Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-2

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Motorman
Moon of course I wouldn't,
I'm simply saying you will get tired of paying 13 dollars US an arm for serpent parts. Not to mention all right and left parts are non interchangable so you will need to have alot of spare parts to have one of each incase of an unforseen breakage. You'll spend 500 plus for an inventory of 1 spare of each. You blow the corner off your impulse you WILL spend 60 dollars maybe 80 if you trash a bulkhead.

Remember your mugen 8 dollars for a whole set and they fit on the left and the right You could buy almost every part for your mugen except the chassis and engine for 150. you blow a corner off your mugen you might spend 20.

I'm on both sides so I know first hand. I own serpents and mugens.

I am also saying that I have so much invested in serpent spare parts that I know I will take a bath when I turn those cars over. I would like to go to an MRX3 but the investment loss to drop my Vector would be real painfull.

At's my point. All I'm telling you is to get prepared for that. $$$$$$

Food for thought, Its not a car thing except the serpent uses heavy parts and their big $$$
I think your discussion was with Novarossi not Moon (Manticore) on the Serpent.

Moon I saved your arse again.
Old 01-04-2002, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: front one-way+rear solid axle for MTX2

Originally posted by Manticore

how was it? you didnt say anything about it??
No on power steering on tight track until the rear slides out.
Old 01-04-2002, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Forum Tech question

Originally posted by click, dublin
Hi,

Does anybody know how to search within a specific forum i.e. MTX-2?

The search utility lets you search the Nitro Forum.

Am I missing something basic or is this a limitation?

Thanks in advance

Click, Dublin
I don't think you can do that. You cn search only in the pull down list. Ask or PM futureal about it. He owns the site.

You can search for posts from a particular person by clicking on the "Search" in one of his/her posts.

Last edited by Sydewynder; 01-04-2002 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-04-2002, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Sydewynder

Sounds like ordering through inside connections or from HK (Manticore?). Foams are 1/2 price in HK versus the US also.
we pay US$14 per set of 2 pairs of FAST tire here !!!
Old 01-04-2002, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

I know I got foams last time I was back. People in the US pays $14 to $18US for ONE set, 2 WHEELS/TIRES.
Old 01-05-2002, 01:27 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Manit, do u guys run 32s in ur rear back there? If so, how u do it without scratching the knuckle arms link??
Old 01-05-2002, 07:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Mauler

Hey Manit, do u guys run 32s in ur rear back there? If so, how u do it without scratching the knuckle arms link??
we use 30mm rear !! plus I have the kawahara rear short a-arm conversion so i dont need to shave up the rear upright !

Fok: by the way, the rear solid axle rocks !
Old 01-05-2002, 07:05 AM
Tech Champion

I know I got foams last time I was back. People in the US pays $14 to $18US for ONE set, 2 WHEELS/TIRES.
well, are you coming here this or next month? you can ship a lot of foam tires back to USA soon !
Old 01-05-2002, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

we use 30mm rear !! plus I have the kawahara rear short a-arm conversion so i dont need to shave up the rear upright !

So I see u guys there are throwing away all ur old diffs! Save up the mess and power down the straights! Solid axial in the rear is way too cool! Way too hot if u like it!!
Old 01-05-2002, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Well I ran a solid rear, one-way front, overdrive, and 32 rear foams. Most of the track this setup was fine. The really tight insides I got too much power push. As you know with overdrive, you'll lose some speed since it doesn't roll as free as a 1:1 ratio. I had to throttle on earlier in the turns. Well I guess I can't drive right cause it pushes. I suppose I should just let the throttle completely off and roll through it or get the rear to slide early and pivot. I found I lost so much time that I think I'll go back to the diffs at this track. As I said earlier, I drove a V1R with diffs and the front toe was all whacked and it seem faster.

We will see. It just might be more practice time but the diffs are back in the car for now.
BTW that's why I asked about the solid front.
Old 01-05-2002, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

well, are you coming here this or next month? you can ship a lot of foam tires back to USA soon !

I need some address and names from you. Maybe I'll just email.
Old 01-05-2002, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Thats got you guys talking hey ?
Old 01-05-2002, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Well I ran a solid rear, one-way front, overdrive, and 32 rear foams. Most of the track this setup was fine. The really tight insides I got too much power push. As you know with overdrive, you'll lose some speed since it doesn't roll as free as a 1:1 ratio. I had to throttle on earlier in the turns. Well I guess I can't drive right cause it pushes. I suppose I should just let the throttle completely off and roll through it or get the rear to slide early and pivot. I found I lost so much time that I think I'll go back to the diffs at this track. As I said earlier, I drove a V1R with diffs and the front toe was all whacked and it seem faster.

We will see. It just might be more practice time but the diffs are back in the car for now.
BTW that's why I asked about the solid front.
I dont have any push problem with this combination yesterday after some adjustment to the setting. the car was fast thru the corners and you need to throttle thru initial, mid and exiting corners. pick up is freaking fast due to reduction of rotation mass comparing to a standard gear diff.
Old 01-05-2002, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

I need some address and names from you. Maybe I'll just email.
I thought you were saying you will look for me by hanging up a banner?

the problem with you guys shopping in Mongkok is that the shops will not give you much discount if you look gwai lo to them or you are not their frequent customers. But anyhow the foam tires here are much less expensive then those you can get in the states or australia??
Old 01-05-2002, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

W what foam compounds were you using?
Try TRC purples on the rear and some 40 durometer ellegis donuts on the front mounted on TRC wheels. (these will wear even, fast but even. and they dont change traction when they heat up like trc reds do) go back to 28's the car will be faster.

40 ellegies on the front are the trick to the power on push or high speed turn in push problem when using the solid rear and the one way on the mtx 2. Run 1 mm smaller rear tire than the front if your using standard ratio diff gearing. Add more overdrive till the push leaves. However I think you will find 1 mm good.

The car will become a super happy camper. You should not scrub speed because of overdrive, just a little from the solid rear.
It took me a year to find the right tire combo for the mtx. Those work awesome with diffs to.

Last edited by Motorman; 01-05-2002 at 09:52 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.