Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-2

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 11:17 PM
Tech Adept

I'm very surprised that this has not been posted yet....

On the Starting Grid's Mugen forum, "tekrsq" asked:
"All right Robbie & Tim, time to come clean. Is there a MTX-3 coming soon? Two guys at the track Sunday said they had spoken to Mugen USA and were told the C.A.D. drawings are in, and the prototype car should be ready in a few months. How about a peak at the drawings?!?!?!?"

Tim from Mugen USA answered with:
"OK there is a new car in a couple of months sorry no pictures, It will be a scaled down MRX-3"

I guess the remaining question is now, is this a new Sedan, the MTX-3 or a replacement for the Advance?

-Jason
MRX3.com
Old 08-21-2002, 03:15 AM
Tech Addict

I was hoping Robbie would send you the CAD drawings for you to post. All Tim did was put out a "tease", lol.
Old 08-21-2002, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Talked to the man (won't say wich one. don't want to get no one in trouble)a couple days ago and he sez, little mrx3. said we probably wouldn't see it here till late nov, dec. Belt has been divorced to the outside of the car (Oh happy day!) Rumor has Supposed lay down steering and a central low cg tank and battery. Still belt drive. I'm in line.

(I hope better gear ratios)
Old 08-22-2002, 12:52 AM
Tech Master

Little MRX-3? MTX-3?? Oooooooooh I can't wait.

Anyways, does anybody know if there is any non-urethane/kevlar belts available for the MTX-2? I want to reduce as much friction in the drivetrain as posible. I noticed that the Kyosho V ONE RR Have softer belts compared to the regular V ONE R.

How about reducing the width of the belts? Will this help and will it handle?

I'm building a second MTX-2 for stock class and I could use all the help in fighting those nearly friction free NTC3's. So far I have lightened the first gear hub and the brake hub/pulley and also using the Kawahara hollow middle shaft and a Kose graphite brake disc. I'm also using titanium or aluminum screws where ever I can(except for high stress areas of course).

Any other ideas?

BTW, I also own a NTC3 but I can't get it to handle in tight tracks. It's fast but not too stable. I tried everything. My other MTX-2 is glued to the track using the same tires so that is one of te reasons why i'm going back to the MTX-2.

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2002, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

"My other MTX-2 is glued to the track using the same tires so that is one of te reasons why i'm going back to the MTX-2."

Like so many others....
Old 08-22-2002, 06:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Motorman
Talked to the man (won't say wich one. don't want to get no one in trouble)a couple days ago and he sez, little mrx3. said we probably wouldn't see it here till late nov, dec. Belt has been divorced to the outside of the car (Oh happy day!) Rumor has Supposed lay down steering and a central low cg tank and battery. Still belt drive. I'm in line.

(I hope better gear ratios)
I guess it's time to start saving my money. I was going to buy myself the HPI Savage for Christmas, but I think this will get a higher priority, lol.
Old 08-22-2002, 06:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Robbie I meet you at the nats in June, can you e-mail me your set-up for that weekend. I was wondering how different it was compared to the other guys.Thanks for the advice on the motor tuning, just wish we had more gearing like everyone else. I am trying to get the drive ratio close to the big car that I have. The motors we ran were strong, but the drive train for the mugens suck. Thanks for the help.
[email protected]
Old 08-23-2002, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

mtx2

i,m replacing my connecting rod in my mt-12 and can't remenber
if the oil hole in the rod faces the crank or faces the backplate ?
Old 08-23-2002, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: mtx2

Originally posted by isuzuguy
i,m replacing my connecting rod in my mt-12 and can't remenber
if the oil hole in the rod faces the crank or faces the backplate ?
Facing the crank.... (at least that's what Manitcore told me)
Old 08-23-2002, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by stefan
"My other MTX-2 is glued to the track using the same tires so that is one of te reasons why i'm going back to the MTX-2."

Like so many others....
Stefan,

you using foams??? or rubbers

I'm running rubbers, cause I still have board disease..... and I can't seem to get this thing stuck like the others. it's either too much or too little... have not hit JUST RIGHT!!! LOL
Old 08-23-2002, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default Hard Jokur

I'm running mine on foams.
Here's my setup:

Front;

50 wt, 2 hole piston, second hole up on tower

purple springs

swaybar flat,

-2 camber

caster: all shims behind a-arm,

1 degree toe out

one-way

42 Mugen fast tires 26mm

Rear.

40 wt, 2 hole piston, third hole up on tower

light blue springs (yes, stiffer in the rear)

swaybar

-2 camber

2 deg. toe in

Kaw. neg. diff

General:

receiver battery mounted under tank
receiver mounted where the battery was (Kawahara top deck)
Old 08-23-2002, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

..forgot:

42 Mugen fast tires in the rear, 30 mm
Old 08-23-2002, 07:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

*I see you are running the one-way,what type of rear diff oil are you using? The set-up looks like it will hook-up on almost any size track, are you running anything different between a short tight track and a huge track like hampton ohio. Do you have any good suggestions on a good gear selection that might stay up with the tc-3's and serpents. I got blown out of the water at nats due to not enough gears.We tried every combo, but nothing helped.I live in Md and there is a new track coming to town, approx 280 by 150. Same as nats, except looks a little more complex.Just looking for top end(last third of the straight)
Old 08-23-2002, 07:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

disregard the question about your diff I over looked it the first time and just realized you have the neg rear in it.

I have been thinking of getting it, how do you like it and what benifeits have you seen from it. I'm just picking your brain.

The rear sway bar how far up the rod do you have it set.
Old 08-23-2002, 10:06 PM
Tech Rookie

How long should I charge an in line 5 cell reciever battery pack.
They are 1000s. They are to go on my ProSpec. I've always used alkalines to power my stuff, but that was then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.