, 02:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default engines

ok i have a rossi rs12 and have trouble with the front bearing leaking what do you suggest Makes etc
Tried Rossis high spec one but still the same
Old 03-19-2002, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Mr MTX

Usually whenever you switch fuels, it's a good idea to run a couple tanks through at a "break in" pace to allow the residue from the old fuel to be replaced with that of the new fuel.
Old 03-19-2002, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by psycho
Mr MTX

Usually whenever you switch fuels, it's a good idea to run a couple tanks through at a "break in" pace to allow the residue from the old fuel to be replaced with that of the new fuel.
dont quite understand your logic behind!!

different % of nitro fuel has the same component. i.e. same lube, same cleansing agent, same nitro, same metho......... but different %.
Old 03-19-2002, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: engines

Originally posted by Cartman
ok i have a rossi rs12 and have trouble with the front bearing leaking what do you suggest Makes etc
Tried Rossis high spec one but still the same
i have the same problem with my RS about fuel leaking when it is NEW. after i reseat the bearings with the novarossi bearing alignment tool, the leaking stops.
Old 03-19-2002, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: engines

Originally posted by Manticore

i have the same problem with my RS about fuel leaking when it is NEW. after i reseat the bearings with the novarossi bearing alignment tool, the leaking stops.
manti, u are really pro. u have bearing alignment tools too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.