Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-2

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2001, 01:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

We will be receiving a shipment of Kawahara MTX-2 hop-ups this week, including the Kawahara 2-speed system.

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 12-19-2001, 02:50 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Steve, do you accept money orders?
Old 12-19-2001, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Red face Clutch spring removal

I already chowdered a set of clutch shoes... How do I SAFELY remove the springs and shoes, with out killing the old clutch pieces..

Thanks

Rich
Old 12-19-2001, 06:38 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Clutch spring removal

Originally posted by Hard Jokur
I already chowdered a set of clutch shoes... How do I SAFELY remove the springs and shoes, with out killing the old clutch pieces..

Thanks

Rich
Stick a flat screwdriver in between the end of one of the shoes and pry that shoe open. Pull the shoe right around until you permenantly bend the spring. It should now come out. Repeat for the other two shoes (but without screwdriver!).

You may cause some minor damage to the shoes but it should be on the "back face" of the shoes and this is not too important. Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out a way of doing this without killing a set of springs!

And NO.... it is not that easy, there is usually a lot of 'F..ing' and 'Blinding' associated with the procedure!!!
Old 12-19-2001, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Manbik

A bud and I are going to set the chassis, after that I'm gona try it out at the college lot where RAMS races. ..................................

Come up to Delta RC with your bud. Mission College frowns on people running in their lot when RAMS isn't running. Something about insurance.

As for the springs, you need a very small flat blade screw driver to get the spring past the groove in the pilot shaft and at the same time slide it with the shoe off the pin. Works better with 2 people. One to pry and one to slide.

Last edited by Sydewynder; 12-19-2001 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-19-2001, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Manbik

I rebuilt then engine (well kinda), and I wasn't careful with the clutch shoes, I cracked one of them....
Yea those clutches are a pain to work on. You may want to consider the Centax clutch once you get some mileage on the car.

As far as compression... I think I had a spacer under the head. You may want to remove it if it is still there. There was another sized spacer in the box that I never used.
Old 12-20-2001, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Anybody running front solid axle, not one-way nor diff? How does it feel? On what condition should it be used?
Old 12-20-2001, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by Diva
Anybody running front solid axle, not one-way nor diff? How does it feel? On what condition should it be used?
I've run an Impluse with a solid front and rear diff. Extremely tricky to drive, and the more throttle you apply to more push your gonna get.

W Fok summed it up somewhere saying you need to steer with your throttle.

It feels like you are constantly understeering, but your not (if that make sense)
Old 12-20-2001, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Hi Dan,

We can accept money orders, and we can also do COD orders as well

The Kawahara goodies should be coming in today

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 12-21-2001, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

Default MODS to stock topdeck

I saw a mod (cant remember where)... the guy had an idler bearing installed on the stock top plate like the one on the Penguin top deck. My buddy keeps throwing his front belt (a new one at that) and he cant afford a Graphite upgrade right now.

Anyone know where to get this part?? or HOW to do the mod...

For that matter pictures of the MOD...

Thanks

Rich
Old 12-21-2001, 02:12 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Steve,

Great!!

Will be doing business soon!
Old 12-21-2001, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

We just updated our website with a ton of new hop-ups from Kawahara for the MTX-2, including the new clutch 2-speed assembly. We will receive more hop-ups end of next week for the MTX-2 including the negative rear diff. Check them out on our website, they are going really fast!

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
909-869-9443
Old 12-21-2001, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Does anyone using Penguin Carbon Fiber Upper Deck? any problem with fitting? I have heard from a few ppl on how poorly that thing fits on the MTX2, some said had to push the rear end towards the front end to make the CF upper deck to fit some said the holes dont even match up with the front bulkhead.

Just want to hear from you guys. FYI mine fits perfect and I like it alot but I might try 5star CF upper deck, heard the quality is much better. Any idea?
Old 12-22-2001, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

I got the Penguin deck with my MTX... and I kinda have to move the opposite direction... I have to push the deck a bit towards the rear to get the screws to line up... I have been looking at their website and I think I'm gona take a dive on a sheet of 3mm Graphite, ot's only $25 or so... and the size is large enuff that I can get a deck cut out of it.... I have a Cad program where I can tweek the position of things, to a layout I like... and print 1 to ! scale, the down side is trying to cut the stuff out. Maybe a Dremel Router, or a scroll saw would do the trick.

Hmmm the posibilities.......

Rich

Originally posted by Ah10
Does anyone using Penguin Carbon Fiber Upper Deck? any problem with fitting? I have heard from a few ppl on how poorly that thing fits on the MTX2, some said had to push the rear end towards the front end to make the CF upper deck to fit some said the holes dont even match up with the front bulkhead.

Just want to hear from you guys. FYI mine fits perfect and I like it alot but I might try 5star CF upper deck, heard the quality is much better. Any idea?
Old 12-22-2001, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

I got the Penguin deck with my MTX... and I kinda have to move the opposite direction... I have to push the deck a bit towards the rear to get the screws to line up... I have been looking at their website and I think I'm gona take a dive on a sheet of 3mm Graphite, ot's only $25 or so... and the size is large enuff that I can get a deck cut out of it.... I have a Cad program where I can tweek the position of things, to a layout I like... and print 1 to ! scale, the down side is trying to cut the stuff out. Maybe a Dremel Router, or a scroll saw would do the trick.

Hmmm the posibilities.......

He He I have just got myself a 5 Star carbon fiber radio tray! Will update after finish putting it on! but overall quality seems better than penguin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.