Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question just broke in my NTC3 RTR

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 06:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Question just broke in my NTC3 RTR

Ok i just got my ntc3 rtr my first nitro and it was a beautiful weather so i decided to break my engine with a friend it was 75* F and it wasnt raining perfect justa bit cloudy ok i had trouble at first fuel didnt go through in the carb so i opened the lid a couple of times then it flooded so i took out the plug and filter and emptied it out... ok so i read the break in etc then i got pebbles stuck in my spur gear and then my car wouldnt go and it started to overheat i think so i stoped it and i took them out and i started again well after it started to rain after the 3 tanks of breaking in so i stoped when i got inside i notice that the *clutch*( i think) its about 1 inch between the pinion and the flywheel it turned colors half of it now is blue and half of it is yellow what is my problem i wonder if i did it to hot my engine i made a mistake or something or is this normal car runeed smooth until the pebbles but im curious and worried about what happened? is this a big deal what should i do? what is it? i hoped i explained myself enough any questions feel free to ask i need your help thank you
Old 04-16-2003, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

If you're asking about the clutch bell, it's normal for the clutch bell to change color after running. Don't forget that your engine is running somewhere between 220 and 270 and the clutch bell is like an arm of the motor. It gets hot just like the motor but it has no cooling like the motor gets. When things get hot they change color. Just keep an eye on your operating temps. and you should be fine.