Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with TRC airfilters for .12 big bore carbs

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Default Problems with TRC airfilters for .12 big bore carbs

I just got my trc airfilters for .12 big bore carbs and they dont even come close to fitting the carb on my sirio yet they fit the carb on my OS cv-r perfectly, are they mispackaged? When I bought it on tower, I noticed that in the picture for the big bore carbs it showed one that looked like it would fit a small bore carb and on the one for regular carbs it had the picture of the big bore one, I thought this was just towers mistake with the pictures by tower. It says its for big bore carbs on the package but it definitly isnt, so what gives? If these are defective or mis-labled will tower pay for the shipping to get them replaced? This sucks now I cant break-in my engine this weekend.

btw, Im getting very nervous about my sirios carb after seeing the thread on the defective ones...
Old 04-12-2003, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

i think your sirio might be like my pixy and use .21 air filters
Old 04-12-2003, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

It might be, but those filters definitly arent going to fit any big bor carbs
Old 04-12-2003, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Are you talking about the regular airfilter from TRC? I use those on my Sirio and it fit pretty good.
Old 04-12-2003, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Yea I orderd the big bore ones from tower, now that I check again they have the right picture and the prices have been raised $4 whats going on? do they have the right filters under the right name now? I think you might have intended to get the regular ones but they sent the bigbore ones so thats why they fit your sirio, mine definitly look like the ones under the regular filters theyre the ones with the small holes. Can you please check on tower hobbies and tell me which picture yours looks like?

Thanks
Old 04-12-2003, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by AE Racer
Yea I orderd the big bore ones from tower, now that I check again they have the right picture and the prices have been raised $4 whats going on? do they have the right filters under the right name now? I think you might have intended to get the regular ones but they sent the bigbore ones so thats why they fit your sirio, mine definitly look like the ones under the regular filters theyre the ones with the small holes. Can you please check on tower hobbies and tell me which picture yours looks like?

Thanks
Yeah I just checked, tower and my filter. I did place order for the regular ones, it don't look like the one on tower. But on the box it say, it for standard carburators. So does your big bore airfilter look like those in the pic or it the small one in the pic?
Old 04-13-2003, 12:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default Air Filter....

Sorry to say but you need the one for the .21, the OS have smaller carbs. The Sirio is about the same size as Novarossi based engines. I would not be suprised if that item was mislabled,mispackaged or something to that extent. By the way before you run the car you might want to check the carb and make sure it is seated to the collar correctly, before you send it in for a defective return check the seals too. If any of the seals look like they kinked or frayed or snagged don't even run the engine, if you are in pretty good terms with your LHS they should be able to give you a whole new engine since you have not run the motor yet. It's harder to get it serviced or replaced if you ran the motor already.
Old 04-13-2003, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Ducati998
Yeah I just checked, tower and my filter. I did place order for the regular ones, it don't look like the one on tower. But on the box it say, it for standard carburators. So does your big bore airfilter look like those in the pic or it the small one in the pic?
mine look like the ones in the pic of the regular ones, but say big bore on the box, so yours look like the pic of the big bore ones but say theyre the regular ones and fit the sirios carb?

XtremeMDX technically the filters for bigbore carbs have the size hole to fit a 21 carb, but have a physically smaller filter because its for a .12.

Originally posted by XtremeMDX By the way before you run the car you might want to check the carb and make sure it is seated to the collar correctly, before you send it in for a defective return check the seals too. If any of the seals look like they kinked or frayed or snagged don't even run the engine, if you are in pretty good terms with your LHS they should be able to give you a whole new engine since you have not run the motor yet. It's harder to get it serviced or replaced if you ran the motor already.
I bought the motor from tower, but Im a very good customer with them so I think they'd take it back if somthing went wrong. What part of the carb is the collar and what does it look like if its correctly seated. If I experience problems Ill check the seals, but I feel Id do more harm than good if I took it apart to check them because Im not experenced enough with the internals of an engine so that I feel comfortable taking the carb apart just to check it.

btw what percentage of carbs have this problem? is it only a few defective ones or do most people get a defective one? is it like the first ones sold only or somthing like that?
Old 04-13-2003, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah mine say the it for standard carb, but it look like the big bore one on tower.
Old 04-13-2003, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

I wonder if trinity has the right filter in the right box now? I think they might because tower changed the pics and raised the price, and they were in limited quanities when I bought them so mabey they were trying to get rid of the mis labeled ones. I need to exchange them or order new ones and cant figure out which to order or exchange for now.