Wiki Posts
Search

Remember frequency control?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 06:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

WOW I cant belive it,not one post from Dexter or the track president saying
sorry or we are working on something to help you out.Step up man!
I say track president because the guy taking money to race said to just turn on nobody is on that channel .With the cost to fix my car I
cant go to the full throttle race this weekend.The cost should be a new SNAKE.Not to mention the transponder and electronics.My lipo pack went bad also.I just hope someone steps up with some assistance for at least a new car.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:43 AM
Tech Lord

Okay Mike stop!

Just because there's a lot of people on this board doesn't mean everyone's on this board. That club has their own message board and you can post messages there. I strongly suggest you send a private message to the president of the club. There's no reason to make this public.

While what happened to you wasn't right, there's nothing that says they have to give you anything. When you race at any track there's no guarantee that everything will go perfectly. That's the risk you take. Any number of things can happen at a race, and if you race long enough you see most of them.

It's one thing to point out a problem. It's another when you make it a personal vendetta.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:25 AM
Tech Adept

I will speak my mind whenever I see fit.Now is the perfect time to do so.
This guy totaled 3 of my cars.The last one was pretty bad.Who said anything about a vendetta..If you read correct you will see I did not make this public.
I would like to get the word out so we dont embarass ourselves at Brooklyns
only track.People will not want to come to BKs track if they know chit like this is going on.It is a great place to race and people like that are going to fu#$ it up for all the others.When is an example going to be made so this dosent happen again!!!!!!!Yes I am really

Thanx,Mike Malinconico.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:39 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

I had a similar incident a few years back also on a normal "training day"....

When I went to the frequency board, 1 guy was on the same frequency as me. I couldn't change, nor could he, so we agreed to not drive on the same time, and keep in close contact with each other.
He was running in an engine, and at some point got interference, the car flipped, into the grass, full throttle, and his engine broke, yes a brand new engine......

It wasn't me, so there was another guy on our frequency.
I put on my receiver, and also had interference, I waited till this stopped and could then figure out who it was, because he left the driver stand....

I went to him and first asked him nicely why he didn't put his label on the freq. board.
His answer?
"I'm a sponsored driver so I don't need to".......

Well while he still didn't put his label, I had the frequency for myself, and while he drove the car full throttle to the straight, I turned on my transmitter......

After picking up the pieces, he went home, and I could drive for the rest of the day.......
Old 05-30-2007, 08:05 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by MikeMalinconico
I will speak my mind whenever I see fit.Now is the perfect time to do so.
This guy totaled 3 of my cars.The last one was pretty bad.Who said anything about a vendetta..If you read correct you will see I did not make this public.
I would like to get the word out so we dont embarass ourselves at Brooklyns
only track.People will not want to come to BKs track if they know chit like this is going on.It is a great place to race and people like that are going to fu#$ it up for all the others.When is an example going to be made so this dosent happen again!!!!!!!Yes I am really

Thanx,Mike Malinconico.
You have every right to be angry.

You have every right to post whatever you want.

You're doing the right thing pointing out the frequency control problem at that track, and the track has the responsibility to address that issue. When you start asking for reimbursement, you make it personal.

All I'm saying is be careful how you channel your anger. You can very easily make this problem far worse than it needs to be.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:06 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by M7H
His answer?
"I'm a sponsored driver so I don't need to".......

Who was his sponsor?
Old 05-30-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Had something like this a few years back.
On a normal training day, 2 guys (not club members) came to the track, put there car down and started it without asking or telling anyone anything. When they were driving , I turned on my transmitter and heared (then saw) there car driving across the track, over a side barrier and into some trees. I realised what it was and turned my transmitter back off but they had done the same! So the car was standing between some trees at full throtte. Result: some damage.

When I asked why they didn't say or ask anything, they answered they didn't know it could be a problem! We never saw them back.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jiml
When you start asking for reimbursement, you make it personal.

...why shouldn't he be reimbursed??.......If i went to the track and caused this much damage to someones car (and it was TOTALLY my fault) i would make it right..........how about we take up collection for Mike to get a new kit since Dexter won't fix it......
Old 05-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

I already gave my .02 cents..
Old 05-30-2007, 09:13 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jiml
Who was his sponsor?
Not really important, is it, but he was a partially LHS sponsored and drove the Serpent impact back then.....
Oh, and he is not driving anymore.....
Old 05-30-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Taylorm
...why shouldn't he be reimbursed??.......If i went to the track and caused this much damage to someones car (and it was TOTALLY my fault) i would make it right..........how about we take up collection for Mike to get a new kit since Dexter won't fix it......
Not necessarliy shouldn't, but there's a lot of things that should be done but aren't.

If you were to make it right, you're a bigger man than most.

Why should we pay for a mistake someone else made?

And Dexter isn't 100% at fault. Remember someone said he could turn on, and he did have damage to his own car.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by BananaWheels
I already gave my .02 cents..
I'd ask for a refund.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by M7H
Not really important, is it, but he was a partially LHS sponsored and drove the Serpent impact back then.....
Oh, and he is not driving anymore.....
No not really important just a retorical question, but it should serve as a reminder to anyone who is sponsored not to be an idiot.

Not driving anymore huh? Wonder why?
Old 05-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Speaking of frequencies, can i ask a question or is this a bad time?
Old 05-30-2007, 11:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeMalinconico
WOW I cant belive it,not one post from Dexter or the track president saying
sorry or we are working on something to help you out.Step up man!
I say track president because the guy taking money to race said to just turn on nobody is on that channel .With the cost to fix my car I
cant go to the full throttle race this weekend.The cost should be a new SNAKE.Not to mention the transponder and electronics.My lipo pack went bad also.I just hope someone steps up with some assistance for at least a new car.

I walked over to you at the track and personally apologized, talked to both parties involved, refunded your race fee by the way is nothing compared to the loss of your car. At the moment the club is a resident and the race fees barely cover the cost of our rent and as you know I shell out of pocket expense for the club all the time. If the budget was there then I would personally dish it out of the club fund but it is not and I am sorry for that.

I took precaution and mentioned things before the race day began and during the race over the PA and I am sure it was heard on the road as well as track-side. We are entering into our second quarter of payment just to remain in good graces with the hosting NPS if not for this reason and this reason alone I would buy back a kit for you. So far this has not happened to anyone other than you two individuals. It is not your fault you switched to make your life simple and so did he it just so happens that so did he. With that in mind this should make you and him more mindful of the crystals that you OWN, since you have a running problematic history with him, I personally would have the guys number and talk to him. Conversation is something that is missing in this hobby as well, if we are not talking about some when we should find time to talk to someone.

Now as far as I am concerned I don't want to rant and run on from where the club began to where it is now. I don't want to go down that path that path is beaten tattered and torn. I personally had my car destroyed at a race about 6 weeks ago out of town, not by a crystal but by someone that leaned completely over the stand and caused me to go into the boards and destroy chassis, parts, servo, tank, universals, upper deck, front bulk heads, the parts list went on and on. BUT who can I get reimbursed from the person that bent over, I did not even go there being the AZZ that I am I yelled at the guy but in my mind reminding myself of the gentlemen that I am and the man that I know I am I backed off gathered my car from my pitman and sat down and assessed the damages. I stop blaming the guy and it was his fault clearly and got back to what I love to do wrench and race. My race was over since that happened in my Main but I was already prepared mentally to move on and be repaired for the next race. I am sorry this happened to you and can offer you no more than the words that I said at the track that I am sorry.

As for future instanced I will work on a penalty or a payment process for violators of this nature. As you and many other have seen I am an organizer and arouser I try and get things done and Failure is not an Option to me this is not just a quote but a personal attribute that I seek out in all aspects of my life from house hold to the hobbies. I will work on something rest assured but this is still nothing but words to many but you know if I could I would make good on the new car, you know me and I try always to come through with my word or beyond. Look at where we are today I try not to lie to anyone or make promises that I cant keep. Don't let guys fan the flames on a thread the hobby is still a risk taking financial PIT that you will be in until the day you quit or the day you croak. I would rather have seen to it personally but I cant at the moment for obvious reasons. I am sorry is just words and I wish I could back them up with a few dollars for you but I cant as I pay more than my share just making the club run on a daily basis which I am trying to get away from.

Once again SORRY for the loss and I will work on something to avoid future instances. As far as me not responding on this forum or any other I have no obligation to do so or any legalities that oblige me to do so other wise, I come on to the WEB and post in my free time, which I don't get much of with work and this is why I love the hobby and every chance I get to start my car or get away to race, it is my sanity. My coworkers are dieing all the time I have enough stress from work and the club should be my sanctuary as well as yours, for this reason and this reason alone is why I do all the things that I do.... I don't race to do well I race to stay well...........and if I do well in the process that that is known as a two-for....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.