How do you take care of your engine ??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do you take care of your engine ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 05:25 AM
Tech Rookie

it sure is , except now mine doesnt work , fried a plug i think. oh well , ill get a new one , and soon ill get my fantom .15
Old 04-11-2003, 11:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Nitro Star .15FE SLEEPER MOTOR

Originally posted by Supernitro17
i have a nitro star .15 fe ... so i dont take care of it at all ... hoping it explodes soon so i can get my new engine ...
The nitro Star .15FE is not a bad motor, if you take care of it and tune right you might not need to buy a fantom .15 . I had one in my old HPI RS4 and surprised alot of people with it.
Old 04-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Tech Rookie

yeah its not horrible, but i def. want the fantom. i heard its way faster. and im sure it is. 1.35 hp to whatever my crappy fe has . probably like .7 ...
Old 04-29-2003, 11:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys,
i just ordered a new gt-4 but bought a used engine for it, the owner said it had good compression .... i know thats a good thing but how do you know an engine has good compression? can you see it or what? sorry im a noob at nitro , im a electric guy.... well prolly not anymore.
thanks
johnny
Old 04-30-2003, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Supernitro17
i have a nitro star .15 fe ... so i dont take care of it at all ... hoping it explodes soon so i can get my new engine ...
Then I'll suggest the most interesting and quick path to hear a good kaboom!

40% nitro fuel and when you got your engine tuned at 230ºF catch the main needle and do two full turns clockwise.

Do some hard laps on your local track, most surely that on the backstraight at WOT you may hear:

WHIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiii (pop!).................................... (silence)

Use the inertia to go near pits, better than going to the end of backstraight to pick your car