Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Car Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 12:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Location: Black Diamond, Washington- its a little redneck town about 30 miles south of seattle
Post Car Question

I am looking into buying the Duratrax Street Force GP. I was wondering if anyone had any comments on this car. I am new to nitro cars and I am not sure whether I should buy this car. If I do get it I will get the prebuilt because I have a radio that will work.

thanks
Old 04-16-2003, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

they dont' call it 'duracrap' for nothing...look for a ntc3 - or try the ob4 pro - i have the ob4 and it is a very good car AND it's a lot less $$.
Old 04-16-2003, 06:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

you should buy a car that you can get alot of spare parts for. most hobby shops have a vast supply of hpi and associated parts. if you buy a ready to race version, the ntc3 can be upgraded to there team version very easily, and is alot more adjustable than an hpi. the very first car i bought was a second hand duratrax street force gp rtr. it had some nice features for a "starter car." luckily i didnt break anything because my LHS didnt stock parts. ive also had the ob-4, and i did break a few parts. I had a very hard time finding parts for it, even online. most parts i needed wern't stocked, or they couldnt get. i ended up selling that car as a "parts car". i also assume that the ob-4 is, or soon will be discontinued to make way for the LD3 rtr and LD3 pro.
Old 04-16-2003, 07:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Location: Black Diamond, Washington- its a little redneck town about 30 miles south of seattle

thanks guys
Old 04-16-2003, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

I would recommend looking at the NTC3.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default ntc3

is the ntc3 RTR or close? I want to get an RTR so I have something to drive and a kit to work on during that time.