Originally posted by warlord385
does anyone know how to adjust ride height on the mugen mtx-2
The best way to setup your ride height is adjust your droop!
Use Hudy droop gauge then setup your droop to +2 in front and +6 at the rear. Shock positioning should not affect the ride height bec. it tends to pressure the springs which is not a good one.
To setup your droop:
1. Remove the shocks and your stabilizers
2. Suspension arms should be free from binding
3. Put your car at the Setup block or HUDY block or Droop Block
4. Check your chasis if there's a sway movement (If there is that means you need to replace the chasis and it means your chasis has a bent portion
5. Adjust your droop using droop gauge.
6. Set your front droop to +2 and the Rear +6
7. Install the stabilizers then check your droop again (It should be +2 front and +6 rear. If there's any changes in your droop adjust the stabilizer bars until it reaches the desired droop)
8. Install your shocks. Set the tension of the springs to the normal tension.... Setting up springs with pressure will cause no good dumping!
9. Check your droop again! it still should be the same setup +2 Front and +6 at the rear.
I hope this will help and once you've done it the right way you'll find your car with the best movement. More power on turnings and it will loose oversteer or understeer.