Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-2

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

To all Rctech Forum poster,

Happy Thanks Giving! have a wonderful Turkey day!

He He this one is for Manticore!

Sexy Turkey
Old 11-22-2001, 04:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Ah10
To all Rctech Forum poster,

Happy Thanks Giving! have a wonderful Turkey day!

He He this one is for Manticore!

Sexy Turkey
Thank you ah10 !!
Old 11-22-2001, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

kyosho

I haven't run my car with the diff yet. All my nitro stuff is stored for the winter. I'll let you know in Feb! Until then, it's just electric for me.
Old 11-22-2001, 11:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Feb as in Castle race? Whats up with your fw04?
Old 11-23-2001, 01:02 AM
Tech Adept

I will try 10,000wt, thanks Manti. and Nova for the help. I will see what happen soon. The gears and everything is right, I think the 30,000wt is too much. Also I am kinda piss because right after I bought the MTX-2 the pro spec came out. If I Knew it will be out soon I would have waited and save money. errrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Old 11-23-2001, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

kyosho

Yep. After the last race, I was ready to put my FW04 on Ebay, but some buddies talked me out of it. I'm going to try a few more things before I give up on it. But, that's next year...
Old 11-23-2001, 06:03 PM
Pek
Tech Rookie

Default Engine questions

I just bought the Pro-spec with the mt12.

Has anyone had problems getting a proper gear mesh. My engine has to be a little angled to get proper mesh.

For the Clutch, does the thrust brearing sit fully outside the clutch bell?

if possible please post a good picture of a setup engine.
thanks
Old 11-23-2001, 07:27 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Pek, I had the same problem with my ProSpec. I had to enlarge the rear engine mount holes in the chassis slightly to get the engine to mount straight. If you mount the engine with the two front holes it should slide foward enough to get proper gear mesh with the engine straight. Looking at the bottom of the car you can see where the rear holes need to be slightly enlarged. They seem to be a little off to one side causing the engine to sit cocked. This worked for me, hope it helps you.

Dave
Old 11-24-2001, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok guys I heard rumor of the MTX 3 again form a fairly reliable source. Anyone have any dirt. 2 weeks ago I would have bet we wouldn't see it for at least a year. (it still may be that long but I believe it is comming sooner than we think.)I heard it was going to be based on a true on road car. I also heard a couple other Manufacturers are heading that way also in the very near future.
I'm not looking to start an ugly rumor here I just have the antenna up right now planning for next year.
Anyone know anything more than that?

Last edited by Motorman; 11-24-2001 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-25-2001, 12:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

It better be more than a year as I just got my ProSpec!!
What did you mean "based on a true onroad car"? What was MTX-2 based on?
Old 11-25-2001, 02:15 AM
Tech Regular

Real car?Well wouldn't it be back to square one...as in a shaft driven 4WD... Wonder if Mugen came up with MSX 3 as a sports kit to the later released MTX 2 racing kit... BTW... anyone even had a close look at the kit? MSX 3 I mean...
Old 11-25-2001, 05:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Motorman
Ok guys I heard rumor of the MTX 3 again form a fairly reliable source. Anyone have any dirt. 2 weeks ago I would have bet we wouldn't see it for at least a year. (it still may be that long but I believe it is comming sooner than we think.)I heard it was going to be based on a true on road car. I also heard a couple other Manufacturers are heading that way also in the very near future.
I'm not looking to start an ugly rumor here I just have the antenna up right now planning for next year.
Anyone know anything more than that?
Dennis, I've also been hearing rumors about the MTX-3 now for about a month. I'm sure my sources aren't nearly as reliable as yours, but from what I've been told the MTX-3 will be based on what's been learned from the MRX-3 and have a very similar suspension setup. If that's true, it could start a whole new war in the 1.10 touring car market!!!!!

I've been holding out buying a new car myself, waiting for an "official" word. I'll be ready for a new car next season, and really want this car. I've also been told that Mugen would like to have it released by late spring/early summer, but that means we probably won't get it here in the states until atleast summer (IF they can manage to get it built that quick). You'll know when I have confirmation, I'll be placing another order for a RTU.
Old 11-25-2001, 04:42 PM
Tech Adept

I'm about to get a new nitro car. What would you folks recommend? MTX 2 or 3? Thanks!!
Old 11-25-2001, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well because their is no 3 yet I would suggest a 2 unless you want to wait till mid next year.
Old 11-26-2001, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Guys, I am going to test out my new Kawahara clutch rear diff(some ppl call it Neg Diff) today at Crystal Park. Will update all of you guys how it goes!

I am also runing Front Oneway to go with the clutch diff.

I will post my first driving impression and a real track result which I am going to do this afternoon, tonight! hope this will help ppl to set up their cars!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.