Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Texas Biggie Video

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Default Texas Biggie Video

Well the rain messed up the weekend but they did manage to get in qual on Sun and most of the mains yesterday. All except the last one Expert 8th scale Oh well the Masters class put on a pretty good show. I have video of all the mains that ran. I'll be posting those as I get them edited. First up is the gallery and the Masters 8th scale A-Main.

Gallery

http://www.promofo-racing.org/Photos...ery/index.html

Masters A-Main Embedded

http://www.promofo-racing.org/Big-Mas-8th-A.html

Download

http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...8th-A-Main.wmv

More to come.

Griz
Old 05-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

is that Danny Speegle's 235 car?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes thats Dannys car! When the original Lightspeed closed, I kept that car its a picco integra 2wd with a lay down throttle and steering servo! He made the intire upper deck him self with a dremal and it looked like a machine did it! Danny was a good friend of mine and a incredible person to know, one of the smartest persons ive ever met! He gave me that bodie because it had a single crack in it! But i thought it would be cool to show it to everyone!
Old 05-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

Griz...thanks for coming up and doing photo/video of the 30th Annual Biggie. I like your photography style....you take pictures of everyones car not just the top ten like so many do. On Danny Speegle, he was a person of amazing talent and skill and missed by everyone. Here are a couple more pictures of his car. The grill, lights, and emblems are all painted not decals!! I think Jeremy said there is only one decal on the whole body on the rear bumper.
Attached Thumbnails Texas Biggie Video-speegle.jpg   Texas Biggie Video-speegle1.jpg  
Old 05-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Default Yea I try to get everyone

Life isn't fair but my videos and pictures try to be as much as possible. I try and get everyone into the vids and pictures. For some that had a bad weekend or day its good to see their car in the videos and pics. I do have a soft spot for very well painted cars though you'll see those more often I had a lot of fun coming up to Rendon. You can bet I'll be back for some more races this year. I used to run on-road when I lived in Colorado Springs. Had a 950R and a G4 Touring car. Moved to Tx and the scene wasn't like Colorado and I went over to to racing dragsters and off-road. Now my legs are too whacked to do the longer mains so I just do the video thing now. I'll have a much better set-up with 3 cameras all running during the races next time. Including a glidecam pod to take the shakes out of the closeups. Didn't get my usual quality yesterday. It was hard to shoot with the lighting conditions. I usually set the shutter to 1/125 to cut out the motion blur but yesterday was a little too dark. I managed to adjust out most of the bad effects of that. Still learning how to do this stuff 8 months isn't all that long. Lots of things to learn to get good video. But I think the biggest thing is knowing the sport you are trying to shoot. I sure would like to take a spin on that track with my nitro bike What a nice facility. I saw the pics but they don't do it justice. Very nice racetrack.

Griz
Old 05-30-2007, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Once again Griz, great stuff.....
Old 05-30-2007, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Great job! I really like the slow-mo. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

A few Biggie people pics:
Attached Thumbnails Texas Biggie Video-serp.jpg   Texas Biggie Video-meyer.jpg   Texas Biggie Video-group.jpg  
Old 05-30-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

1/8 Concours wiener:
Attached Thumbnails Texas Biggie Video-bozbod.jpg   Texas Biggie Video-bozbod1.jpg   Texas Biggie Video-bozdriver.jpg  
Old 05-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

Default Expert Sedan A-Main video

Here is the Expert Sedan A-Main vid. Lots of action in this one. The best recovery I've seen in a long time on the backstretch.

Embedded

http://www.promofo-racing.org/Expert-Sedan-A-Main.html

Download

http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...0th-A-Main.wmv

Griz
Old 05-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Great clip of Fisher hacking his way through the field!
Old 05-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by griz11
Here is the Expert Sedan A-Main vid. Lots of action in this one. The best recovery I've seen in a long time on the backstretch.

Embedded

http://www.promofo-racing.org/Expert-Sedan-A-Main.html

Download

http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...0th-A-Main.wmv

Griz
Very impressive. You did a really great job of capturing the excitement of the race. Extremely good tracking and the zoom-in and zoom-out was in all the right places. Slo-mo was icing on the cake.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by garen
Great clip of Fisher hacking his way through the field!

I guess it is time to change my race color scheme. Yeah, I punted somebody in the beginning of the race. The second wreck was karma coming back to get me.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Default Was your car red and white

Was your car the red and white sedan? Not many wrecks at all. Refreshing after videoing oval and off-road events lately. I like clean close racing myself. I didn't see any overt hacking at all. Racing incidents yes but no hacking.

Griz
Old 05-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Mine was silver in the front, blue in the back with red flames.