R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-08-2007, 04:53 PM   #16
Tech Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to va_connoisseur

Actually Quick they probably acted that way because they can't compete with the on-line prices (which is why "they can't move product"). And they can't if they are a small business like you say because they have things like building rent, employees salaries, etc to pay.
va_connoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:12 PM   #17
Tech Rookie

Nah man, this is a big warehouse like hobby shop which carries almost everything you can think

I ment their are other, smaller, shops around

Doesn't mean they have to act like jerks for asking simple questions, does it?
QUICK2LeaveYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:37 AM   #18
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You don't have to put up a sign that says, "I BUY MY CARS ONLINE WHERE PRICES ARE BETTER!!" Just go in there and say, "I just had a question..."
TM G4S, AE NTC3 FT, FLM Savage, TRX REVO, Serpent Veteq, Kyosho MP777 SP2 WC, HPI Hellfire, Losi 8ight, Losi 8ight T
cheesewhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:40 PM   #19
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We run a spec series with the HPI RS4 EVO3 RTR. Nobody is allowed to change whatsoever on the car. You got to run it like you bought it. For the first race, we were 19 racers (WOW, not bad for a hobby that was out for three years).

Concerning the LHS. Don't tell were you bought your car unless they ask you. Sometimes, smaller shops are better because that's were all the qualified racers hang out. RC is a small community. When you need help, you will need your LHS. Your motor doesn't start? Forum is ok but a tech will tell you what is wrong and how to repair it.

My LHS, if I need something, I just call in advance and if they don't have it, they will order it without me going to the store. I will only buy on the net if it is a big saving because the net won't give me customer service if needed.
AE MGT .21
GS Storm
AE RC10 B4
falconcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

hey mate buy the fw-05t cause it flies i have boought one and done a bit of work it goes really good
driftkingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:21 PM   #21
Tech Elite

wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:40 AM   #22
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Kyosho are much stronger than HPI

For a beginner I would definitely go with Kyosho. You'll find that they don't suffer from as many broken parts as the HPI's do.

Chickentrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:07 PM   #23
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As a beginner I want with the Koysho Vones111 becasue the parts are interchangable with the Vone RRR and you can take the VoneS111 touring later and all you have to do is change the motor and you have a touring car. The Koysho is ver durable and suites beginners.
driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:13 AM   #24
Tech Initiate
Send a message via AIM to tnez190

I agree.... I have had my FW-05T plus for a little over a year now and let me tell you it is fast (haven't seen other cars but I think my is pretty fast) I've bought some upgrades and have had no major issues with it, I love it, and I am now shopping for either and electric Kyosho or maybe off-roader....
tnez190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:17 AM   #25
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

never had a kyosho rtr but my first nitro r/c was the original rs4 single speed .15fe and that car was a tank, I once drove it at about 40mph when I had the 2 speed installed into a speed bump, did a few barrel rolls and then crashed into a tree and dint break anything.

for bashing I would always get anything made by HPI.
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:20 PM   #26
Tech Regular

I say you made the right decision going with the HPI. When it comes to parts availabilty, HPI is easily up there with AE, Losi, and Traxxas. Can't say the same for Kyosho. Although the Kyosho can be upgraded to with 05RR parts into a pretty competitive nitro tourer.

As someone who voluntarily helps out at the LHS, I see the whole "bought it at another shop thing" just about everyday. I can feel for both sides too. R/C isn't exactly cheap, so you're constantly looking to see where you can save money. Running a shop/track isn't cheap either, and especially in today's economy it can sometimes just plain suck.

Me personally, I think it's okay to buy a kit from an online retailer. When it comes to parts and running gear though try to support your LHS. In the long run, you'll end up spending more on those than just the kit. The shop doesn't make much profit on kits anyway.
"It looks like a [insert car here]. It's just another [insert car here] clone!"
"Why did [insert manufacturer here] go with such a radical design? [insert manufacturer here] needs to stick with what works!" Shhhh, please.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #27
Tech Adept
Default LHS

About buying your cars from online.. well if the guy at the hobby shop askes you where you got it just tell him or her you dont know it was a gift from a family member.

hpi vs kyosho well for a starter i say hpi. just becouse their more beginer oriented. thier manuals go over every thing step by step and in more detail then most brands. so that is very usefull.
other then that i think kyosho makes a better car

.. manual is only good if you read it. take time to go over the whole thing. it will save you a lot of trouble
olkleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:01 AM   #28
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

rccartips is offline   Reply With Quote