Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th scale Motonica

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes please.. show some photos if possible!
Old 01-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

No photos yet, I am waiting to get some, but I did receive some details on the car...I will post some later.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by garen
No photos yet, I am waiting to get some, but I did receive some details on the car...I will post some later.
this is killing me....
Old 01-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

As promised, here is some info on the new car. I did my best and made a couple of corrections and changes to the information I received, as it was written in what appears to be an English translation of Italian text. I have asked for photos, not sure when I will get them. Price will be availalbe soon and I will be taking preorders. Expect the price to be considerably lower than before and very competitive with all other brands.

The Motonica P81 represents the evolution of the P8.0R 08 and gathers all the suggestions derived from the competition experience over the last several years. All the solutions and designs used in the P81 were expressly validated by our ace driver Stefano Solaroli.
The need to have a product with the highest performance in the “King Category” forced us to make for the P81 all new adjustments which did not allow us to continue using ball suspension arms. In dealing with this new project, Motonica never ignored the need to provide a simple product, that can be easily driven on all tracks.

Below you can find some of the most important features that distinguish the P81 from the P8.0 series and from all the other models on the market.

Lighter, stiffer, and more resistant materials
Easy to use radio plate
APA “Adjustment Position” Arms

Front
- Wheel base – front adjustment
- Eccentric on front pillars for a quick movement of the body
- Four position adjustments in the front hub for the front wheel shaft
- Offset (scrub) adjustment for front wheel shaft
- Two positions on the front bulkheads for the upper arms for Camber angle (APA)
- Eccentric on the front bulkheads for the lower arms position (APA)

Rear
- Wheel base – rear adjustment
- Eccentric on the rear axle for position adjustments
- Offset (scrub) adjustment for rear wheel shaft
- Three position adjustments on the rear hub for Camber angle
- 7 position adjustments on the bulks for the upper arms for Camber & Roll Center (APA)
- Eccentric on the rear bulkheads for the lower arms position (APA)
Old 01-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Default More...

here is more details, the above text is right anyways. options also!
http://rcspecial.com/news/?p=12554
Old 01-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Default More...

here are more details, the above text is right anyways. options also!
http://rcspecial.com/news/?p=12554
Old 01-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy

Hi to all

There will be no Upgrade for the P8R to get a P81 . The cars are to different .
But all Motonica Users can change the plasticspares( the steel parts will be the same ) from the P8R with Spares of the new P81 . Thats the help Motonica will give to all Motonica Customers .And I say thats a very good help because it saves your money and you need only to buy the car . The car its selfs will cost less as the P8R . Now the prices are alined with other cars .
You have not to wonder about the Mugen Look . Stefano Solaroli was engineer for Mugen ....
The new P81 how some insiders said , will be much easier to drive and more competitive . There will be some innovative setting solutions . The P8R not ever was easy to drive or to set . The gap between beeing good or bad was very small ! I´am very sad about the change of style . I dont like the new one so much . The P8R was the nicest looking car ever build .
Old 01-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

To me its sounds the new car is getting more complicated to setup with all those new options? the p8.0r was my first 1/8th car and i liked the way it was setup. Also liked the way the servo's where mounted so it was easy to switch them fast, looks like they mounted them to the top deck? But cant wait to see some better pics of it.

Last edited by Ice_nl; 01-23-2009 at 03:30 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

having no upgrade would be very disappointing if it is true. i remembered i read the earlier post, someone said it will have an upgrade kit. i am confused.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

'Someone said' and 'Motonica said' are two different things.

In the press release put out by Motonica for the P81, it is stated 'Motonica also announces that in order to reward the loyalty of their own drivers, a specific promotion will be created which will offer the possibility to Motonica pilots to continue from the P8.0 to the P81.' This does not necessarily mean there will be an upgrade kit, but instead more likely a program which will allow current customers to trade in specific P8.0R parts for the equivalent P81 parts. Regardless the new car appears to have a new chassis, arms, bulkheads, rear uprights, front body mount, roll bar, and possibly upper deck, radio tray mount, and radio tray. An upgrade kit might not be possible.

The new car will cost much less than the P8.0R 08; no longer will Motonica be the highest priced car. From the bits and pieces of information I have gathered the new car will be quite simple to work on, although IMO most of the current car is quite simple to work on too, and will be even faster and easier to drive. For anyone who has driven the P8.0R 08 using our setups, at least here in the US, the car is quite easy to drive and is not overly responsive or 'darty' regardless of the track conditions.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Suspended

cant wait....
Old 01-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Photos of the P81 will be available next week, I'll post them as soon as I have them. Also, I have not yet confirmed the exact details, but the promotion mentioned in an earlier post will be the free replacement of new and unused plastic parts for the equivalent new ones. I don't think any other manufacturer offers support like this.
For pre-ordering info contact [email protected] or any of the dealers listed on www.motonica-usa.com/wheretobuy.html (this page will be updated with some new dealers shortly, www.racedayhobbies.com being one of them).
Old 01-26-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

by accident I came across this link which has some photos of what seems to be a prototype version of the new car.
The album is a bit annoying to handle but give it a try.

http://www.pistarme.com/new_01/2009/motonica_p81.html

I hope Garen's photos are a bit more clear.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Prototype never look the same. Im waiting to see the car at the toy fair.

Last edited by entitymugenmtx; 01-26-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

www.motonica.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.