Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thunder Tiger TS4N Sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Thunder Tiger TS4N Sport

hi guys im new to the forum to hello to you all!

ive just got back into rc cars after losing interest a few years ago! ive bought the thunder tiger ts4n sport (i know compared to your cars this propbably isnt a very good kit, but good enough for me )

i dont know if anyone knows anything about them on here so i thought id better ask!

i wanted to start adding a few hop ups and stuff so my first step was an ally servo tray. but it isnt anything like the standard plastic one. well i know it will fit onto the chassis but it doesnt seem to have the mounts for the steering servo or the bracer mount for the brake either! i know the carbon version is the same so i just wanted to know if anyone knew of the parts i needed to get to make this fit and if possible where abouts i could buy these bits!

thanks alot guys!
Tom!
Old 05-31-2007, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Tom, This car that you have is the same one that i got when i first got involved in the hobby
The alloy top deck is stiffer than the standard plastic one and is an improvement but the carbon one would be a good investment down the track as in a bigger crash the alloy one will bend and stay bent but the carbon one will take a lot more punishment!
For servo mounting you need to get part pd0868 for the stearing servo and the throttle servo is held in position by zip ties.
Another opion to get is pd0927 2 sue aluminium light weight flywheel as you will find a big difference to the stock steel one!
pd 0917 3 mm comp chassis
pd910 one way set
pd 0896 2 speed trans
pd 0925 white springs (soft)
pd 0926 yellow springs (med)
pd 1059 alloy clutchbell
gpm make a 4mm chassis if you want it extra rigid ts4016v
pd1326 universals rear, havn't got the number for the front ones.
a tuned pipe would be a good idea too!
pd0919
pd0920 front and rear carbon shock towers

As you can see the list is endless for the stuff you can get for it!
This is only some of the stuff you can get and it can become expensive
Good luck with choosing what you would like to upgrade on your car and have fun tinkering and running it!
These cars are light weight and good fun but can be a bit fragile compared to the new cars on the market!
Keep in mind that this car is a 12+ year old design but with a stiffer chassis and a few exras can go and handle well enough to surprise some

Where you situated?
Australia?
if so Kellets hobies have many of the parts you'll want
Get yourself some spare spurs as being that thin they can go, mostly first gear from memory.
You'll end up with a collection of new seconds in the pit box
pd0912 centre belt tensioner would help keep things in alignment better there!
Cheers
Joe