Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th scale Motonica

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Do you have a P8.0 or a P8.0R? If you have the P8.0, then you have the very first version of the car. I have to admit I don't know too much about the first car, but I think the shock geometry was the main difference between the 8.0 and the 8.0R. Motonica did produce a conversion kit to go from 8.0 to 8.0R.
Since then the 8.0R 08 has come out, which is much more similar to the 8.0R compared to the 8.0R vs the 8.0. All 3 cars share a majority of the parts (arms, belts, drivetrain, bumper, hardware, knuckles, sway bars, and more).

For clutch tuning, read back on this thread. Some of the clutch parts in your kit, mainly the weights and shoe, are different than the ones used now.

For spares and more info go to www.motonica-usa.com and send an email to [email protected] if you have specific questions.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks mate, its not the R version, its the one before that. Yes I read a bit of the thread and will start going through the rest of the thread to get some tips and info. The nice part of the deal is that my Mugen and Kyosho belts and spurs will fit and CV, the kinds of things that break first. I will stick with the Mugen clutch as I can run it on the Mot. with the pinions etc. The car does look like is going to handle like its on rails though. We run a very tight track with awesome traction, VHT, every raceday, so this one could be a winner. I do see the front sway bar has been removed, lets see what is does. Will be on this thread for a while, thanks for the info man!

Take care
Old 07-18-2008, 09:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If the track is high bite you are really going to want that front sway bar. Especially on VHT.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racen4
Thanks Josh. are you using a regulator to drop the voltage to 6v ?

Thanks
Randy
We are using the Lipo receiver battery on the Specktrum 2.4 first generation and pro version without a regulator, it just works excellent. In fact, we even use some slower(compared with KO's latest) Sanwa's WRX, the WRX moves very fast, even faster than the top-of-the-line KO's servo. Actually analog servos moves that fast too.
Do give it a try. Amazing result.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by garen
"Unfortunately they only fit Motonica." - Why is this unfortunate? ;-)
Kidding around. It wouldn't be unfortunate if it was true.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Randy - Nope, no regulator!!! It's not recommended but a little birdy told me all the KO gear is tested at much higher voltage so it's safe to use. Not sure about the other mfg's though.
Per RunRyder the newer JRs are OK at 8.4 volts. I run the 8717 heli servos, but all of the new models with larger cases, 2 extra case screws on top, and aluminum center case should work (9000 series?). They have voltage regulators inside.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

This week the European Championship 1/8th is in Spain Valencia.
Balestri is running a prototype rear end, look on www.redrc.net in the immage gallery.
Stefan.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

There's a few different/modded things on his car. Maybe they'll get more photos up.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Tech Adept

Is motonica attempting to euros with only one driver? I think P8.R is a very good car and Balestri is a fast driver. But you all know, winning depends sometimes to being lucky. And with only one driver, it is very easy to not show what the car really can do.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Balestri is not the only Motonica driver at the event. Solaroli is also there, and if I am not mistaken there is also a top Swiss driver with Motonica. Other than that, I am sure there are more Motonica cars/drivers at the event.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by garen
Balestri is not the only Motonica driver at the event. Solaroli is also there, and if I am not mistaken there is also a top Swiss driver with Motonica. Other than that, I am sure there are more Motonica cars/drivers at the event.
The Swiss drivers name is Mattia Pesenti, also Stefano Puccinelli ,an Italien driver, is racing for Motonica.
There are also a few Spanish and Portugese drivers racing Motonica but i don't no there names.
But i believe there are more Motonica drivers than last years european.
Lets hope they do well.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

The only Portuguese driver with a Motonica is Jose Felix.

I do like the changes they made on the rear, letīs hope they work well.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Finally in stock- the monobloc engine mount. Also got the side stiffeners in stock. These were originally used on the first P8. 40 shore X-Tyres also in stock and these will fit all compatible cars including Kyosho, Mugen, and Serpent OS2.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

So far good news, 2 Motonica's within the first 6 places, Balestri and Solaroli, both running the prototype rear end, which they say is running easier and more stable and still quick.
Although this was still timed practice it looks good, we will see what happens after the first quali run today.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

After the first round of qualies: Balestri 3rd; Solaroli 16th and Puccinelli 19th.
Not bad, i hope they improve tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.