Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th scale Motonica

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Dale, it looks like you got the spring in the wrong way. I'll email you later.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by garen
I got back Monday, to find my computer was infected...just it got it back today. I'll answer all the questions later... but the race was great. I highly recommend everyone attend next year. Everything is first class and the hosts are very very nice. It rained until Friday afternoon so the track did not open until Saturday morning. Practice started on a damp track, but was dry before quals started. I held TQ after day 1. I sat out day 2 quals to prepare my car for the main and dropped to 4th. I holeshoted the start and got into 2nd where I stayed for 20 minutes. At 20 minutes I changed tires and dropped to 3rd. A few minutes later I got back up to 2nd and held it until I stripped 1st gear. I fixed that and got back up to 3rd until my engine let go with about 6 minutes left.
It was great to race on a track with absolutely no traction compound applied to it. The bite was good and the driving feel was very different than what we are used to here. I'll post more later, but I will say that I will definitely go back next year and I hope others from the US will go too. Rick (part owner of the track) puts on a great show and treated everyone to lunch and dinner, and took care of transportation to/from the hotel, track, and airport. If you buy your ticket in advance, it is cheaper to race there than most places here in the US.
Hey Garen, Congratz bro - saw some photos on Red RC - venue looked ACE man - when you get a chance post up your setup sheet, id be interested for a no traction compound track since our track here has no track compound ever and we work on the grip we get given on club events or big nationals!

Once again, congratz man - fyling the motonica flag loud and proud!
Old 11-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Dale, it looks like you got the spring in the wrong way. I'll email you later.

Garen,
Yeah, I figured that out, the spring is installed now, It only took me three hours of messing with it to get it done.

Dale
Old 11-26-2009, 07:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Here are some photos of Garen at the TRS ASIA CUP in Shanghai.
Attached Thumbnails 1/8th scale Motonica-dsc_7106.jpg   1/8th scale Motonica-dsc_7479.jpg   1/8th scale Motonica-dsc_7602.jpg   1/8th scale Motonica-dsc_7744.jpg   1/8th scale Motonica-dsc_8220.jpg  

Old 11-26-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

More photos of Garen in Shanghai: There is also a flickr link which I cannot post due to low status as a rctech user, but if someone can scroll down on forum thread to Brunei RC/Racers and in their thread there is a TRS ASIA CUP post with the flickr link, please copy it and post on this thread, thank you!
Attached Thumbnails 1/8th scale Motonica-dsc_8311.jpg   1/8th scale Motonica-dsc_8279.jpg   1/8th scale Motonica-dsc_8752.jpg   1/8th scale Motonica-dsc_2498.jpg   1/8th scale Motonica-dsc_9066.jpg  

Old 11-26-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Here are a few more:
Attached Thumbnails 1/8th scale Motonica-dsc_2614.jpg   1/8th scale Motonica-dsc_7720.jpg   1/8th scale Motonica-dsc_8106.jpg   1/8th scale Motonica-dsc_8217.jpg   1/8th scale Motonica-dsc_8267.jpg  

Old 11-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

Questions??

I thought his name was Jesus? At least that's what he said it was.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

It's not everday you get a ride with these guys:

Old 11-26-2009, 05:44 PM
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What body were you running Garen?
Old 11-26-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Artec Racing
Old 11-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Hey Garen, Congratz bro - saw some photos on Red RC - venue looked ACE man - when you get a chance post up your setup sheet, id be interested for a no traction compound track since our track here has no track compound ever and we work on the grip we get given on club events or big nationals!

Once again, congratz man - fyling the motonica flag loud and proud!
Thank you. The venue was great, and the traction was actually pretty good all things considered. It had rained for 2 days so the track was relatively clean when practice started. There was zero sugar water applied and as you can see from the pics, the track developed a natural groove from the rubber put down by the cars. The track got quicker on day 2 but was pretty consistent throughout the day. I will post my setup soon, along with photos, race report, etc...just as soon as I get caught up with everything. My setup was not that different than the one I use here. The major changes were lower rear roll center, softer oil and springs, a bit more rear toe, and gurney flap pulled all the way back.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MBlackketter
I thought his name was Jesus? At least that's what he said it was.
Mark, I think it's time you had an In N Out burger or three. Should I overnight you a couple?
Old 11-28-2009, 01:15 AM
Tech Elite

Thank you. The venue was great, and the traction was actually pretty good all things considered. It had rained for 2 days so the track was relatively clean when practice started. There was zero sugar water applied and as you can see from the pics, the track developed a natural groove from the rubber put down by the cars. The track got quicker on day 2 but was pretty consistent throughout the day. I will post my setup soon, along with photos, race report, etc...just as soon as I get caught up with everything. My setup was not that different than the one I use here. The major changes were lower rear roll center, softer oil and springs, a bit more rear toe, and gurney flap pulled all the way back.
Cheers Garen for info, still when you get a chance post up a setup sheet mate

Just a quick one, what does everyone use in body shell? 0.8mm - 0.9mm - 1.0mm

Currently i used the 0.8mm R09 Blitz body but its rather thin and the rear side wall of the body just way too weak and has broken apart.

Just like to see what on a average thickness most of you buy for your bodies - cheers again for tips guys, i am new to 8th scale so id like to get up to speed as quick as possible!
Old 11-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Motonica P8.1

Hey guys, I thought Id chime in about the Motonica. I am currently saving up for one and cant wait, these 1/8th scale cars are so bad ass. I used to race a BMT 2WD and I loved driving it. Heres my list in case anyones interested. Feedback welcome.

Motonica P8.1
RB concept classico 9
RB concept speedlines (37 shore)
Two JR z4800s ? (from my 10th scales)

I dont even care if theres a track close to me..... Im still getting it!
Old 11-30-2009, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lpdconcepts
Hey guys, I thought Id chime in about the Motonica. I am currently saving up for one and cant wait, these 1/8th scale cars are so bad ass. I used to race a BMT 2WD and I loved driving it. Heres my list in case anyones interested. Feedback welcome.

Motonica P8.1
RB concept classico 9
RB concept speedlines (37 shore)
Two JR z4800s ? (from my 10th scales)

I dont even care if theres a track close to me..... Im still getting it!
you will enjoy mate - check out this forum section of all tricks and tips! also check out http://motonica.blogspot.com/

The RB concept you have mentioned not sure what they are like, but when you get it up and running do give us some feed back!

Welcome to the motonica forum, we here happy to help and direct you for happy racing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.