Search

Touring Car Advise

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default Touring Car Advise

Ok folks,

I've been out of R/C cars since 1998 or so. My last car was a HPI Racer. I'm interested in getting back into racing . . . nitro car suggestions?

Serpant? Mugen? Fire all your suggestions at me please.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Nitro Car

Go with whatever you local hobby shop support the most on parts and with what other races in your local area are using also...that way, they can help you with setups, tips, etc.
That's just my personal opinion.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Like he said, go with something your local hobby shop supports and also whatever you can afford, some of the cars are pretty reasonable to buy but can be expensive to keep up. Check out all your options before you buy a car. I would recommend my favorite, the G4S , or you can go with a serpent 720 which seems to be a good car the new mugen car is also very good. Xray has a new car out which I dont know a whole lot about yet but as with all Xray cars parts are probably well overpriced, LOL. Just my opinions here and you should make sure you get something that will be easy to get parts for!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Default set-up help

The price of the car, nor the needing of set-up help is not a concern. I'm very good with mechanical things and can afford a nice setup.

In case i need to add this information, i would like a 1/10 touring car.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Default G4S

What is the G4s?
Old 05-24-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

The G4S is the Team Magic Car, it is a good solid car that is fairly reasonably priced and parts arent very inexpensive for it. Check out www.racedayhobbies.com they carry the G4s and all the parts to support the car and they are quite reasonably priced and they also ship worldwide.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have had very good luck with my car but I also race with guys that run sperpents and mugens and both of those cars are very competitive as well.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

LOOKING 4 A GOOD CAR GET A SERPENT 720 MANUFACTURER SUPPORT & HELP IS EXCELLENT AND ITS AN EXECELLENT CAR!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

I will agree, the 720 is a very good car and it does have good support worldwide. I do find that the parts prices are a little higher but all in all it is a very reasonable car as well.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default .

I had the team magic and Serpent touring cars before, and both car handles pretty good, Serpent is a little overpriced with parts compare to team magic, then the rest depends on your driving skills to make the A main with either car.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Why isn't anyone mentioning Associated, Traxxas, Losi, HPI, Mugen, etc.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

I agree with RC-Pro, get what your local hobby shop carries parts. It will make it a lot easier to keep your car running. I have talked to a few guys at my local track where people have been sidelined for days/weeks waiting for a part to come in (on guy driving a G4S waited months for a gas tank). So if you want to keep the track time to a maximum, run the best car that has the best local support.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

I said Mugen earlier, the new car is very good but parts seem to be a little on the pricey side. As for the other cars they are tending to be left by the wayside as far as being competitive still. It seems the only companies who are really progressing constantly in the 1/10th nitro touring market are Team Magic, Serpent, Mugen, Kyosho and now Xray!
Old 05-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krafcik
Why isn't anyone mentioning Associated, Traxxas, Losi, HPI, Mugen, etc.
Here are the top 5 competitive cars, not in any order:

- Kyosho V-One RRR Evo WCE
- Mugen Seiki MTX-4R
- Serpent 720 07
- Team XRAY NT1
- Team Magic G4S

My Knowledge Base site (http://www.nitrokb.com) has quite a bit of info on the RRR, MTX-4 and 720. That might help with your with your decision.

I would also suggest that you download the manual, setup guide and setup sheet for each car and read through them carefully. It will give you a better understanding of the differences between each car.

Ultimately, it's your setup, engine tuning and driving ability that will decide how well you do on the track. Each car I listed has the potential to cross the finish line first, but their design, durability, reliability and how easy they are to work on the pit table are not the same. Each car has it's pros and cons.

Good luck - and let us know what you decide.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

He waited a month for a tank? Should have asked me LOL I could have fedexed one of my 7 I have sitting in my parts boxes. You could also buy something that a few people are driving at your track. I found when I first got started into Team Magic a few guys at my local track ran them and they are usually more than happy to sell you spares if you need them on the spot. Just do your research and see what will work best for what you want out of racing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.