R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-08-2007, 08:02 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice
Default needs help on my sanwa VZ servo

I'm using sanwa VZ servos and for my steering there is a soft buzzing sound when i turn extreme left but when i turn to extreme right, there is no buzzing sound.From my view, my left and right turning angle is equal.The buzzing sound will only dissapear when i reduce my end pt adjustment(EPA) at my tx(M11).if i reduce left,i have to reduce right too and by then my turning angle will be smaller.i've asked my frens and they said its ok but is there anyone here can enlighten me?it the buzzing sound normal?thanks
shammx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:33 AM   #2
Tech Master

-remove the servo and/or horn and move your steering left and right. it should move freely. if it's binding to the left it will cause your servo to buzz/hum. Is this VZ servo a digital servo? i've never used digital servos (yet) but i understand they can make more noise than an analog servo if binding because they want to hold their position stronger. good luck
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:17 AM   #3
Tech Initiate

Sounds like your servo is not completely centered.

You might want to look at the menu items in your transmitter. On some transmitters there is a trim function for centering the servo. (I'm not talking about the trim adjustment buttons on the controls of your transmitter).

On my Sanwa M8 its called "trim(sub)". Center is zero, +/- numbers make the servo tilt off center one way or the other.

Do as Taylorm says and take the servo horn off then adjust the trim in the direction you need to stop the buzzing.

If all else fails check your assembly manual. Some cars require that you offset the servo horn a few degrees right from the start.
R&TRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:30 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

i have trim my servo to 0 but still buzzing.i make some mechanical adjustment on my car but still getting the sound.i'm still figuring out the problem....
shammx is offline   Reply With Quote