Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Pro Series-Evolution Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default R/C Pro Series-Evolution Raceway

The R/C Pro Series makes it's way to St. Louis on May 19th and 20th.

I'm sure that many of you remember racing nitro on-road in St. Louis back in the 80's and 90's. Well it's finally back and we are hosting the North Division round 2 in a couple of weeks. Make the trip if you can.

Visit our website for details at www.evolutionraceway.com

We will also be hosting the ROAR Region 8 Champs as well as The Mid America Nitro Challenge later in the season. The Mid America race is also a Byron's Contingency race and it is one of the 4 ROAR Cup races that are being held this season for 1/10th scale.

Last edited by smac; 05-09-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

I'm going to be there........I'm looking foreward to it. Looks a great track!

Menace
Old 05-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are the INS boxes required for the sedan class?

Thanks
Old 05-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

We only require them in 1/8th scale, but I would check the R/C Pro Series rules to make sure that they do not require them. I don't think that they would require them either
Old 05-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Looking forward to it Scott.

Wait until the out-of-towners see the traction we have this year with the new seal job. Plus tire wear is way down, so it should make for some happy travelers.

I hope a lot of you guys I met at the MidWest Series race in Cinci come out and try out the track. You will have a great time. And, you won't be disappointed by the competition.

Greg Schmidt
Old 05-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smac
We only require them in 1/8th scale, but I would check the R/C Pro Series rules to make sure that they do not require them. I don't think that they would require them either

I ran the RC Pro in Lincoln and didn't have an INS box.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the race. By the looks of the pictures on your site, the track looks like a lot of fun.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

INS boxes are required at Evolution Raceway for the 1/8th scale cars. It's not a PRO SERIES rule but a local track rule to allow us to be more neighbor friendly. I'll have a spare if you need one.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Just a reminder, next weekend will be round 2 of the RC PRO SERIES for our division. All entries mailed in by the 18th receive a T-shirt.

Evolution Raceway is a track you don't want to miss out on. We have 15FT wide lanes, CAD designed layout with a 200FT straight 20FT wide into a 100Ft high speed sweeper, smooth curbs to run tight lines, and plenty of traction. Lots of room for some exciting racing. If you want to experience one of the best tracks in the midwest / USA, the RC PROSERIES would be a good race to do so.

RC PRO SERIES May 19th and 20th
Old 05-14-2007, 03:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by evostyle
Just a reminder, next weekend will be round 2 of the RC PRO SERIES for our division. All entries mailed in by the 18th receive a T-shirt.

Evolution Raceway is a track you don't want to miss out on. We have 15FT wide lanes, CAD designed layout with a 200FT straight 20FT wide into a 100Ft high speed sweeper, smooth curbs to run tight lines, and plenty of traction. Lots of room for some exciting racing. If you want to experience one of the best tracks in the midwest / USA, the RC PROSERIES would be a good race to do so.

RC PRO SERIES May 19th and 20th
I plan on being there. Should be great.
Sent my entry in Friday. Will they Email a confirmation?

Menace
Old 05-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

I will see if Todd could e-mail confirmations. I do know that we received a couple of entries from Iowa, so that may be yours British Menace.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Thankyou smac. That would be great.
Sounds like you have them if you have two from Iowa.
Unless.................................... there are "others" here I do not know of on this island???!

I wonder if "they" got stranded here after their plane crashed???!..................lol

Just getting carried away, sorry.
Working nights will do that to you?!

I look foreward to seeing everyone there. Should be a great day.

Should be at least 4 G4s cars there to sweep the podium spots.

Menace
Old 05-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Those will be the first G4's to grace the track. We don't have any G4 drivers here. Can't wait to see how they do.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by evostyle
Those will be the first G4's to grace the track. We don't have any G4 drivers here. Can't wait to see how they do.
Should be interesting evo.
The G4 does have a wide sweet spot on handling so it gives us mere mortals a chance to get used to the track.
Although, I find they do get even better as the traction comes up.

See you Friday night evo. Will give you a hand with things if you like. May be a little tired as I'm not planning on going to bed after Thursday night at work...

Running on Nitro ,......... :-)

Menace
Old 05-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

The weather was perfect for the first day of qualifying today. The traction and lap times were very good in the first round, but both dropped off as the day progressed. In fact lap times dropped about .7 seconds from the first to the third round as the track heated up after a cool morning. Drivers that were able to have a good first round were able to relax for the most part while the others had to fight an uphill battle!

After 3 rounds of qualifying the 1/10th scale TQ is being held by X-Ray driver Andrew Ellis, who was able to dominate the first day of qualifying in 1/10th. Larry Stone battled through mechanical issues to move ahead of Charlie Hozian for the second qualifying position. Look for both of those drivers to put some pressure on Drew tomorrow, as well as a couple of sleepers lurking down in the order!

The 1/8th scale battle is shaping up to be a toss up. Mugen driver Mark Sweeny sits on top after 3 rounds of qualifying, but he is far from safe! Andrew Ellis sits closely behind him in second followed by several cars in very close striking distance. To make things even more unsettling for Sweeny, Kyosho driver Steve Smith has been on a blistering TQ pace in both of the qualifiers that he started before having mechanical problems that dropped him out of those as well as a DNS in the 3rd qualifier. Look for Steve to put it together tomorrow and join or surpass the crowd at the top!!
Old 05-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Here are the top 12 in each class after 3 rounds
Only the top 10 will make the A Main

1/10th Sedan

1 Andrew Ellis
2 Larry Stone
3 Charlie Hozian
4 Jim Hulse
5 Mark Zitzlsperger
6 Joe Bratchie
7 Jeff Whiting
8 Anthony Cope
9 Tony Muhammad
10 Loran Whiting
11 BJ
12 Chris Hensley

1/8th Lola

1 Mark Sweeny
2 Andrew Ellis
3 Randy Ramsey
4 Scott McDonald
5 Greg Schmidt
6 Ken Schueler
7 Howard Bortman
8 Bob DeGood
9 Ryan Ramsey
10 Mike Saputo
11 Mark Zitzlsperger
12 Steve Smith

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.