Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-2

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 12:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile RE: plugs

Thanks tekrsq, is there anyway to clean the plug or is it u/s.
Old 06-23-2002, 01:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: glo plug

Originally posted by Raw40
Hi everyone, the saga continues started the motor for the first time today left at idle, ran fine for about three minutes at idle and then cut out. Started straight away but as soon as I removed the glo starter it cut out. Removed the plug to check it on the glow starter it's fine., put it back in the motor same problem, put a different plug in motor runs fine. Can someone explian whats up with the brand new plug?.
second part of my question, plug N0's ie 1-10 should I read higher the No hotter the plug or the other way around, and when should I use Hotter /colder plug?

OK what you need to do is the same as Mugen Uk, run it in then get some number 6 plugs thats all we use and have no performance problems, when it was running did you keep blipping the throttle to clear the engine??
Old 06-23-2002, 03:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Post Re: Glo plugs

Hi cartman, I'll get some no6 plugs, no I wasn't blipping the throttle would this have made a diffrence?. The motor break instructions say run two tanks of fuel through at idle???.
Old 06-23-2002, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

i always blip the throttle as it stops the engine loading with fuel, dont go mad though and if you can keep an air flow over the enginge to keep temp down, its a pain in the ass job but take your time running in. its worth it for a good lifespan my engine has done a year and still performs well.
not sure if you have seen this but look here some good stuff to read.
http://www.jasonjenkins.com/mtx2/

Last edited by Cartman; 06-23-2002 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-23-2002, 11:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Negative Diff

Hey if anyone wants to get rid of their Neg. Diff. I'd be willing to buy it off you. I've been hearing good things about it, and would like to give it a try... So... Anyone interested?
Old 06-24-2002, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Default Shock angel

Does anyone have any real life experience with shock angles.
No wisdom from the manuals please. If you look at the two manuals for the TC3 and the XXX-S, the info is totally contradicting.

Does anyone run stand up shocks on the Mugen?

Due to the lack of time on raceday, I've never really played with shock angles, just ran what most people do, shocks all the way down.

Thanks.
Old 06-24-2002, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Shock angel

Originally posted by stefan
Does anyone have any real life experience with shock angles.
No wisdom from the manuals please. If you look at the two manuals for the TC3 and the XXX-S, the info is totally contradicting.

Does anyone run stand up shocks on the Mugen?

Due to the lack of time on raceday, I've never really played with shock angles, just ran what most people do, shocks all the way down.

Thanks.
Here is a rule of thumb:

Stand up shock position: less body roll, less traction
Lay Down shock position: more body roll, more grip

That's from Serpent X-ray Set up book, pretty good article! you can find it in Serpent X-ray site.
Old 06-24-2002, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

AH 10 ,
I've read about everything you can find on this topic and the problem is that 10 people (manufacturers) seems to have 10 different opinions.
That's why I asked if anybody has actually tried it.
Old 06-24-2002, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, maybe this will make a better question:

What I wanted to achieve is a more responsive car in the tight sections of the track. Quicker left to right transitions..
Here is my current setup:

Front: 600 wt, purple spring, all the way in on top

Rear: 600 wt, purple spring, all the way in on top.

Front one way, rear neg. diff

42/40, 26/30 mm tires.

Car is a bit to sluggish in tight sections (compared to TC3)

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Old 06-24-2002, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by stefan
Ok, maybe this will make a better question:

What I wanted to achieve is a more responsive car in the tight sections of the track. Quicker left to right transitions..
Here is my current setup:

Front: 600 wt, purple spring, all the way in on top

Rear: 600 wt, purple spring, all the way in on top.

Front one way, rear neg. diff

42/40, 26/30 mm tires.

Car is a bit to sluggish in tight sections (compared to TC3)

Any suggestions would be appreciated
I think you might want to try this: like you descripted the car is kind of sluggish, it might be your springs are to soft so body roll is excessive and it doesnt want to change direction as you turn the steering wheels!

Try this, use grey front spring with light blue rear spring, 60wt oil, and if you could use 2 holes piston up front and both front and rear shock position all the way down. you should be able to see a big different!

to be honest with you my front shocks were all the way down since day one and I have played with rear shock position only, and when I have the rear shock stand up and when I do those left then immediately right kind of action I can see the rear end of the car leaning from the very edge of one side to the other! also it is very important to set your rear droop if you are not using inch up tires then set it to 7mm if you are using inchup then 8mm it will help alot too!
Old 06-25-2002, 02:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default how did you mount your transponder?

hey everyone...i was wondering how (and where) everyone mounted their transponders...i'm trying to decide the best way and the best location to mount one...thanx!
Old 06-25-2002, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: how did you mount your transponder?

Originally posted by nosyajg
hey everyone...i was wondering how (and where) everyone mounted their transponders...i'm trying to decide the best way and the best location to mount one...thanx!
I assume you mean a personal transponder? I have mine secured to the front body mount using one of the screws and some 2 sided tape. Another guy has his taped UNDER the front body mount. he just carved out enough of the foam bumper so the transponder would fit. It's secure and actually looks pretty cool. A couple of other guys have theirs mounted directly in front of the fuel tank. They tell me fuel spillage doesn't seem to hurt it, but I'd rather not take the chance.

ah10-- you got a PM. THANKS BUDDY!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2002, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking fuel spillage

Fuel wont hurt it...

I too one of my transponders apart, and the case is filled with epoxy. Needless to say I killed a transponder, in the good intentions of "SEEing" what it's made of. All of the chips were cleaned of markings. I do know that it's a micro controller, along with an oscillator. A transmitter if you will.

If anyone is interested I can post pics of it.

OH ya - they say you can replace the wires, because its encased in epoxy, let me say that it's easier said than done.

Rich
Old 06-25-2002, 02:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Post silicone pipe

Has anybody had problems with the silicone connection pipe on the exhaust, ran the car for the first time today at the track. The silicone connector between the manifold and the tuned pipe keeps on poping off the pipe (larger Dia) anybody got any fixes.
Old 06-25-2002, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

big cable ties or get an in line pipe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.