Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th scale Motonica

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
Are you using Loctite on the plastic??????

Well that is good that you have the kit and building it now. I hope I get mine before the first big race. I am going to take a day off work to break in the engine, run the car, and dial it in. Only thing in my way is work and if they give me the day off!

By the way, what is a good weight/speed servo to use on 8th scale on-road cars, as well as for throttle? Are the screws hex or are they phillips?
Harry u want your kit anodized gold before we ship it to you??
Old 04-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VIPMOTORSPORTS
Harry u want your kit anodized gold before we ship it to you??
No, make it red blue and orange. Then you got yourself a deal!
Old 04-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For everyone that has preordered a P81 from Motonica-USA your kits will be shipped out on Saturday, because Garen is on his anniversary vacation and will return either Friday night or Saturday morning.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Also had my first race last week at the Rucphen track. (we have 2 classes during our national series, Nomac and NK. NK is for the real fast drivers and Nomac for the regular drivers. I start in the Nomac)

Practised on the saturday before the race and my P8.0r felt good, i used the same setup as i used last year. Had some engine troubles so put in my other 359 and started to see if i could make 5 min on a tank. Went well so cleaned the car, trued some tires and made it ready for the next day.

On sunday i started in the third heat. i had a bad start as the track was still slippery on the sides, after the start it went well until i ran out of fuel in the last corner so did 20 laps in 5:24. so for the second qualifier we changed the clutch spring and i expected to do better than my first run. So we warmed up the car and when it was time to do some warm up laps we switched on the car and it didnt work as the cable to the accu came loose. Fixed that for the third heat and checked the other wires. Decided to do an fuel stop so i didnt had to worry about fuel consumption. heat went ok, but got hit when overtaking so ill spun in the grass and combined with the fuel stop it costed me a lot of time so i did 19 laps in 5:04.768. so i qualified on the 24th place which is bad. I had to run the 1/4th final. during the warm-up for this final i noticed that the car would not shift so with only 1 min before the start i came in and let my pit guy adjust it, expected to be late for the start but he managed to do it in time for the start the start went well and while still shifting late the car was drivable. After a couple of laps me and an other driver where pulling away fro the field. we switched places a couple of times and then the other fast driver got clutch problems and went in the pit. I had a comfortable lead and wanted to cruise to the finish. but with only 2,5min to go the car didnt respond and stopped in the grass. the accu came loose and fell out (used tape and double sided tape to fasten it, so dont undertand how it came loose.) I ended up 4th place that 1/4th final so i didnt bump up to the semi final
Old 04-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Arno
For everyone that has preordered a P81 from Motonica-USA your kits will be shipped out on Saturday, because Garen is on his anniversary vacation and will return either Friday night or Saturday morning.
Ahhh, ok. I hope he had a good vacation.

So I guess my car comes in next week!!!

Oh man, I am so excited. I just wish my Hudy engine break-in stand would hurry up and arrive.

And Arno, keep posting pictures as you build the P81. I wanna see you loctite more screws into plastic!
Old 04-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ice_nl
Also had my first race last week at the Rucphen track. (we have 2 classes during our national series, Nomac and NK. NK is for the real fast drivers and Nomac for the regular drivers. I start in the Nomac)

Practised on the saturday before the race and my P8.0r felt good, i used the same setup as i used last year. Had some engine troubles so put in my other 359 and started to see if i could make 5 min on a tank. Went well so cleaned the car, trued some tires and made it ready for the next day.

On sunday i started in the third heat. i had a bad start as the track was still slippery on the sides, after the start it went well until i ran out of fuel in the last corner so did 20 laps in 5:24. so for the second qualifier we changed the clutch spring and i expected to do better than my first run. So we warmed up the car and when it was time to do some warm up laps we switched on the car and it didnt work as the cable to the accu came loose. Fixed that for the third heat and checked the other wires. Decided to do an fuel stop so i didnt had to worry about fuel consumption. heat went ok, but got hit when overtaking so ill spun in the grass and combined with the fuel stop it costed me a lot of time so i did 19 laps in 5:04.768. so i qualified on the 24th place which is bad. I had to run the 1/4th final. during the warm-up for this final i noticed that the car would not shift so with only 1 min before the start i came in and let my pit guy adjust it, expected to be late for the start but he managed to do it in time for the start the start went well and while still shifting late the car was drivable. After a couple of laps me and an other driver where pulling away fro the field. we switched places a couple of times and then the other fast driver got clutch problems and went in the pit. I had a comfortable lead and wanted to cruise to the finish. but with only 2,5min to go the car didnt respond and stopped in the grass. the accu came loose and fell out (used tape and double sided tape to fasten it, so dont undertand how it came loose.) I ended up 4th place that 1/4th final so i didnt bump up to the semi final
Hello Ice,

I had the same problem at the Mach in Heemstede, my battery also came loose and it was caused by the fuel leaking at the pit stops.
Now i have my battery in "krimpkous" shrinking foil i think, and glued it with Bison Tix glue on the carbon plate.
Now problems since than.

Greetz Stefan.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Arno, have you thought about using LiPo batteries with the P81? Why or why not? Do LiPo receiver batteries fit with the P81?
Old 04-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Arno, have you thought about using LiPo batteries with the P81? Why or why not? Do LiPo receiver batteries fit with the P81?
I've never even thought about using lipos, weight and runtime has never really been an issue for me, but I'm sure there are lipos that will fit if you wanted to use them.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

I've never even thought about using lipos, weight and runtime has never really been an issue for me, but I'm sure there are lipos that will fit if you wanted to use them.
Well it is not mainly about weight or run time when using LiPo. I know one guy at my track said that it actually gives better results for servoes; making them faster and stronger.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Addict

Well it is not mainly about weight or run time when using LiPo. I know one guy at my track said that it actually gives better results for servoes; making them faster and stronger.
Oh I see, thats never been an issue for me either, and I always use digital servos.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Oh I see, thats never been an issue for me either, and I always use digital servos.
So does he. I guess it is just a matter of opinion. When you really think about it and compare the servo's performance between 4.8v, 6.0v, and then 7.4v, you are looking at faster steering, throttle, and brake response.

So any more pictures of the car's development, senor Arno?
Old 04-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

So does he. I guess it is just a matter of opinion. When you really think about it and compare the servo's performance between 4.8v, 6.0v, and then 7.4v, you are looking at faster steering, throttle, and brake response.

So any more pictures of the car's development, senor Arno?
I will post more pics tonight.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

I will post more pics tonight.
Donde esta el pictures-o, senor Arno!

I'm just dogging yah man. How much of the car have you completed thus far? Any issues? Concerns? Lauds?
Old 04-11-2009, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

Donde esta el pictures-o, senor Arno!

I'm just dogging yah man. How much of the car have you completed thus far? Any issues? Concerns? Lauds?
I think the poor guy fell asleep while putting his car together wake up Arno time to go to work!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Tech Addict

Here are some more pics, Im almost done......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.